I'll Be There for You Through It All

Never Would Have Guessed

The next month, on October 31st Fleur had a beautiful baby girl she and Bill named Victoire. I was due next. In early November. So Fred stopped going to work, to be around home for when I gave birth.

Surprisingly, three weeks after my due date (November 2), I was still pregnant. But I was huge! It wasn't hard at all to believe that there were three of them in there this time.

"What do we do?" Fred asked, concerned.

"Wait, maybe give it another day before we go to the hospital." I suggested.

"Will they induce?" He asked.

"Probably." I answered.
Hunter was learning to stand up and walk, but being only eleven months old, he was still learning.

I spent most of my time lying around on sofas. Fred got up to help Hunter walk towards me. Once he got to me, I held his hand and smiled at him. There wasn't any room on my lap for him anymore.

We ordered take out for supper, then, exhausted, we went to bed.

I woke up at around 1am due to pains in my stomach. I tried to go back to sleep, but half an hour later, they came back again and left just as quickly. Uh oh, was it time?

"Fred, hey, Fred!" I shook Fred awake.

"Wha...?" He asked groggily as he rolled over to face me. He must have seen the look of worry on my face, "What's wrong?"

"I think the babies are coming." I said. He was wide awake now.

"Are you sure?" He asked, placing his hands on my belly, sure enough, another kick came, not as big as the other two, but pretty powerful.

"Oh my gosh! What do we do?" He asked, excited.

"First, we should take Hunter to either my or your parents' house." I replied.

"Will you be okay while I'm gone?" Fred asked, sitting up, he was only wearing boxers.

"I should be, they're only coming every half hour, so it'll be a while before they start coming sooner." I answered.

He got out of bed, threw a t-shirt on and went to get Hunter. You heard the crack in the hall as he disapparated and another a couple minutes later when he apparated back home.

"Your mother hopes you're okay." He announced as he walked back in.

"I'm fine! I've had a baby before!" I said.

"But have you had three at once?" He grinned.

"Not many people can say they have." I replied. I tried to sit up, but it was too painful. So I lay back down, my mountain of a belly protruding from under my night shirt. Fred got back in bed and took both of my hands.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" He asked.

"You're just worrying now! The contractions aren't even coming every fifteen minutes yet!" I said. I was breaking out in a sweat. Fred magically turned the lights on. I doubled over in pain again. That was another one.

"If you ask me, that was fifteen minutes." He said. They were kicking again, all the time. They wanted out and didn't care how much pain I went through, "Do you want to go to the hospital?"

There was sweat all over my face. Fred put a reassuring hand to my belly to feel all the kicking. I nodded. He picked me up bridal style and apparated with me to St Mungo's.

I was immediately given a room and hooked up to all sorts of machines.

"You're at fifteen minutes now, so it's good that you're here." The midwife informed me. Ferd stood behind me and started massaging my shoulders, "I should say it should all begin in three hours, tops."

"Three hours? Then why did we have to be here so early?" I demanded.

"We need to keep an eye on you until the actual labour starts." The midwife replied.

"You mean I'm not in labour right now?" I asked.

"No, you're just having contractions. You've had a baby before, Renée, you should know what to expect!" With that, she left the room.

"You never know, it could come faster." Fred assured me.

But it wasn't until four hours later when the midwife finally declared that I was in labour. I observed that having triplets was slow and demanding work. I made a mental note never to have triplets again.

But once I was about six hours into labour, things started moving faster. It was painful! Fred sat next to me on the bed as I gripped both of his hands. It was worth it. Two hours later, our second child was born. A beautiful baby boy.

"Look at him, isn't he beautiful?" Fred asked as he held the tiny baby up to me.

"Now really isn't the time, Fred! There's still two more in there!" I screamed, but couldn't help but feel some sense of motherly pride as I looked at my new son.

A couple minutes later, the second triplet, a little girl, was born. Fred had his hands full with babies, but there was still one more. Finally, our fourth baby, a son was born.

Now that was over with, I flopped back on the bed. Fred handed me my one and only daughter as he held his sons next to me. It was a beautiful moment. All of a sudden, our children had tripled. We had four wonderful kids. One thing was for sure, I wasn't getting pregnant again for a while!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?