I'll Be There for You Through It All

Spread the Word

Later on that day, many family members came to visit the shop. Gwen had told them that Fred and I had something important to tell them. By the end of the day, I was positive that all of our families and friends knew I was expecting.

Five months later found myself, Gwen, Rain and Ginny helping Hermione get ready for her wedding day. Five months earlier, no one would be able to believe that I was pregnant. At five months, and four to go until December when the baby was due, I was getting big enough for people not to question my pregnancy, but not big enough to not be able to fit through doors. I couldn't believe there was just one little guy in there. I could feel it squirming. I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, and Fred and I wanted to find that out when it was born.

"Feeling okay?" I asked Hermione, she was very pale.

"Yeah." She squeaked.

"Are you firm on that?" I replied, Gwen, Rain and Ginny were all smiling at her. She was a beautiful sight.

"Oh, c'mon! Ron won't be able to resist you! He'd be insane not to marry you!" Rain reasoned. Some colour returned to Hermione's cheeks.

"Really?"" She asked, her voice returning to normal.

"Positive." Ginny answered. Hermione sighed, picked up her bouquet and took one last glance in the mirror, "We should get going."

I walked out into the Weasley's backyard, under the tent similar to the one at Bill and Fleur's wedding. I found Fred and sat next to him. I had managed to convince Ron and Hermione that at five months pregnant, I couldn't possibly be in the wedding. All that standing!

Everything went according to plan. Like at our wedding, the reception was where it all happened.

Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny all sat together at the front of the room. Fred, George, Rain and Gwen at at our table. The desert was served, ice cream in dainty champagne glasses.
Rain took her spoon and dipped it into the ice cream, it hit something hard in the middle of the desert. She stuck her fingers into it and pulled a hollow plastic ball out of it. She raised her eyebrows as everyone except George laughed. She shook it, something rattled inside it.

"Do any of you guys have prizes in your desert?" She asked the table, we all checked. Nope.
She opened the plastic ball and a beautiful diamond ring with a small piece of parchement fell out. She gasped as she read the note, then she hugged George, tears in her eyes, I noticed his eyes were surprisingly moist.

"Of course!" She whispered so only our table to hear. She and George broke apart and George slipped the ring onto her left ring finger.

"Aww! That's so cute!!" Gwen sighed from the other end of the table.

"Do you want to dance, fiancé?" George asked Gwen, she took his hand and the two stepped out onto the floor and started slow dancing.

"How about you?" Fred turned to me.

"Sure." I replied. He led me out to the floor where many other couples were dancing.

"I can feel it." Fred commented as he rested one of his hands on my growing belly.

"So can I." I pointed out.

"Well, I knew that. I do know some stuff about babies!" He replied, looking hurt.

"Aww, sorry!" I kissed him. It was harder for us to get much closer, the baby was taking up too much space.

"Four more months." I whispered.

"I can hardly wait." Fred whispered back as I rested my head on his chest. I was getting tired.

After another hour Fred noticed you didn't have much energy left.

"You want to go home?" He asked. I yawned and nodded. We bade goodnight to our families and the bride and groom. Once we were outside, Fred picked me up and apparated with me back home.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I replied. I undressed and went to bed, Fred crawled under the covers next to me and took me in his arms. He slipped both of his hands around me so he could feel the baby kicking again.

"It's amazing." He whispered.

"I can't wait to meet him. Or her." I replied. Fred locked me into a tight, yet gentle and comforting embrace as we fell asleep.