I'll Be There for You Through It All

Four is More than one

The triplets' hair was sort of a mix inbetween mine and Fred's. It was a nice red colour. Not orange, but red. Like Emily from The Devil Wears Prada, except it was real, not fake.

We knew they weren't identical, because if they were, they would have been all boys or all girls. But from this point in their life, they all looked alike! They all had Fred's blue blue eyes and I could easily see the resemblance between them and Hunter.

We named the girl Lainey Nadine and the boys Zachary Caleb and Bradley Matthew, but just to be different, Bradley was going to be called Matthew, or Matt for short, like Zachary would become Zack. Fred and I decided we wouldn't recieve visitors until the next day.

Because I was in the hospital, we had to stay over night, which was totally fine with me, I didn't have to get up if the babies fussed. I was still really sore.

Our first visitors on November 25th were my parents and brand new big brother, Hunter. Next came Fred's parents, then the rest of the Weasley's and the Potters.

We sort of hand a mini party right there in the tiny hospital room where Matt, Zack and Lainey were passed around. Fred conjured up some chocolate cigars and gave three to everyone, one for each baby. It was good getting caught up with everyone again! There were already eight Weasley cousins, nine if you included Teddy. And two more on the way. If I knew Fred as well as I did, I knew he was already planning more kids.

Later on that day, once everyone had gone home, and I had a change of clean clothes, myself, Fred, Hunter, Lainey, Zack and Matt headed home. The aunts and grandmothers had this thing that when new babies were born, they would take turns helping out while the new mother (or in your case, just had more kids!) recupperated from delivering them.

It was two weeks later on Hunter's first birthday when things sort of got back to normal. The triplets were sleeping longer at nights, but when they woke up, both Fred and I had to get up to put them back to sleep. Once one was awake, the other three would wake up.

"Ready for another one?" Fred smiled one day after the Weasley Christmas party. I laughed.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I replied.

"Actually, I'm not." He beamed back at me.

"To be honest, Fred, I think four's enough for now. We should probably wait until the triplets are at least a year old before we have anymore. Babies are a lot of work!" I explained. He looked crestfallen, but agreed.

So we were careful when we made love to each other. Unlike Hunter, the triplets were only four months old when they started sleeping longer at night. So Fred and I could 'celebrate' in peace on his 24th birthday and my 22nd.

I still found it hard to believe that it was only two years ago that I was living depressed in Iceland with Draco Malfoy. And now I was married for almost two years to the man I loved more than anything and had four children with him already.

In April of the next year, Hunter was two and the triplets were one, five more Weasley's and Potters had been welcomed into the world and I got pregnant again on the third aniversary of our wedding.

"I'm kind of surprised it took so long." George teased. He and Rain had a son and a daughter, Brandon and Eleana. They claimed this was all they wanted. I slapped him.

"Watch it!" I warned, pointing my finger at him.

"You know, I wish that we were as in love as Fred and Renée are." Rain commented.

"We are!" George said, aghast his wife would say that.

"Then how come we only have two kids and they have four and another on the way?" Rain whined.

"You want more kids? Why didn'y you say so?" George said and took her arm and led her away. We all laughed.

Sure enough, Rain got pregnant with a third child. Due around the same time as my fifth, in January of the next year.

"You know, January seems so far away." I commented to Fred.

"Last year, you were satisfied with four kids." He accused, smiling.

"Yeah, but now they're growing up! They'll be three and two by the time this guy's born!" I protested.

"Well, he's coming, he'll be here soon enough." Fred said, placing a hand to my belly and kissing me. I clung to him as I opened my mouth and let him in.

"He again. In case you haven't noticed, we have three boys and one girl." I said.

"Care to bet on that one?" He grinned.

"15 galleons." I smiled back. I extended my hand and he shook it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is going fast, but I want this story to be about the kids, not the parents.
Comments?