Narcotic Sweet Talk

Teenage Heart Attack

Vic got on stage with his brother and two best friends. It had been weird trying to get back into the swing of things. His heart was still breaking and every time he closed his eyes he saw Shannon's pretty blue eyes in the back of his mind. He took his spot behind the mic and started singing to the audience: "Call the police, this whole place is gonna burn."

Vic's lips kept moving, his voice floating out of them effortlessly as Jaime backed into him by accident with his bass. Vic's eyes were closed: he saw Shannon's eyes, then her whole face, then all of her with a gun in her hands. She showed up at his apartment once, a gun to her head, high out of her mind, telling Vic she was going to kill herself.

He remembered walking slowly towards her, his lips telling her to put the gun down. He remembered how pretty she looked with her face so desperate and fallen. Shannon looked so pretty when she was dressed for the grave. She threw herself at him, kissing his lips feverishly.

Vic was dizzy from her embrace as they fell onto his bed sloppily. They embarked on a passion filled night, loving each other in the heat of the moment. The gun was on the bedside table and Vic kept reminding himself not to look at it. He felt like this, their first time together, was an accident. But accidents always seemed to happen to him. They forgot the world, locked in each other's arms, their legs intertwined. The sun came up but they were still awake, staring into each other's eyes.

Vic wondered to himself, snapping out of the memory, if he was the trigger to her gun or was she the trigger to his? He sang, "I want to be done, I don't want to be famous no more," and for the first time he felt the honesty in his words. He shook his head, his hair falling in his face as a girl about twenty four rows back sang in unison to him. She had a pretty face framed with short blonde hair with purple low lights. He smiled at her as he finished the song, "This whole place is gonna burn."

Heat overwhelmed him as he looked into her eyes, wicked thoughts flashed through his mind as the crowd clapped and screamed. His heart accelerated, he thought he was going to have some rare sort of teenage heart attack brought on by lust for the nameless girl in the crowd.