Narcotic Sweet Talk

Severed Hands

Forget more than just regret, Vic needed to forget everything. He tried to forget that he didn’t have the one thing in this world he loved more than anything anymore. But then again, what's the use if what you love is what you have? He never had it easy so he should be used to losing what he wanted and having to work for it.

Ash and Vic lay there for half an hour, on the pier's end, staring at the water and into each other's eyes. He finally had something beautiful to take him somewhere else. He had Ash, even if just for a few more nights. His fingers started twitching, and then his whole hand began to shake. He was uncomfortable and it was beginning to get very cold and dark. He took a deep breath and a look at Ash's serene face and tried to calm down.

All of a sudden he saw blood out of the corner of his eye. He began to panic as he looked down at his arm and saw it was cut off at the elbow. He hadn't remembered this happening. Maybe he had forgotten this traumatic experience like he had forgotten regret. Or maybe he was just tripping out on ecstasy. The latter was most likely the right one, but to make sure he lifted up his arm to make sure it was still attached. It was in its right place.

Ash got up and smiled at him wickedly, her eyes darting from him to the rollercoaster down the way. He laughed and tried to get up, but it seemed his legs were cut off. She pulled on his hand and that came off too. Ash didn’t seem to notice she was holding a severed hand so he tried harder to get up and follow her down the pier towards the roller coaster.

Looking down from the highest slope, everything blurred. He screamed at the top of his lungs and threw his hands up in the air, Ash following suit, as they dropped down and down. He was young and his life had just begun. He didn’t have a care in the world until his hands came down and they were severed and bleeding again. His eyes widened as he looked at Ash, her eyes dilated and blood shot.

They walked off of the roller coaster, holding onto each other for support. Ash couldn't stop laughing or kissing Vic's neck. He tangled his hand through her hair and together they made their way down the beach. He looked into the ocean and wondered what would happen if he drove his car off the pier and let himself drown in the sea. Would he go to heaven or hell or just stay in the water and decompose? He knew he had no chance going to heaven and since he felt like his veins were on fire and he was burning like he had never burnt before, he decided he was going to hell. He imagined himself, severed hands and all, burning and thought to himself, that stop drop and roll don't work in hell.

He didn’t care that it was cold outside anymore, he wanted to run around and live his life to the fullest extent. He kissed Ash hard, his teeth colliding against the back of his lip as she pressed against him fiercely. He could taste her like a hammer through his teeth. They dragged themselves home, their severed hands tangled in each other's hair and once they found their way into her apartment, they landed on her bed where their lungs were begging them to calm down again.

As they lay in each other's arms for what seemed like the millionth time that day, Vic's eyes stayed open wide as Ash drifted off into sleep. He was shaking and sweating, images of severing hands scaring him every time he closed his eyes. He knew this was a mistake and he thought that that felt just like the feeling when you were about to die. But Vic didn’t want to die. Not yet, not anymore. He wanted to be alive, he needed someone to teach him how to be alive.

He pulled on Ash's arm, and she looked at him with crazed eyes and laughed. They were both still tripping and they ran out of her room, onto her balcony and screamed again, laughing together. Vic held her close against him, their shirtless body's generating heat but Vic didn't care that it was cold outside anymore. He just wanted to have some fucking fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a fan of this one either, sorry again!