I'll Be There for You Through It All

Christmas

I bent down and picked Hunter up off the floor. Fred wrapped us both in his arms. The tears were flowing down my face again.

"It's going to be alright." Fred consoled me.

"We have one little guy. I should be more grateful." I said as Fred wiped my last tears away.

"There will be more. I promise." Fred whispered.

We broke apart and I finished up the decorations and most of the cooking, never letting go of my son. The Christmas party was the next day.

Hunter slept soundly that night, only waking twice. Fred and I were too tired to do anything. We both woke up at the customary 6:00am, with some help from Hunter.

"Oh, just wait until he's a teenager. I'll be waking him up at 6:00 because he did it to me first." Fred grumbled as he got up and dressed. I laughed.

I walked to Hunter's room and brought him to the kitchen for breakfast. Once Fred was done his shower, he took over so I could get cleaned up.

I returned to screams of joy. Fred was swinging Hunter as high as he could go, then throwing him up in the air and catching him. They were both in smiles as I watched.

"Look! There's Mommy!" Fred zoomed Hunter around the room and placed him in my arms. I gave him back to Fred.

"Sorry! I've got to get ready! People are going to be here in a couple hours!" I said. Fred didn't seem disturbed. He just kept playing with his son in the living room. I smiled before heading back to my room, changing into a formal dark red dress and doing my hair. I was done ten minutes before people were expected to arrive.

Harry, Ginny and Teddy arrived five minutes before 1:00. We exchanged Christmas greetings before Ron and Hermione came. They were getting all caught up when George and Rain arrived with Gwen. Gwen took Hunter and started cuddling and talking to him. Then Percy and his eight-month-pregnant wife, Peneloppe arrived and made themselves comfortable on one of the sofas. Bill, Fleur, Charlie and his girlfriend, Frances arrived next.

The Living room was almost packed. there was no need to light the fire, everyone was keeping the room warm with their bodyheat. Lastly, both sets of parents arrived and took turns greeting Hunter. With all these people here, I began to wonder why my parents decided to only have one child. All the laughter and warmth was so comfortable. A lot different than your usual Christmas with my family, just me, my parents and their parents.

We did presents first. Mr and Mrs Weasley offered to take Hunter off our hands for a week during February. My parents offered to take him for either the week before or after. Wow, two weeks without having to get up in the middle of the night. Not that you didn't love Hunter to death and all, but I wanted him to have siblings too!

Charlie whispered something into Frances's ear and she went bright red.

"Are you serious?" She whispered. Everyone heard, the room was so silent. Charlie just winked.

"Of course I'll marry you, you fool!" She screamed and jumped on top of him. Mrs Weasley was already dabbing at her eyes. Now all of her children were going to be married.

I decided now was probably a good time for supper. Ginny and I put Hunter and Teddy to bed as the rest of the women got supper ready. All went well, then people started toasting.

"We have an announcement." Harry and Ginny stood up.

"I'm going to have a baby!" Ginny said. Mrs Weasley teared up again and everyone got up to shake their hands and congratulate them. When everyone was seated, they all clinked glasses.

Our families talked well into the night and it was around 1:00am when the last group (Harry, Ginny and Teddy) left.

Fred squeezed my side. I yelped as I jumped in the air.

"That is no way to treat the mother of your child and future children!" I said, quietly, as I didn't want Hunter to wake up.

I chased him to our room and finally had the chance to make the love to him I had wanted to for the longest time.

New Years came and went. No big parties. We had a big party for Christmas. Hunter was three months old and crawling by the time February rolled around and Mr and Mrs Weasley picked him up for his visit to the Burrow.