Narcotic Sweet Talk

The Sound Of A Ghost

Vic walked closer to the shadowed figure he knew from a life that felt like eons ago. He shook his head in shame, letting his brown hair fall in his face. Shannon looked at him with her big blue eyes as she gave him a hesitant, closed-lip smile. Her smooth voice floated across the air between then, "Don't react when I tell you," she started. Vic took a step towards her and then two back. She took a deep breath and stepped towards Vic seductively, "Don't react when I tell you that I love you, I still love you."

Emotion filled Vic's small body and his stomach turned. She had to ruin everything in his life. "Shannon, no," he whispered, shaking his head again. "Bright lights mean nothing to you because no one would know the sound of a ghost." Shannon looked at him confused, she never understood the way poetic way he talked, and Vic sighed loudly. "You've changed so much, Shannon, you've become so fake. You say bright lights mean nothing to you, but that’s a lie. There's only a whisper of a ghost of the person you used to be, and honey, fake isn’t my style and I can't handle you anymore."

Vic paused and looked up into the night sky, "You don't give a damn about me. We could have had something beyond beautiful, and I might have been something to you but I wouldn't know anymore, Shannon, because any feelings you had for me are trapped in that ghost of who you used to be."

"Can we just lose our minds and call it love for a last time?" Shannon asked Vic desperately, her arms snaking around his neck. Vic looked down and closed his eyes, almost muttering 'yeah' but found his senses.

"My darling, the dark got the best of all we had." Vic murmured, shivering. The cold had turned his blood to ice and his bones were rigid and frozen. "I might be perfect with you but no one would know, and I don't want to find out anymore." He paused and unhooked her arms from around him. "Thank you for opening my eyes, but I never want to see you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY.
I've fallen in love with Vic again.