Status: Completed. Awaiting sequel.

Keep the Closet Door Closed

Here's A Suggestion

Image

Anthony's Point of View
That night, I slept in her room- If you can consider twenty minutes of sleep really sleeping. I couldn't keep my eyes shut for too long because my brain was pulsing with ideas, confusion and questions about the ghost and, more importantly, about Bones.

I sighed, giving upon sleep and sat up to look at her. I wondered how she could possibly sleep so well during this whole ordeal. She was beautiful, though, and it was sort of soothing to know that someone was getting rest. I relaxed, leaning my face against the softness of her bed (the floor was rather hard) and watched her sleep.

"She's gorgeous, isn't she?" I heard a familiar voice ask, quietly. I jumped at the sound. I guess I just forgot he was here. I ignored the question, though. How could I tell the..guy..she slept with that she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen? "You feel almost the same way about her as I do, don't you? You see in her what I see." he added.

"What do you see?" I inquired, curiously. Sure, he slept with her but it didn't mean he actually loved her. In fact, selfishly, I hoped he didn't. "I see an amazing girl who is slowly dying inside." he replied to my shock. I thought he'd say something so flattering about her but he didn't. He was a realist and he wasn't entirely blinded by the way he cared about her.

"And I know you see it, too. She covers it up by seeming angry all the time but she is really sad and scared." he continued. I'd seen it. I'd seen those gorgeous green eyes slowly lose their color. "She doesn't really want her life. She isn't holding on anymore." I'd seen that, too. I'd seen her soft features fall when she thought no one was looking. She'd quickly regain and her composure and continue shoving books into her locker. She's just like I was before I killed myself. She is almost as dead as me."

"I know." I hissed, angered. I wasn't angry at him- I was angry at the truth; honesty. "And that's why she can touch me, I think." the voice concluded. His voice faded closer to her and I saw her lips slowly curve up in her sleep. I sighed. I had to suggest it- He made her smile. That was all that mattered, wasn't it? "You could obtain a body." I said, reluctantly.

"What?" the voice questioned, astonished. "You could obtain a body. When someone is dying, you could take over their body. It really is as easy as it sounds- unless there are evil spirits searching for a home was well, but that is a different story." I explained.

"Wouldn't that be rather difficult to do, though? I am trapt in this room." he countered. I sighed again. "No matter. We'll figure it out." I replied. Suddenly, Bones' brows furrowed together and she groaned slightly. "Why are you two dream invaders still awake?" she muttered and, unwillingly, turned to face us.

"We were discussing a solution." I answered, quietly. "To what? Why now? Good Gods, go to sleep!" she grumbled, rolling over. I smiled and shook my head. She was so ill-mannered. "Good night, Annabell." I heard the voice whisper. I sighed inwardly. He loved her almost as much as I did.