Twisted Fate

Introduction

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a witch?
Green skin, flying brooms, striped leggings, and warts. Oh, and the evil cackle. Am I right? Well, to ease your mind from all things deadly disgusting, picture this; A tall, slim woman with flowing chocolate brown hair that curls at the ends. A slim face with a dazzling white smile and an excellent figure with luxurious curves like that of an hour glass. Beautiful slim legs that shine like glass underneath her skirt. In perfect balance as she walks by you in her high heels, her scent of Chanel perfume flowing off her as her curls bounce slightly from her movement.
Alright, so a witch doesn't really look like that either. But it's very possible.
I guess you could say we're all average, in a weird, magical sense. We blend in so well with this human world. The only time people think of us is on Halloween, when the kids are running in costumes from door to door for their nightly fix of sugar that comes once a year.
People easily mistake us and use our term in harsh condition. To put people down, or to insult them. Well, I think I'm the only one who actually finds the term insulting. My sisters just tell me to blow it off, like it's nothing. But it is something. Something crude, and not realistic. Our name was not meant to be used in a fowl manor, and I'd make sure of it.
I hadn't noticed my glare at the group of Barbie's that always sat in the back row until one pointed it out. She curled her top lip up and looked at me like I was some kind of disgusting insect crawling around on the floor.
"Ew" she whispered, signaling for me to turn around in my seat.
I rolled my eyes and did just that. I didn't want to look at her anyways. For one, she had way too much make up on, even for a Barbie, and two, her shirt was disgusting on her. My eyes flared in anger as the image of her My Chemical Romance shirt took its tole over my thoughts. I felt like casting a spell on her right then and there. Them girls, thinking their so 'Scene'. I rolled my eyes at the word and the obnoxious style. They weren't anything but plastics gone bad. But, of course, I wasn't aloud to use magic in front of those mortals, or any mortal to be exact. I wasn't aloud to tell anyone my secret, except my sisters who shared the same secret. Thank God for that. I would've gone mad keeping my magic to myself. It was hard enough to control the urge to cast as it is.
"Miss Simpson!" Mrs. McLean's high pitch squeal echoed through my brain, quickly snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yes?" I asked, trying to focus my eyes on her ridiculously bright, unlatching, outfit.
"Pay attention" she mumbled through her teeth before stalking off at her normal pace around the class room.
"Pay attention" I mimicked quietly to myself. Only my sisters with super hearing could hear my impersonation, and low chuckles escaped from their throats.
"What's so funny?" Mrs. McLean snapped.
"Nothing, Mrs. McLean" Charlotte answered innocently. She was so good at that, it was unreal. Her thick, chocolate brown, braids hung loosely down her shoulders, while her deep hazel eyes glowed with that innocent look she was so good at.
"Oh, alright" she sighed and quickly glanced at the clock. "There's only three minuets left anyways. Have it to your selves"
"You sneaky devil" I thought to my sister, Charlotte.
"He He He" she giggled innocently in her mind
"You used mind control, didn't you?" Faleen piped in to our mental conversation. She sounded a bit annoyed with Charlotte's ways.
"So what?" she snapped, her dark eyebrows pulled together against her soft, pearl coloured face.
"You're going to get caught one of these days." Faleen warned her in her always right tone.
"Oh, lighten up." I piped in again. Faleen's face expressed an emotion of annoyance "Besides, it's Charlotte's choice. If she gets caught she can handle the torture, right?" I smirked as her expression changed to a smug grin.
"Shut up, guys" she hissed and crossed her arms over her chest.
" Way to be mature" Faleen rolled her eyes.
"Alright, you can go" Mrs. McLean waved her hand towards the door.
I flipped my binders shut and carefully held them against my chest. I didn't want to move too fast. There was so many things us witches had to look out for in this world.
We couldn't use our agility as much. Our powers were a definite no no in this life. And flying. That had to be saved for the night time. It was kind of a downer, I mean, I always look forward to a good fly once in a while. I remembered in the old life when I could fly sky high and feel the sun beating on my pale skin. I could feel the breeze of the wind through my shoulder length hair, and the breeze swiftly blowing my dress. I always smiled, and always pushed my self forward when the birds dared me to race them.
They were always disappointed in the end. Letting out loud caw's, or squeals of anger and defeat. And all I could do was smirk. Now I was racing with the bats, and millers, in a new style. A style of denim leggings, cotton shirts, and well known shoes such as Chuck Taylor's All Stars, and Vans. And the music style has changed so much since our last visit to the mortal world. Changed for the good, in my point of view. I was always a 'rocker', so to speak. I was never a fan of mellow music, thudding beats that repeat over and over, and classic instruments. Only the sweet sounds of heavy bass, guitar, drums and screaming vocals can catch my attention. And it just so happens it's the style in this life.

"Locker" Rose's voice echoed in my mind as I walked down the hall way.
I blinked, and quickly dodged the locker door that flew open in front of my face. It would've startled any normal human, but not me. I was different and I knew that. Everyone knew that the Simpson sisters were different. I kept my face straight, and continued at my 'mortal' pace down the hall way.

