In Second Place to Get A Second Chance

TWO

Kasey was standing at the back of the building when Matt finally found her, a cup from Starbucks in her hand where she was talking to a few members of Every Avenue.

“Can you come tune Zack’s bass and help finish with sound check so we can move everything off stage? I sent asshole back to the van,” Matt asked.

Fine,” Kasey replied bidding the boys of Every Avenue goodbye and following Matt inside the venue. She made a quick job of tuning the bass, which was awkward compared to her small size. She was happy that bass wasn’t something she played often.

“That thing’s the size of you,” Zack’s voice called from across the venue, Kasey looked up and smiled at him shaking her head.

“I know. It’s no wonder I hardly play anymore,” she said before setting it down to help Matt take down everything so the other bands could do sound check. An hour later Mayday Parade and their crew were inside the venue. Kasey quickly made an excuse not to hang around them, she knew Alex would be inside any second and really, she didn’t want another fight between them.

No one besides Alex and Kasey knew why they hated each other so much, not even the other boys in All Time Low though she was sure if at least her brother knew Alex would already be dead and buried. Silently she contemplated that before deciding that her hatred for Alex wasn’t worth All Time Low’s immediate break up on the subject.

“KASEY! WAIT FOR ME!” Jack yelled loudly. Kasey turned to see him running down the road after her. She ignored the fact that she was now receiving glares from his fans and laughed when Jack nearly tripped over his own feet.

“What?”

“I’m hungry.”

“And I’m apparently the boss of your stomach?” Kasey asked.

“Matt told me you needed a distraction. So here I am!” he grinned.

Kasey rolled her eyes, “Matt’s a retard. There’s a McDonald’s down the road.”

Twenty minutes later Kasey sat at a table with Jack while he ate, she wasn’t really hungry so she’d only ordered a drink. Jack stared at her while he chewed before swallowing, “Why do you hate Alex?”

“He’s a dickhead, why do you like Alex?”

“He’s a dickhead,” Jack replied with a shrug.

“I’m glad we’re on the same page then,” Kasey replied sipping her diet Coke.

Matt called saying they needed to be back soon as the doors to the venue were about to open, Kasey grumbled an ‘okay’ before hanging up and telling Jack the same thing Matt had just told her. Jack and Kasey had been friends for a few years, since All Time Low had started really so the silence between them was never awkward or uncomfortable in the rare times there was silence at least.

Kasey talked very rarely, only when she was angry or was talked to directly and Jack made sure that there was never a quiet moment with her around; which wasn’t hard Jack was louder than a crowd of twenty people. As they approached the van Kasey could already hear Alex grumbling something incoherent as he glanced towards her looking up from his cell phone. The words weren’t incoherent to her brother apparently because Rian sent him a death glare before punching his shoulder.

“Rian don’t kill Gaskarth for me, I can kick his ass myself,” Kasey said while digging through her bag for a hoodie, her winter coat just wasn’t doing much justice anymore since it had gotten dark and the temperature had dropped.

“How do you even know I was talking about you Dawson?” Alex snapped.

“The only people Rian would hit you over are me and Kara, and I highly doubt you’d talk shit about Kara,” she snapped back as she pulled her coat back on over the hoodie.

“Alex just lay off dude,” Jack said.

Alex sent a glare towards him before grudgingly going back to his cell phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments pleaseeeee!