I'll Be There for You Through It All

Alternate Chapter 17

As me, Fred and our family bade goodbye to Rain, George and their family, a flash of lightning streaked accross the sky followed by a loud clap of thunder. Kaylie clung to my leg and I wrapped my arms around her. The poor girl was terrified of thunder.

"Okay, everyone! It's late, bedtime!" I called once the door was shut. There were groans, but the children obeyed.

"We should go to bed too." Fred said, slipping his hands around my waist.

I had finally drifted off to sleep when the raging thunderstorm woke me up again. The bedroom door opened and Kaylie stepped inside.

"Mummy, I'm scared!" She whimpered. I rolled over in bed to face her.

"You can sleep with me and Daddy if it'll make you feel better." I replied. She smiled and jumped between me and Fred.

"Who invited you!" Fred teased, now awake. Kaylie giggled. He wrapped an arm around her tiny body.

A few minues later, the door creaked open again and this time, Adam, our youngest, stepped inside.

"C'mon, Adam! You can sleep with us!" Kaylie cried when she spotted him. Adam grinned and jumped in beside Kaylie.

"Looks like we have a slumber party on our hands." Fred laughed.

It didn't take much longer until the triplets decided to join us. Hunter must have heard the noise because he came a while after the triplets. It was a good thing Fred and I had a big king sized bed so everyone could fit.

Around 1:30 am, the storm calmed down and we all fell asleep.

I got up early the next morning to make breakfast. Everyone was still asleep, looking so calm and peaceful. I smiled, then slipped a robe on and headed for the kitchen.

People began to wake up and walk into the kitchen for breakfast when they smelled the pancakes I was preparing. Then Fred left for work and I dropped all the kids off at their Muggle school. Fred and I both thought it was a good idea that they learn about Muggles until they go to Hogwarts.

It was June, so Hunter's grade five year was almost done then it would be off to Hogwarts for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what happened to this one, but I found it and thought you guys might enjoy reading it.