You're Insane, but at Least I Admit It

Chapter 15

Once I got my things ready, I opened the door which was surprisingly open this time. No one is out there. With my bag on my shoulders, I step out, looking around. I walk down the stair case, standing on the last step.

"Hello?" I say quietly.

Still nothing. I start to get worried. 'Did they leave without me?'

I remember where the garage is so I make my way over there. I open the door, seeing the white van. My mind starts to scatter as my body trembles. I accidentally let out a scream. The Jokers head pops out from around the van, grinning evilly at me.

"Glitterbug! Ya found us! Come on now, haven't got all day!"

I shake my head, frozen in fear.

He rolls his eyes, "Sweetie, you survived it before, you're ok!"

When he said that, he didn't sound mad. He actually sounded...comforting. I take a deep breath, rushing towards the haunting van and jumping into the back. The driver starts it up and I'm about to sit down but I hear a whistle. I look towards the passenger seat where the Jokers sitting.

"Come here." he says, patting his lap.

I crawl over the seat, sitting on his lap. Strong arms wrap around my waist and I can feel myself blushing. He smells of cigarettes (which I've never seen him smoke one before. Reminds me, I need one!), gasoline, sweat and I can detect a hint of Old Spice.

I look out the window, thinking, 'I wonder how my sister's doing...'

-Commissioner Gordon POV-

For the past four days in the police station, it's been hell. All over the news, on every station, shows Blair Desiree. She's apparently been kidnapped by the Joker September 20th at Moonlight Seduction. I sigh, turning off the tv. We have not been able to find him. Her younger sister, Abbey, came to us once Blair didn't show up around 12 at night.

"It was her last night being a stripper. She promised me she'd be home before 12 and we'd go catch a late movie but she never showed up. So I went there and the guy Richard said he hasn't seen her for the past 3 hours!"

She's been staying here every night so far, just in case he wanted to go after her also. She's currently sitting on a chair, wiping away fresh tears. Her dirty blonde, elbow length hair hangs in front of her face. I sigh again, 'Poor kid, only 14 years old and Blair's the only family she has.'

-Normal POV-

We've been driving for at least three hours. I tried falling asleep but every time I got my eyes closed, Joker would poke me until I woke up. I stopped trying after the fifth time. I've been looking out the window for most of the time and I see we're pulling up to a warehouse.

'How original.'

Once we stop, I get pushed to the ground and I mumble, "Asshole."

He heard and grabs the back of my head, "What doll?"

"I-I, well uh-" is all I can stutter out.

He pushes me away, leaving me with Alicia as he and the guys walk away. We start to follow. Since I've never spoken with her, I decided to make small talk.

"How old are you?"

She raises her eyebrow, "Twenty-two, why?"

I shrug, "Never talked to you while I've been here. Might as well since I'm stuck."

She nods, "How about you?"

"Nine-teen. I'll be twenty next month."

She laughs, "Guess we have a party to throw huh?"

I giggle, "So what's your story? I mean, it's not everyday you come across someone who's willing to work for Mr. Pissy Pants up there."

She holds back her laughter as we reach the guys, "I'll tell you later."

The Jokers watching us and he shouts, "Glitterbug! We're going to a party!" he starts clapping his hands.

"Uh alright?"

"Alicia, dress her up nice will ya?"

Her face lights up as she drags me off to what I'm guessing is her room.

"Why are we going to a party?"

"To crash it of course!"

I roll my eyes, "Of course."

"You need to shower. Before you do, pick one out."

She opens a large closet and there's about 30 different styles of dresses in there.

My mouth drops, "Wow, these are so gorgeous!"

Five minutes later, I find the perfect one and a pair of shoes. She points to the bathroom and I walk in, undressing and taking a quick shower. I put on the dress. It's a dark red, skin tight dress that stops a little above my knees. The back is cut out, having two straps crossing, making two x's. It's perfect for showing off my curves. I also picked out a pair of glossy, black high heels that has three straps going up my ankles. I look at myself in the mirror. I notice my red hair is starting to fade. Soon my natural black hair will start to show up. The reflection of me, doesn't look like me. I look different somehow. I just can't point it out. I stare at the scars on my face, like I usually do every time I see a mirror. I put on my coverup, hiding the scars, some smoky eyeshadow to make my green eyes pop and clear lipgloss.

Walking out once I'm done, Alicias eyes widen and she whistles, "Damn. You're fucking gorgeous."

I scoff, eyeing her outfit. It's beautiful. Spaghetti strapped, red dress with a black lace design over top. Her shoes look almost identical to mine but with one strap and a thicker heel.

"Ha! You're the one who's going to blow everyone away."

She starts to laugh pretty hard as I sit down on her bed, "Tell me about yourself."

She calms down, smiling at me, "To make it quick since we've got to get down there, I'm a highschool dropout, I abused drugs most of my life but I'm sober now. I used to live with both my parents till they got divorced then I lived with my mom and my little sister. She got shot when I was 12, it was on her 6th birthday."

I start to think of how that could've happened to Abbey many times, "I'm sorry, I know how that is."

She nods, "It's ok. The past is past."

We smile at each other, "You know, I really wanted to slit your throat and laugh at your dying body cause Jokers paying more attention to you but now I can tolerate you!"

I nervously laugh at that statement, "Thanks? I guess."

She grabs my arm, "Let's go!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Blairs outfit
ImageImage Image

Alicias outfit
Image Image

And lastly, here's Abbey!
Image