You Are My Downfall, I Am Your Forgotten Face

Chapter Two

"Alannah! You seem much more chipper today!" Dr. Vanderbilt exclaimed.

"To tell you the truth, I wanna be here." 'So I can remember Matt.' I finished my sentence in my head.

"Alright. Sit down and let's get started."

"I left off with Matt asking me out on the first day of school, so I guess I should tell you about that. Right?" She nodded in agreement.

I sat on my couch, dressed and ready to go waiting for Matt to arrive. I was in a pair of ripped up jeans-that I was told to throw out a year ago-, a purple halter top, and black wedge flip-flops. I looked at the clock again, ten minutes. I hope he finds the place OK, and that my dad doesn't throw him out. I heard a vehicle pull up, so I sprinted to the door and looked out the peep-hole.

'Wow! He is one fine boy!' I thought as I watched him make his way to the door. He was in a pair of jeans and a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, showing a little bit of the artwork on his arms.

"Alannah! Is that him?" my father called from upstairs. I gulped and nodded, forgetting that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah daddy! It's him!" My parents began to descend the stairs at the same time Matt knocked on the door. I opened it. "Hi Matt!" I said. His arms went around me in a heart-warming hug.

"Boy, if you are taking my daughter out of this house, then you better sit your ass in that chair and have a heart-to-heart with daddy." My dad said the second his foot hit the bottom step.

"Yes sir. And hello to you too Alannah." Matt sat in the chair and looked my dad in the eyes as they spoke. I stood by my mom, hearing bits and pieces of their conversation. Basically, my dad was threatening him.

"He's handsome Alannah. How'd you find him?" My mom asked.

"He has the locker next to mine, he helped me open my locker first thing, because it was stuck."

"Aww, how sweet. Don't worry. I'm yelling at your dad the second you two are gone." I laughed, my mom always had the ability to make me laugh.

"And you better have her home by eleven. It is a school night you know."

"Of course sir." Matt said shaking my father's hand. "Mrs. O'Byrne I believe this is hello and good-bye, because we have reservations for seven forty-five, and it is now," he looked at his watch, "seven twenty."

"Alright, bye kids. Be safe and have fun!" my mother yelled as we walked out the door. Matt opened the door for me and then ran to his side of the car. We pulled away. I looked at him he was drumming on the steering wheel to 'Paradise City' by Guns N' Roses.

"Matt, I hope my father wasn't mean to you."

"No, he was fine. I understand. He has a beautiful daughter who he doesn't want to get hurt."

I blushed. "Yeah, well, I'm still sorry."

He laughed. We pulled into a restaurant and went inside. We were seated. As we ate we talked. I found out that he was two years older than me, but he started school a year late and got held back in first grade because he was a slow reader. I told him about myself and before I knew it we were ready to leave and know everything about eachother. He only became more attractive. He was lead singer in a band, could play guitar and piano, and was also on the basket-ball team.

"Well, we have two hours before we need to get you home. Is there anything you want to do?" Matt asked.

I shrugged, "Not anything in particular. You choose something."

"I have an idea." He said as we pulled out. Ten minutes later we were at a park. There were no kids here, because it was probably past their bed times. We got out of the car and Matt took my hand. "Follow me." He led us through some trees and to a pathway. the pathway opened up to a clearing. In the clearing was a lake with a waterfall cascading into it. The moonlight shone on the lake, causing the rippling water to sparkle.

"Wow Matt. How'd you find this place?"

"Me and my band mates come here all the time. My friend Jimmy found it. Me and the four of them come up with song ideas here all the time while we drink 40's."

"How many other people have been here besides you five?"

"None, we keep it pretty secret." He said walking to the water's edge. He took off his shoes and rolled up his pant and stuck his feet in the water sitting on a small cliff's edge. I followed his actions. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him. I rested my head on his chest and we sat in silence. The silence was broken by Matt's voice singing.

Cry alone, I've gone away
No more nights, no more pain
I've gone alone, took all my strength
But I've made the change,
I won't see you tonight

Sorrow, sank deep inside my blood
all the ones around me,
I cared for and loved

Building up, inside of me
A place so dark, so cold, I had to set me free
Don't mourn for me, you're not the one to place the blame
As bottles called my name, I won't see you tonight

Sorrow, sank deep inside my blood
all the ones around me,
I cared for and most of all I loved
but I can't see myself that way
please don't forget me or cry while I'm away

Cry alone, I've gone away
No more nights, no more pain
I've gone alone, took all my strength
But I've made the change,
I won't see you tonight

So far away, I'm gone. Please don't follow me tonight.
And while I'm gone, everything will be alright.

No more breath inside
Essence left my heart tonight (I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 by a7x [Duh!])

I felt myself drifting to sleep. His voice was like a lullaby to me. I looked up at him. "Matt?"

He looked down. "Yeah Alannah?"

"Can you take me home. I'm really tired."

"Of course. " He put his shoes back on and stood up. I did the same, but could barely stand straight. "How about I carry you?"

"Do you mind?" He shook his head and picked me up. I fell asleep seconds later to the sound of his heartbeat.

"Alannh? Can you wake up enough to get in the car?" Matt asked me. His breath hit my neck, causing me to wake up. He set me down and I got in the car. We weren't even on the road when I fell back asleep.

I felt myself being lifted out of the car and then heard a car door slam. I would have moved if I wasn't so comfort able.

"Matt? Oh dear is she OK?" I heard my mom's voice.

"That boy had better not of hurt my little girl!" I heard my father yell, he was probably getting ready for bed.

"She's fine Mrs. O'Byrne, she fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her. She's very adorable when she's asleep. Well, she's adorable anyway, but she looked so peaceful." I heard Matt say.

My mom giggled. "I know, she's just too cute when she sleeps. Come and put her on the couch."

I felt myself being placed down. I twisted a little and opened my eyes. "Matt?" I asked.

"Hey Alannah. You're home. You fell asleep on the way here. But I'm gonna go, I have to get up in the morning too, I'll see you at school. OK?"

"Matt, can I have a hug?" He nodded and bent over me placing his arms around my back. I discretely planted a kiss on his cheek as he pulled away.

"See you tomorrow Alannah." Matt said smiling a goofy grin.

"Bye Matt." I said smiling back. He left and I went to bed.

"Well, Miss O'Byrne, your session is done for today. See you tomorrow." Dr Vanderbilt said. I left with a smile on my face. All I could think of was my first date with Matt and how much I still love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you like it. ^_^