Narcotic Sweet Talk

A Lonely Coast

The show was soon over and Vic decided to take a walk down the lonely coast of San Francisco, the current city him and the rest of Pierce The Veil were playing that night. He sang back the words Ash had been singing to him this morning when he woke up and his voice hit the silent air, slightly eerily.

Reminiscing and getting lost in his thoughts, he was so wrapped up in relationships and love; he could never understand how people said love would never mean a thing. Love meant everything to Victor Fuentes, even though relationships never worked out. He would try to change everyone's opinion. If you would have asked Vic a week ago, who he was in love with, he would have said Shannon Brennan, and he would have tried to convince you he and her could have changed the world with their love. If you asked Vic three days ago, his opinion on love, he would have told you to go fuck yourself. But, finally, now, if you asked Vic about love, he would simply tell you it was everything and he was finding it in a girl he hardly knew. Victor Fuentes' philosophy on love was this; if our hearts were still beating, love meant everything.

Vic thought back to the first time he saw the two girls he fell hardest for- Shannon and Ash. At first, of course, he felt lust for them but that always developed into something else for Vic, however, not always for other people. Maybe, he thought to himself, muttering, maybe Shannon's feelings never got past lust. She was too stuck on the only thing she knew and what she knew started to waste. Vic had a tendency to care for people more than they did him.

He walked further down the empty coast, not seeing anyone for what felt like hours. The sun started to rise as he finally came closer to where the tour bus was parked, he could see its shape in the distance, beyond the fog that was covering the morning. The sun peaked over the clouds for a moment and Vic saw a figure walking closer to him, he couldn’t be sure who or what it was, though, and kept walking. Every time he blinked he saw Ash's beautiful face, smiling up at him with her sad eyes, singing to him. It was such a pity they 'woke up' that morning; he would have been perfectly content with staying in that bed, wrapped up with her, for the rest of his life. He softly sang her words again, feeling her on his lips. He was scared, like she was, that he would never see her face anywhere but in his mind again. He walked closer to the figure and stopped just short of walking too close, and finally took in exactly who it was.

Oh my God.