You Are My Downfall, I Am Your Forgotten Face

Chapter Eight

I stood in my room, looking at myself in a small mirror. I reminded myself of the younger me. The ripped jean, plain black t-shirt and old worn chucks. I sighed as I pulled the hoodie on my arms, hiding the scars that were still visible. I left my room and headed out to Dr. Vanderbilt's office. We were not to leave for another hour or so, but the doctor asked for another session before we go. I entered the room and looked at my doctor, dressed in 'casual' clothes.

"Hi Alannah. Are you prepared for today?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think so. You wanted to have another session before we left?"

"Yes. I know this is probably skipping a large period of time, but I want to hear about the last time you saw Matt."

"Yeah, that is a large leap in time, but I guess really nothing much more important happened up until then. Except for Matt and I's first time, but I wasn't planning on telling you that anyway, it's kinda personal."

Dr. Vanderbilt gave a light laugh. "Yes, well I do believe that would be a very personal experience. Well, if you believe that nothing important happened, then tell me of your last day. I think it is very important for me to know that before we leave."

"Alright. It was the day after our graduation. Matt and I were having a joint party with all of our family and friends on the beach."

"I can't believe we finally graduated!" I yelled jumping on Ellie's back, knocking her over.

Jacey, Layla, and Katie looked at the two of us and laughed. "Well, one thing won't change. We'll be friends forever." Jacey said smiling.

"Damn right!" Ellie yelled after spitting sand from her mouth. "Al, babe, care to get off me?"

"But, you're cushy!" I yelled.

"Alannah! Get off the girlfriend!" I heard Brian yell causing me to laugh and get up. I ran towards Brian and pounced on him, knocking him over like I did his girlfriend. "Hey! That didn't mean you should jump on me!"

"Well, yeah it did." Everyone was laughing as our conversation went off.

"Al, I love ya, but off the boyfriend!" Ellie yelled.

"But he's cushy too!" I yelled.

"Matt control your woman!" Brian and Ellie yelled at the same time causing me to laugh.

"Come on Alannah, off Brian. You can sit on me." He said with a wink, making me burst into a fit of giggles.

"Gladly." I said as he picked me up and sat down, me in his lap. I looked at me circle of friends, girls in the lap of their guys. I want it to be like this forever. Me, my friends, and my boyfriend. Just as it should be.

"Alannah! Come over here!" My mom yelled from her spot with our families and our parent's friends.

"Be back guys." I said standing up and pecking Matt on the lips as I left. I made my way to my mom. "Hey mom, what did you want?"

"I want you to meet Nick." My mom said pointing the they guy standing by her that looked like a guy from an Ambercrombie photo.

"Uh, hi?" I said taking his hand in a handshake. "Excuse us." I said pulling my mom away. "What are you trying to do?" I asked her. Ever since my dad died, all she's tried to do is take me away from Matt. All of her attempts have failed.

"What? I can't introduce you to people?" She asked trying to be innocent.

"I know what your doing mom, it's not gonna work." I said as I left her standing alone and made my way back to the place where I belong, in Matt's arms.

"Hey what was all that about?" Katie asked me from her spot on Jimmy.

"Nothing, just my mom introducing me to a friend."

"Oh, your mom's a weirdo." Layla said laughing.

"Yeah she is." I said being distracted by thought. Just how far is she willing to go to get me away from Matt?

"Babe, come with me." Matt said standing up and taking my hand. "Be right back guys!" He called from over his shoulder as we walked away from the group.

"Use protection!" Zacky yelled causing the group to laugh and the family group to go quiet.

"Leave it to Zacky." Matt said shaking his head.

"Yeah." I said looking out at the water.

"Alannah, are you OK?" Matt asked stopping us from continuing down the beach.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're just be so, distant."

"I'm sorry Matt. I'm just overwhelmed is all."

"If you say so." He said taking my hand again and continuing down the beach.

We walked for a long time and ended up coming back to the group. We sat and talked about the future for hours on end. The guys were hoping that the band would be signed and start touring soon. They already had a decent local following, they've been playing at many local clubs and bars. We later separated, couples leaving together. Matt and I had decided to stay on the beach. We sat in silence, holding each other. No words were needed, we had all we would ever need, each other.

"That was the last time that I had technically saw Matt face-to-face. I later saw him on TV and things like that, but never us alone together. I never got a phone call or a message. I guess he just decided that we were over. My friends all stayed with them, but I got the boot." I said a tear sliding down my cheek.

"Well, let's go and see what he as to say. Yeah?"

"Yeah, let's go." I said standing up and following her out to her car. She pulled away and we headed out to Chain Reaction. It's time to face my Downfall.
♠ ♠ ♠
here we go