In Second Place to Get A Second Chance

NINE - Final Chapter

When Zack Merrick woke up earlier in the morning, he hadn’t planned on his best friend who’d been pissed beyond belief at him to kiss him. He didn’t plan that it’d lead further until they were lying naked beneath a blanket in the van. Thankfully the fans had gone inside a half hour before – Kasey glanced over at Zack smiling at him.

“Who told you?” Zack asked.

“Alex is more observant than you give him credit for,” Kasey replied. Zack laughed making a mental note to thank Alex for once in his life, also to apologize for being so hostile earlier in the day.

Kasey glanced at her phone realizing Zack needed to be on stage in twenty minutes and that she should be inside doing her job.

“SHIT! Get dressed!” Kasey yelled grabbing her clothes, pulling them on and straightening her hair in a matter of seconds. Zack wasn’t far behind before they both ran into the venue. Alex smirked at them while Kasey grabbed one of the guitars and started to check sound, she apologized to Matt who just laughed it off promising that it’d come back to bite her. All Time Low hit the stage just seconds before schedule.

“So…I take it you and Zack sorted out your problems?” Matt asked as they watched the boys jump around by the stage in case anything broke.

“Did you ever doubt that we would?”

“Well no, but I really didn’t expect you two sexing in the back of our tour van. I think your brother is scarred for life.”

Kasey laughed, “He’ll be alright. He needs to man up once in a while.”

“Manning up does not cover nearly walking in on your sister and your band’s bassist having sex Kasey,” Matt replied.

Kasey shrugged, “Do you know how many times I’ve walked in on him and Kara?”

The show ended, the boys came off stage sweaty and tired but smiling like maniacs none the less.

“So, does this mean you’re coming on AP Tour?” Alex asked casually in the van as they drove towards their last tour destination of the Man Whores and Open Sores Tour.

Kasey glanced over at Zack who was taking up most of the seat because he was lying down before smiling, “I don’t know…”

“You’re coming!” Zack yelled immediately sitting up straight, “No is not an option!”

“Alright, alright! I’m coming with you guys then; on one condition!”

“What?” Jack asked eagerly, “Wait! I have a condition too! No sex on the bus; that’s disgusting and there’s only like two windows to vent out the smell.”

Kasey rolled her eyes, “Of course Jack. Anyways, can we get a little less drama on AP Tour and just have fun?”

“AMEN TO THAT BROTHA!” Alex nodded while Kasey rolled her eyes. Some things would never change. The fact that Alex Gaskarth was and always would be the most annoying person Kasey Dawson had ever met; the fact that Jack Barakat was blissfully unaware of almost everything but mostly the fact that things had calmed down enough for All Time Low and Kasey to actually connect with each other.

Sometimes it took punching your best friend in the face to realize how much he truly did mean to you and sometimes it took forgiving your enemies to get everything together; this happened to be the case with Kasey Dawson.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment :]