Status: Completed. Awaiting sequel.

Keep the Closet Door Closed

Hypothetically, I Love Him

Image

Anthony's Point of View
"is it my birthday?" I joked as Bones stood in nothing but a white blanket at my doorway. I joked in order to keep her from knowing that I was completely smitten by her. She looked beautiful, clutching tightly to the blanket and fidgeting. She rolled her eyes and entered the room. "I need to stay with you for a while. Is that okay?" she asked, running into the bathroom.

"Of course." I called to her through the door. "Why?" When she came from the bathroom, she was dressed in jeans and a sweat shirt, covering up as much of herself as possible. I sighed. Casual Saturdays sucked.

"Because. My room is being occupied." she mumbled and tossed the folded blanket onto the bed. I knew there was more to it but I didn't ask for specifics. I was just happy that she was here.

She examined the pictures and literature that was scattered on my floor with more interest than I thought was normal. "Y-You know about ghosts?" she gasped, picking up "Paranormal Facts" off of the ground. "Yeah, I know. Its a weird hobby. I'm really interested in it, though. Go ahead and laugh." I muttered.

Instead of laughing, though, she tackled me to the ground in a hug. "Tell me everything you know." she pleaded. Taken by surprise, I nodded. "Uh. Sure. I didn't know you were interested in this stuff." I replied, not attempting to get up. I'd hoped she would just forget that she was on top of me but, sadly, she knew. She coughed awkwardly and got up.

"Anything in particular you want to know?" I asked, still not sitting up. "What about, hypothetically, a ghost that only one person can see and touch?" she asked, nervously. "Why could this hypothetical person hypothetically be able to touch him and what does that mean? What is he?"

I began to think she wasn't being hypothetical anymore but kept my opinion to myself. I mean, her room did happen to be where some boy killed himself, she was using "he" to describe the ghost, and was too specific. It is really why I wanted to go with her to her room in the first place. I wanted to see the "ghost" and, although I didn't see the ghost, I'm grateful for meeting her.

"Well, the ghost and the human would be an extremely rare case to just see each other. I don't know about touching but, in order for a ghost and a human to see each other, there has to be a strong bond." I explained. Her brows furrowed together and she rubbed the back of her neck. "What if the ghost is a stranger?" she asked.

"There could still be a strong bond. Chemistry or something. Its like meeting someone for the first time and knowing that you'll end up marrying them.." I replied, fading off. "A ghost and a human." I coughed, returning to the topic at hand. We won't marry. Bones doesn't believe in marriage- Hell, she doesn't even really like me yet. I'm just the only one she hasn't chased off.

She nodded. "Oh." she mouthed. "So, the human isn't the reason- The human isn't special; its the bond the human and the ghost share." I nodded. She sighed and bit her bottom lip, seeming to concentrate. I built up the courage and asked, "Bones, where is the ghost that you can see and touch?" Her eyes widened for a moment but, soon, she closed them. "He's in my room." she replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you sinsa-4-eva for the great idea. I personalized it a bit so I could just use a current character rather than make a new one but you really helped. :)