I'll Be There for You Through It All

Home

Once Hunter got home for Christmas break, I knew there was something different about him. He wore a tuque on his beautiful red hair. But when he took if off when he got inside, I observed it was red no more, but a chocolatey brown.

"What happened to your hair?" Kaylie asked when she saw.

"I looked like a little kid with bright orange hair! So I coloured it." He explained. Fred and I understood that he was his own person, but we couldn't help but feel a little supicious.

"Is everything alright?" Fred asked.

"I'm fine, Dad. When's everyone getting here?" Hunter changed the subject.

"Slow down! Not for another couple of hours. So what's going on?" Fred smiled as he ruffled Hunter's hair.

"Nothing!" Hunter replied a little too quickly.

"Come over here for a minute, son." Fred gestured towards our room. Hunter's shoulders slumped and he slouched over to follow his father. Fred shut the door behind him, still smiling.

I smiled. I could always tell when any of our kids were lying. I turned back to the kitchen with Kaylie and Adam who both wanted to help with supper, the other three were waiting for Hunter to be done so they could play, it had been a while since they last saw their oldest sibling, and they had so many questions!

The turkey had been cooking since early that morning. Adam stuck his fists into the yorkshire pudding dough and he mashed it. Kaylie was ready to start her cooking career again that only lasted until Christmas dinner was over, then she continued her ambition on becoming a Healer. I gave her the task of slicing and baking the potatoes as well as mashing them for mased and baked potatoes.

I walked over to Adam, but he insisted he didn't need any help. I heard laughter from my and Fred's room. I smiled, even after eleven years, Fred still had it. The doorbell rang and seconds later I heard footsteps in the hall. Rain ran into the kitchen bearing a huge box of wizards Christmas crackers.

"Hey! You're early!" I commented.

"I thought you could use some help." She replied. Adam and Kaylie looked up, "But I see you've got all the help you'll ever need." I laughed.

"That's right! You could help me set the table." I heard another door open and Fred reappeared in the kitchen. I smiled as he grabbed me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder. George snuck up from behind him and squeezed his kidneys. Fred jumped and turned. He smiled at the sight of his twin and wrapped him in a hug.

"Watch it, George, I've got plates here!" I teased. George waved it away with his hand and disappeared with Fred to catch up.

I had to admit, the table looked beautiful. It had enough space for at least fifty people, and I knew that was about the number to expect. I hadn't asked how the talk went with Fred and Hunter, but I knew that I would find out that night. The last to arrive was Gwen and a man I had never met that she claimed to be her boyfriend. I was happy for her!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?