I'll Be There for You Through It All

But why?

I decided that I needed to get out of the house. I had been inside for almost two months, plus I wanted to meet our new neighbors. I was sure they all knew that I were very pregnant and I kind of wanted to show off Hunter.

"Do you want to go out for a walk?" I asked Fred about a week after Hunter was born.

"In the snow?" He asked.

"Why not? We can dress warm." I replied.

"Uh, okay." He decided. I pulled on a warm black blazer-type jacket, warm pants, thick grey mittens and a brown scarf. Fred dressed warm as well, and he dressed Hunter in a thick wool outfit from his mother and wrapped him in a blanket for extra warmth. Then we put him in a sled from my mother.

Fred took my hand as I pushed Hunter ahead of us. We walked around the block and had a few neighbors come up to us and meet Hunter. It was awesome, even if it was cold. But we went back home early so Hunter would stay warm.

"I'm cold." I said as we walked into the house and Fred started making a fire. I picked Hunter up and held him close to me.

As soon as the fire was lit and going, Fred turned to me and Hunter and hugged us. Not tight, he wouldn't want to squish his son, but it warmed us all up until the heat from the fire spread to all the corners of the room.

Fred took a seat on the couch and gestured for me to sit on his lap. I did. It only took a few minutes before Hunter fell asleep. I put him in his crib and Fred joined me as I watched him slumber, peacefully.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"I still can't believe it." He whispered.

"Believe what?" I asked, whispering back.

"That I'm married to the love of my life and we're standing here watching our first-born son sleep away." I turned to look him in the eyes. His eyes were moist.

He picked Hunter back up out of his crib, careful, as not to wake him and rocked him gently in his arms. He kissed him on his forehead. The sight was beautiful. Father and Son. I felt my eyes well up with tears as well. After all that we had been through, I was settled down with the man of my dreams and had the most beautiful symbol of our true love to him sleeping in his arms.

We stood there for who knows how long until Hunter woke up. He didn't cry, he just stared contentedly into his parents' faces.

Fred brought him into the kitchen for supper. I was still a little sore from the labour, so I had soup for supper. Fred fed Hunter some baby food from his high chair.

After supper, Fred put Hunter down for bed and Fred and I stayed up a few hours later, sitting in each others arms, reminising.

"Don't we have plans for tonight?" Fred grinned, suddenly remembering.

"We certainly do." I beamed back up at him. I turned around to face him and kissed him delicately on the lips. He gratefully returned it with more passion than I had anticipated.

He kept kissing me as he undid your sweater from the front and threw it aside. I unbuttoned his shirt and threw that on top of mine. As soon as we were both down to our underwear, he picked me up and headed towards our room.

He fell back onto the bed, holding me on top of him. He let me collapse onto his body and rolled me over so he was on top of me now. He kissed me again. Hunger, the kiss he reserved for when we made love to each other. We both wanted more of each other, it had been over four months since we could do this.

All of a sudden, a loud wailing came from down the hall. Fred groaned, but got up and pulled a bathrobe on before heading down the hall to calm Hunter down. The crying stopped after a few minutes and Fred reappeared in the bedroom. He ripped the bathrobe off and jumped back on top of me.

"Where were we?" He moaned as he caressed my neck in his hands and kissed it.

"This seems about right." I sighed as he took my bra off and moaned into your exposed upper chest. Hunter started crying again.

"I'll get him, he's probably hungry." I said before Fred could get up.

"Bring him in here for the night." Fred suggested. I pulled a dressing gown on and walked to Hunter's room. I picked him up out of his crib and brought him back to our room.

I sat up on the bed beside Fred and took the gown off. Hunter started feeding. Fred ran his fingers through my hair until Hunter fell asleep again. I summoned the crib from Hunter's room and put Hunter back in.

Fred and I soon realized we wouldn't get too far with a baby as young as Hunter, so we gave up and decided you would try again when Hunter started sleeping through the night.

"I thought we wanted more kids." Fred said a couple weeks later as we were preparing the house for Christmas. Our house was now the biggest, so Christmas was going to be held there.

"We do, just now isn't the time." I replied, tears falling down your cheeks. I did want more kids, so badly.

Fred, who was holding Hunter, put him down on the floor, he was learning how to sit up and crawl. Fred wrapped his arms around me and I sobbed my heart out onto his shoulder. After a while, they slowed down and stopped.

"You know, my parents would be glad to look after him for a week. We could do that sometime in the new year." He suggested.

"That would be amazing!" I answered. So there was still a chance of having more kids.