You're Insane, but at Least I Admit It

Chapter 18

The door opens, showing at least a hundred or more guests starring at the elevator plus a butler. The Joker is hiding behind the guard, making him hold up his badge. The butler gives him a confused look but then the guard is pushed down, falling dead because of a stab wound in his back.

The Joker and his henchmen push forward, people gasping or letting out small screams, "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen!"

Alicia hands me a gun and my eyes bulge. Whispering harshly to her, "What are you giving me this for?!"

"Just take it and go!"

She pushes me out, walking towards the guys with such confidence and her gun pointed out.

"We're tonight's entertainment!"

He starts munching on a shrimp I think, looking around the room, "I've just got one question. Where. Is. Harvey. Dent?"

No one responds to him. He walks up to a few people, pointing his shotgun in their faces, "You know where Harvey is? Do you know who he is?"

He grabs one of the girls champagne glasses, spilling most of it on the floor and sipping whatevers left in the glass, "I need to talk to him about something. Just something, very little!"

A old man speaks up, "We're not intimidated by you thugs!"

The Joker stares at him, "You know..." he points his finger at him, "you remind me of my father." he then grabs the man, knife in hand and in front of the mans face, "I hated my father!"

"That's enough!"

I look towards the voice and see Rachel Dawes. My eyes start to tear up. We used to be such great friends in high-school and college. The Joker lets go of the man, slowly walking towards her.

"Why hello beautiful!"

He licks his lips, smoothing back one side of his hair. My heart hurts. Feels like someone is stabbing it and doesn't want to stop twisting.

"So you're Harveys new squeeze huh?"

I watch as he walks around her, checking her out. She looks so frightened.

"And you are beautiful."

He then grabs her, her eyes are shut tightly.

He whispers to her, "Look at me. Come on, look at me."

He has her face in his grasp, making her look in his direction.

She opens her eyes and he grins, "Is it the scars? Wanna know how I got them?"

I start to slowly back away. It really was something I wanted to know, but I think I'll be finding it out some other time. I look around for a quick escape as I slink into the crowd, putting the gun on a near by table, along with my mask. The last thing I heard before running into the 5th room was the Joker laughing and saying, "Got a little fight in you. I like that."

I lock the door, looking around to see where I'm at. It's a bedroom. A thought came to mind. 'What if he goes looking for me? Then it would be obvious if I was in this room.'

I then unlock the door and run into the closet, burying myself under all the clothes that are in there. I shut my eyes tightly, bringing my knees to my chest. 'Please don't find me. Please don't!!'

I hear footsteps and my eyes shoot open. I listen carefully as they come right to the room I'm in. 'He didn't even try the other ones!'

I hear the click of the door opening and his horrid laughter. He walks in, slowly, looking around.

Then one of his goons shouts, "Boss! We got to get out of here! Cops are coming!"

I look through the crack of the closet doors. The lights are off and it's dark outside but I swear I saw him looking in my direction.

"I'll be back for you Lovebug. I'm a man of my words."

I see him grinning at me, before walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
banners made by BethBACKSTABBER
:]

Image
Image
Image
Image