Status: Completed. Awaiting sequel.

Keep the Closet Door Closed

I've Checked Out

Image

Anthony's Point of View
She led me to her room, nervously fidgeting along the way. "Is there anything else I should know?" I asked her, noticing her uneasiness. Now that I know the ghost exists, I should be able to hear him when he speaks. Its all about the mind, really. I wanted to be sure she told me everything.

She sighed. "Well, you know how I can touch him?" she asked. I nodded. She took a deep breath and let it out, avoiding eye contact and muttered something I couldn't hear. "What?" I asked. She closed her eyes and shouted, "I slept with him! Okay? Are we clear now?!" I was taken aback. Her features softened and she muttered, "Sorry for yelling- I just- I'm not proud of it." She headed for her door again.

It took me a moment to bring myself to follow her. She slept with a ghost- but it didn't seem like something she would do. She wasn't the kind of girl who was.. easy. "You slept with a ghost." I repeated for clarification. She turned to me again, frustrated and growled, "Yes. Yes, I did. I am easy- Easy like Sunday morning. Are you happy now?" She turned on her heel in a huff and tore open her door, angrily.

"That's not true and you know it. You like him, don't you?" I asked her, incredulously. She liked a ghost. She would rather be with a ghost then be with me. She stopped in her tracks, opening her mouth to defend herself. Then, she sighed. "Maybe." she muttered. "And he isn't here. He would have said something by-"

Her voice broke off at the sound of a new one. "Who would have what?" the voice asked. Bones looked over to the bed and attempted a smile. "You would have said something had you been in the room- and you are in the room.. so you said something." she answered. The second voice sounded confused and it replied, "Okay? So you ran from the room this morning and, now, have come back with another guy?"

She sighed and introduced me. "Jasper, this is Anthony. Anthony, this is Jasper- the.. fly." she said, referring to her excuse last time I entered her room. "Hello, Jasper." I greeted. "He can hear me, too?" Jasper asked, his voice showing exactly how confused he was. Bones nodded. "Because I told him about you- He can hear you now." she explained.

I heard a sigh. "And what did you say about me?" he asked, accusingly. Bones looked hurt. "I didn't drag your name through the mud if that's what you mean, Jasper. I told him about you because he knows a lot about ghosts. He can help-" she began. "Keep you from having to be alone with me." Jasper finished for her.

Her eyes narrowed at the bed, glaring intensely. "Help us figure out this whole ordeal." she corrected. "You and I have a- bond. That's why I can see and hear you." "We have more than just a bond, Annabell, and, because you'll probably never let this kid leave the room anytime soon, I guess I'll have to spill my heart out in front of the both of you." the other voice began.

"I love you, Annabell. I know you feel the same way about me and, although the situation is difficult-" "Oh, I think we are a bit passed difficult." she interrupted, bitterly. A sigh sounded. "Yes, well, it doesn't mean we can't make it work. Obviously, there is a reason you can see me. There is a reason we're here." Jasper said.

"And there is a reason Anthony is here. Maybe we can hold off on the gush until he's done helping us, Jasper." Bones muttered, turning to me again. "Any idea what's going on here?" she asked, hopefully. To be honest, I probably knew a lot less than even they did. I was more confused than a fifteen year old boy waking up naked on his grandparents' lawn.