Designer Wars

Designer Wars

“Show starts in five minutes!”

Leighton’s heart dropped, her breathing got heavier with every huff, and her hands began to sweat. This was Leighton’s very first fashion show. Her mother was holding the event: The Eleanor Moore Young Designers Fashion Show. She let out a sigh and nervously walked up the stairs and peeked through the curtain to see her mother on the fashion runway welcoming everyone. Leighton looked out to the audience and her nerves got worse. The room was packed with people, from celebrities to the Press; everyone was here.

“Is that my dress?!”

Confused, Leighton turned around to see what the commotion was about. She looked over to Marissa Cook, another one of the young designers, who was angrily holding up one of Leighton’s designs.

“No, it’s mine. I designed it.” Leighton stated.

Marissa gave Leighton a death glare. “Then why do I have the same piece huh?”
Leighton looked over to where Marissa was pointing and saw another replica of Leighton’s dress.

“You stole my design!” Marissa accused her.

“No I didn’t! That dress is mine! You’re the one who stole my design!” Leighton yelled back.

And with that Marissa tore the sleeve off the black dress. Leighton gasped, and quickly grabbed a pair of near-by scissors and chopped the bow of Marissa’s replica. The scene quickly turned ugly as Marissa and Leighton tore piece by piece off of the two dresses.

“Girls, that’s enough. Leighton you’re on.” A crewmember yelled, as Leighton gave Marissa one last death glare.

Leighton grabbed her dress out of Marissa’s hands and gave it too one of the models to wear. She couldn’t feel any worse, this was her dream, and a snobby design stealer ruined it all.

---

The next morning Leighton awoke to her mother giddily walking into her room with a cup of tea.

“Good morning sweetheart.” Eleanor smiled.

“Morning, mom.” Leighton frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

“The fashion show, Marissa ruined my dress!” Leighton exclaimed.

“What? All your designs were brilliant, did you see the reviews?” Her mother asked.

“No…”

“Well I advise you check them out.” And with that her mother left her room.

Leighton rushed to her laptop, and quickly typed in the link to see what they said about her.

She read the article about her designs and about how creative and fresh they were. She stopped when she read what they wrote about the black dress.

“We’re still confused on why anyone as young as Leighton Moore would be daring enough to showcase such a wild design, but with that said, we’d like to give her kudos’s. We think Leighton is the next big thing for her daring, rock and roll creativity. So watch out mom, you’re daughter is going to be huge.”

Leighton smiled and read Marissa’s reviews, and found that everyone hated her too-simple designs.

Goes to show Marissa when you fight fire with fire, you only get burned… Or you get really bad reviews.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey new original fiction one-shot.
Hope you all like it :)