I'll Be There for You Through It All

Three Years Later

3 years later...

Hunter's POV

Okay, so it's been three years since I blew off the Slytherin crowd, but it's still not easy. For one thing, I still have to live with them during the school year, and that's no fun at all. But I still hang around with Brandon, Frank and Kate, and sometimes other Gryffindors too. But no, I still haven't gotten the nerve to ask Kate out. It's a wonder both my parents are so outgoing and I didn't inherit that from them. I guess I take after my uncle, Ron.

I let my hair grow out again, it's back to being red. My sister and brothers, Lainey, Matt and Zack. They all got into Gryffindor. Kaylie was in Ravenclaw. She inherited our mothers brains. Just to give you the update.

Kate's POV

It was like any other day. I had come back to school from Christmas holidays a week earlier. It was the end of another long day, and Brandon, Frank and I were walking back to the dorm from our last class, Muggle Studies. Hunter was in that class too, but the Slytherin common room was in the complete opposite direction from the classroom then the Gryffindor common room. So we went our separate ways until supper. That was when they ambushed me.

"C'mon, Kate! You might as well admit it! We all know you like Hunter!" Brandon teased as we made our way down the Transfiguration hallway.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I held my nose high, but still couldn't believe they figured it out.

"You wanna know the crazy thing?" Frank asked. I almost stopped walking to look at him, I was that curious. But I kept my poker face and kept walking.

"We know you want to know!" Frank laughed. I almost caved, but I kept my cool. I subconsciously quickened my pace.

"Because if you're not interested, we won't tell you." Brandon said. That did it. How did they always know?! And why did they always seem to know everything that was going on?

"Okay, fine! I'll admit it! How did you figure it out?" I admitted. It felt kind of good to get it out. I stopped, arms crossed as Frank and Brandon laughed their heads off. Finally, they stopped, both had tears in their eyes.

"So?" I demanded. They looked at each other.

"So what?" Brandon asked.

"What was that crazy thing you were going to tell me?" I made quotation marks with my fingers when I said crazy thing. To my annoyance, they started laughing again. I started walking again. This was so typical! I knew they wouldn't lie, but they needed to learn to control themselves sometimes. I knew they were up to something. Guys are so immature.

Later on, they met up with me in the common room after supper. I was sitting alone doing my homework at a comfortable chair at table in front of the fire.

"You still wanna know what we were talking about?" Frank asked. I sat up straight.

"Not here!" I replied and led them outside to the hall and into an empty classroom.

"Okay, so what is it?" I asked, hoping they were going to tell me what I had longed to hear for the past four years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?