You Are My Downfall, I Am Your Forgotten Face

Chapter Five

I sat in my room, listening to the radio. No music has ever truly appealed to me since he left. His voice is the only one I ever want, did want, and will want to hear. That was when I heard it. It was him, and the guys.

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry
These streets we travel on will undergo our same lost past

I found you here, now please just stay for a while
I can move on with you around
I hand you my mortal life, but will it be forever?
I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done
We both know the day will come, but I don't want to leave you

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry (a melody, a memory, or just one picture)

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Newborn life replacing all of us, changing this fable we live in
No longer needed here so where do we go?
Will you take a journey tonight, follow me past the walls of death?
But girl, what if there is no eternal life?

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry (a melody, a memory, or just one picture)

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here
Please tell me what we have is real

So, what if I never hold you, yeah, or kiss your lips again?
Woooaaah, so I never want to leave you and the memories of us to see
I beg don't leave me

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

Trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here
Please tell me what we have is real

Silence you lost me, no chance for one more day [x2 then continues in the background]
I stand here alone
Falling away from you, no chance to get back home
I stand here alone
Falling away from you, no chance to get back home


"That was Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold. The band will be back home in Huntington for a performance at their favorite venue, Chain Reaction, in two weeks on Friday. Anyone who's supported them since the beginning is urged to come." The announcer on the radio said.

I sighed, I wish I could go see them. I got up and made my way to Dr. Vanderbilt's office. I opened the door and sat across from the doctor.

"Alannah, you look unease."

"He's going to be in Huntington."

"Oh, how do you know?"

"His band is playing their favorite venue."

"Really? Hmm... I have a question for you Alannah."

"And that would be?"

"How would you like to talk to him?"

"How?"

"You and I will go to the show. and meet him after wards."

"That wouldn't be bad for me, would it?"

"I'm permitting it, so if it is, then it's my fault, but it shouldn't effect you in any way."

"Alright, let's do it."

"OK, I'll set it up. Now let's here your story that you have today."

It was the day that my friends came back. I stood in the cafeteria, tray in hand, debating on what to do. I looked at my friends, who were looking at me like I was insane. Then I looked outside, where my new friends andboyfriend guy I was casually dating, would be. I made my decision, walking outside. My friends sprang from their table and followed me.

"Alannah, what the fuck are you doing?" Ellie asked me. I ignored her and kept on walking.

"Ally, are you OK?" Layla asked. I ignored her too.

"Als! Als!" Jacey yelled in my ear, only to be ignored.

"Alannah, babe, what is wring with you?" Katie asked softly. I ignored that one too.

I came to the table and stopped behind Matt, putting a finger to my lips, telling the boys to not tell. I leaned down and softly bit Matt's neck.

He jumped out of his seat and screamed, "What the fuck!" at the top of his lungs. He then looked at me and laughed. He took my tray, setting it on the table. He proceeded to pick me up and spin in circles. He stopped, planting a kiss on my lips. "Hey babe."

"Hiya Mattie!" I yelled, kissing his nose/ He chuckled and set me down. The guys all stood up, giving me hugs and a kiss on the cheek, like they always did, and sat back down.

I was spun around and faced with my girls. "Yes?" I asked them.

"Would you like to explain what the fuck is this?" Jacey asked.

I giggled, "These are my hoes, and I am their pimp. Well except for this one." I said pulling Matt to my side. "He's my bitch." I heard the guys laughing, but the girls didn't seem to find it funny. "Fine, these are the friends I made while you guys were off being sick. I'm kinda dating this one." I said kissing Matt's cheek.

"This one has a name. Ya know?" Matt said looking at me.

"I know, but I was on a roll." He looked at me with the "What the fuck?" look. "Alright, this is Matt. These guys are his friends, Brian, Jimmy, Johnny, and Zacky." The guys all waved when I said their name. The girls eyes lit up, and I knew that getting them together sound be a cinch. The girls started to talk to the guys, giving me and Matt time alone.

"I was thinking." Matt said.

"Uh-oh, this can't be good."

"Hey!" HE whined.

I laughed and apologized. "Sorry."

"It's OK. Like I was saying, I was thinking, we never made us official."

"Yeah. And?"

"Well." He said digging in his pocket. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked holding up an old ring, probably from the fifties.

"Of course." I said looking at him.

"I'm not sure which finger this should go on." He said honestly.

"What ever finger you choose." He picked up my left hand and put it on my ring finger.

"This is the promise ring that my father gave my mother when we was shipped off to war in the sixties. And this ring, not only tells other guys to back the fuck off, but it also means that I promise to love you, protect you, and be there for you." He said kissing my hand before letting it drop to my side. I had tears in my eyes, and he wipped them away. I kissed him in the most passionate kiss ever. The bell rang, forcing us to break it and run to class.

I looked up at Dr. Vanderbilt. "I still have that ring." I said to her, pulling the chain from out of my shirt and into the light, revealing the old-fashioned ring.

"Well, this shows you still love him, and gives me more motive to get you to the show." She said with a smile. "See you tomorrow Alannah.

I left the room, with a smile on my face. 'Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over' I said in my head as I entered my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, but hopefully the long update made up for it. ^__^