I'll Be There for You Through It All

Last One

Hunter's POV

Kate wasn't in any of classes this term. But we figured that the Gryffindors and Slytherins had double Potions together next term. The other problem was facing the music with my 'friends' in Slytherin.

I still got dirty looks from Scorpius and his posse. But what surprised me the most was Riali.

"You know, I think your Dad's really funny." She said me one day in Transfiguration. We were done for the day and I was packing up all my books and stuff. I looked up at her.

"Really?" I asked.

"Why don't you eat lunch with us anymore?" She changed the subject.

"I have no friends in Slytherin anymore." I explained. She knew this. We walked outside the classroom together.

"You have me." She said.

"Yeah, but you're Scorpius's girlfriend." I replied.

"What difference does that make?" She asked.

"Scorpius hates my guts. You know that." I stated.

"I broke up with Scorpius this morning." She said, souding like that was the main reason she was talking to me. I stopped walking and looked at her. She walked a few feet ahead before she realized I had stopped. She turned and walked back to me.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"I thought you might like to know." She smirked a smirk worthy of Scorpius. She kept coming closer, she wasn't stopping. Soon her mouth was an inch away from mine.

"Why would I want to know?" I asked. She was still smiling as she acted as if she hadn't heard me and closed the gap.

It only took a few seconds for me to realize that I had moved on from that bad boy stage. I pulled away, she looked confused.

"You know you want me." She recovered quickly.

"Actually, I don't." I replied. She wasn't giving up.

"What happened to your beautiful brown hair? I can bring back to the circle of cool Slytherins." She persisted.

"To be honest, I don't want that again. I'm happy where I am now." I just wanted to get out of there.

"But you're a Slytherin!" She said.

"I have to go." I said and turned in the oppisite direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, what is with these short chapters?
Comments?