All four of us walked into the class room, our legs in perfect synchronization. We each took our seats in the far back of Mr. Daupnie's Math class. He spit when he spoke, and it was utterly disgusting. We tried to avoid it as much as possible.
I glanced around his bare class room, displaying posters of "helpful" hints tacked on the boring white walls. My eyes focused the attention towards his desk on the left corner of the class room. His head was shoved in a thick book as he waited for the noisy students to arrive in his class. He ignored us completely, which I was thankful for.
"That book looks boring" Faleen whispered, pulling each one of us out of our own thoughts.
"Probably is" I shrugged, biting down on my lip ring. We would've spoke mentally, but we saved that for class time when we were supposed to be paying attention. Plus, we had to look socially close anyway.
"Teachers are boring" Rose added, stretching her arms outward.
"Nice to hear that, Rosemary" the teacher grunted. He sat the book down on his wooden desk and stood up as the students got comfortable in their seats. "Alright" he smiled weakly, clapping his hands together. "You all remember yesterday's assignment, I assume?"
Everyone groaned in response. They must've forgot to do it.
"You guys didn't do it, did you?" he sighed, hanging his head and rubbing his temples. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you guys" he shook his balding head, his eyes shot open displaying disappointment. His hands quickly fell to his sides, and he dug the paper out behind his deck. "I guess we'll just go over it together"
"I feel so bad for him" Charlotte thought in a sad tone.
"Same here. Everyone's just too lazy" I thought back, my thought was almost angry at these people.
"Yeah, really though" Charlotte sighed heavily in her mind.
I looked over at her. She was biting the side of her cheek in rage and thought. I departed my thoughts from hers. I didn't want to intrude her mind. That's another thing we were fully capable of. When we wanted to communicate through thoughts, we could do so very clearly. But when our thoughts were not for the sisters to hear, we could easily zone away. It came in handy. I mean, I didn't want to know everything my sisters were thinking, and I'm sure it was the same for me.
We could easily tap into others minds, but it took a little more effort. Humans were very interesting creatures, but not that different from us. I thought their thoughts would consist of, well, nothing. But it's just amazing how creative some actually are in their mind, but wouldn't appear to be in normality.
I don't like to intrude, though, and neither do my sisters. We just keep to ourselves.

"Finally" Faleen sang, as she bolted into the door way at full speed.
"Oh, good. You're home" our adopted mom smiled cheerfully, looking up from a steaming pot of something.
"What... are you making?" I pointed, peeking over the counter.
"Everyone's favorite. Chicken, potatoes, rice, and carrots" she sang in a chipper tone, quickly draining the carrots then zooming her way over to stir the rice.
"Need any help?" I asked
"Nope, nope. I'm alright, Dear. You go do your home work" she said, waving a potato masher towards the hall way where all our bedrooms were.
"Alright" I shrugged and quickly scooped up my back back. In a dash, I was at the far end of the bright hall way and in the safe comfort of my room.
I pulled my binders out and pretended to busy my self with school work. I zoomed through my questions that I've done in the previous years. It was all so simple.
I casually braced my back against my poster filled wall. Since I wasn't around mortals anymore, I could practice my magic. It wasn't that hard, and you didn't need all these fancy spells like everyone thinks. Only in battle, really. But I don't think a battle would be breaking out anytime soon. I closed my eyes and thought of a clean room. With a flick of my wrist, and a tingling sensation pulling through my arm, and my fingers, my room was clean by the time my eyes were open. I smirked at my easy, lazy, cleaning job.
"Hunny. Oh, good, you cleaned your room!" mom exclaimed, peeking her head in the door way. "Suppers done"
"Sweet" I smiled and beat my sisters to the kitchen.

"Lily, you suck" Charlotte said sourly.
"Now, why would you say that, sis?" I asked sarcastically, wiping my face with a napkin.
"Because you always beat me to the table"
"It's not my fault I'm faster" I defended myself.
"Girls" mom snapped, causing our heads to turn "Enough. No more arguing over who's faster, or who beats who"
"Amen, mom" Faleen agreed from across the kitchen. Her hands were elbow deep in bubbles. Dishes clattered against the sink below her hands as she washed, rinsed, then put the dishes in the drying board.
"Why do you two always bicker, anyway?" Rose asked. She was the quietest out of all of us. Her dirty blond hair was jagged just underneath her jaw, making her face look slimmer than it already was. Her hazel eyes had just a touch more brown than the rest of ours and her eyelashes looked fuller from the mascara. Her red lips seemed to shimmer in the setting sun. Her lips stayed open, as if she wanted to add something else, but she quickly fell silent.
"Beats me" I answered with a small shrug of my shoulders. "Some sisters just bicker more than others"
"Sorry to say, Rose, but not everything can be perfect" Faleen added.
"Oh, I know" she said quietly with a small nod.
"Aw. I'm sorry Rose. It's not my fault Charlotte's so competitive".
Charlotte, who was now in her room, grumbled and mumbled profanities to herself, but were obviously aimed towards me.
"Shut up, Char!" I yelled in response, a smart ass grin crawling over my face.
"Now, you stop, Lily" mom warned, waving her index finger up and down.
"Oh, mom" I snickered "Always trying to keep the peace"