I'll Be There for You Through It All

Overdue

The last month of my pregnancy was agony. It was almost Christmas and I still hadn't given birth. Well, not almost Christmas, the second week of December.

I was indeed getting even bigger. The day had to come soon. Imagine if the baby was born on Christmas! That would suck. I always pityed those people whose birthdays were on Christmas. They'd get cheated out of presents.

The move had gone fine. I didn't do much work, but luckily, I had magic on my side and I didn't have to do much physical work. The house was worth it. It was the best house I could ever have dreamed of.

December the 13th, I were sweating despite the freezing winter, in the elegant living room of our new home. Fred had my head in his lap and was running his fingers through my hair as he read the Daily Prophet. Occasionally, he turned to kiss me on the forehead.

I felt the biggest kick yet and sat up straight.

"Do you think the baby will be here soon?" I asked Fred. He put the paper down and slipped his hands around miniture planet. I wouldn't have been surprised if random obects started orbiting me.

"He's bound to come soon, he's overdue." Fred laughed.

"It's not that funny, if you were me right now, you wouldn't laugh." I replied. I felt my backside get wet. Uh oh.

"As a matter of fact, I think the baby's going to be here sooner than you think." I said, clutching my stomach. I was getting cramps. Fred sat up straighter.

"What are you saying, Love?" He asked.

"I'm saying that I think my water just broke and I think this baby is coming!" I almost yelled. Fred was horrified.

"What do I do?" He asked. Good question.

"Um... I don't know! Get your mother, she'd know more about delivering babies than mine!" I decided.

"Are you going to be okay?" Fred asked. My cramps were bigger and the baby was really kicking now.

"I should be, just hurry up!" I whined. He kissed me one last time before he apparated.

Fred's POV

Oh my gosh. I had no idea what I was supposed to do! This was kind of a first for me. I guess it was a first for Renée too.

I got to my parents house, my mother took one look at me and rushed out of the living room to meet me. My face must have looked hysteric and pale.

"Are you alright?" She shook me.

"I think the baby's coming!" I stuttered.

She didn't ask anymore questions, she took my hand, squeezed it and we both apparated back home. Renée was screaming and I regretted leaving her alone. My mother and I rushed to the living room.

"We have to move her, where's the closest bedroom?" Mum asked. She took Renée's feet and I took her shoulders. Together, we moved her to one of the guest rooms. Mum took one look at her, my wife's face was covered with sweat and turning paler by the second.

"This baby is coming, I'd say a few more hours and it should be here." Mum announced. Renée was whimpering, eyes closed and calling my name over and over again. I stood beside her and massaged her shoulders. She opened her eyes to stare at me.

"What's going to happen?" She asked, still whimpering.

"It's going to be alright. The baby's coming." I answered. I had never been so scared in my life, other than when Renée disappeared off what seemed to be the face of the planet.

"Good Lord, it's coming and it's coming now!" My mother said from the other end of the bed. She had Renée's pants off. I didn't want to go back there. Renée needed me here and I didn't know how gory it was going to get, "You have to push!"

"Did you hear that, Love, you need to start pushing so we can meet our baby!" I yelled at her to be heard, she had started screaming again. I didn't know what kind of pain she was going through, but I sure didn't want to find out. I was glad guys couldn't give birth.

She must have started pushing, because my mother was smiling and encouraging her from her end of the bed.

Tears were running down Renée's face five hours later. The baby still wasn't here. How long did it take for a baby to be born?

"It's almost here! Just give it a few more pushes!" Mum shouted, I dared myself to look. Hey! I could see it's head! I made myself turn back to Renée. She was shaking. I kept massaging her shoulders.

"Did you hear that? Are you ready to meet your baby?" I whispered in her ear. She nodded her head and gave it all into bringing our baby into this world.

New screams filled the room. They weren't coming from Renée, she had collapsed onto the bed, exhausted. They weren't coming from me or my mother. They were coming from my brand new son, who was wiggling around in his grandmother's arms. Tears were running down Mum's face. I walked over to her to gaze into the eyes of my son.

He was beautiful. He quieted down after I took him in my arms. My son, tears ran down my face as I walked back to Renée, she was sitting up again. I sat down on the bed next to her and held the tiny boy next to her. She smiled at him and took him in her arms.

"I believe you owe me ten galloens." I smiled.

"It's a boy?" She asked, incredulously.

"Yep, every last bit of him." I replied.

Renée's POV

I held my brand new son in my arms. He was beautiful! I couldn't believe it. I had seen fewer sights more amazing than this one, other than Fred. Mrs Weasley had disappeared out into the hall.

"Hunter." Fred said suddenly, "Hunter Weasley. What do you think?"

"It's perfect." I replied, not taking my eyes off of Hunter.

"Should we introduce him to his family?" Fred asked. I nodded. Mrs Weasley had already apparated to get all of her family and mine.