I'll Be There for You Through It All

Ten Galleons, Please!

"Renée, can I talk to you for a second?" Gwen asked me once things had settled down after Fred and I got back.

"Sure." I answered.

"Not here, let's go inside." She led me into the Burrow to the kitchen. It was deserted.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine! How was your honeymoon?" She asked. Somehow, I knew this wasn't the point of this talk.

"Amazing! Best time of my life!" I ansered, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, let me explain first that when you were in Iceland, I decided to take some courses, you know, stuff that sometimes comes in handy like householdy spells and the ability to know if people are telling the truth or not." She explained. I opened my eyes a little wider, creepy. She went on.

"One of the things I obtained was the ability to tell if women are pregnant. I don't know why, I don't stand a chance with guys, but it seemed like a good idea at the time."

"Oh my gosh! That is so cool! Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"You're pregnant!" She suddenly yelled. I screamed back and jumped up to hug her. We screamed and laughed and cried for a bit until Mrs Weasley came in and asked what all the commotion was about.

Gwen was about to start when I covered her mouth.

"Oh, nothing, just getting caught up." I quickly explained. Mrs Weasley shrugged and walked back outside.

"Why didn't you tell her? She's going to be the grandmother, she'd want to know!" Gwen said.

"I want Fred to know first." I replied.

"Oh!" Gwen said, understandingly.

"Wait, can you tell if there's going to be more than one?" I asked before heading back outside.

"Nope, just one in there." Gwen smiled. I grinned and walked back outside.

A few hours later, Fred and I decided it was time to go back to the flat above his store. We bade goodnight to everyone, I even saw George kiss Rain goodnight.

"Are you sure you guys are fine still having me around here?" George asked as we all apparated back to the flat.

"It's no problem here, if we have kids, we'll spare you and get a different place." I assured him. He smiled.

"Why? Do you want us to leave so you can bring Rain back here?" Fred laughed. George punched him lightly on the arm before heading to his room for the night.

Fred and I headed to my, now Fred's as well, room.

"I believe you owe me ten galleons." I decided it was now or never. Fred stopped in his tracks.

"What are you trying to say, Renée?" He replied after a minute's hesitation, not daring to believe what he just heard.

"I am trying to tell you that I'm pregnant." I told him. A look of shock came over his face, then he grinned and ran towards me. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Is it that so hard to believe?" I replied.

"So one little guy, just what Renée wanted." Fred bent down, pulled my shirt up and kissed my belly, "I'm going to be a father!" I smiled.

"You're going to have to be gentle with me from now on." I warned, waving my finger at him.

"Huh?" He grinned.

"I know you don't know anything about kids, but once I start getting big, I won't have a lot of energy." I explained. He stood back up again.

"But you could only be a week pregnant at the most, you still have lots of energy and I know it." He said.

On that note, he pulled the rest of my shirt up and over my head.

"What was all the commotion last night?" George asked the next day during breakfast, Fred and I beamed at each other.

"On second thought, I don't want to know." George said, turning back to his cereal.

"Oh, but you do want to know, George." Fred corrected. George raised an eyebrow. Fred continued, "You see, you are going to become an uncle for the first time."

"Are you kidding me?" George looked from Fred to me.

"No way, I'm totally serious. We should open the store now." Fred replied. I laughed at the look of utter shock on George's face before I followed Fred dow the stairs to the store.