Sequel: Best Man
Status: Completed

Better Man

Image

Caroline Woods is your typical female looking to make is big as the lead singer in her rock band, The Sinners. They relocate from Buffalo, New York to San Francisco to pursue their dream of making it big when they meet Rob Cavallo after a Battle of the Bands contest in which they take second place. When Rob gets them a record deal with Reprise Records, they find themselves thrust into the lives of rock stars in the making.

And when Caroline first meets Mike Dirnt in the studio, he falls in love right then and there, though he's not aware that's what it is. When they meet again at a restaurant at San Francisco's Pier 39, it becomes a little clearer to the bassist. And when he watches Tre mingling and dancing with Caroline at the record label's Christmas Party, he feels the initial pangs of jealously. And then, the pining begins when Tre and Caroline hook up on New Years at Rob's house.

For the first months of Tre and Caroline's relationship, Mike's quiet pining goes unnoticed and decides it's better to be her friend than nothing at all. But when Caroline's sister Giselle flies out for her birthday during the summer, Mike learns more than one thing about Caroline and himself; that both Caroline and Giselle are adopted sisters, and that Giselle, a psychiatry major, picks up on his true feelings about Caroline.

Later that summer, after a heated kiss in the studio between Caroline and Mike, the strings on the relationship she had with Tre start to unravel as she finds herself realizing the feelings she's had for Mike all this time.

And when Mike and Caroline fall deeper into the hole they've dug themselves into, romantically, shit hits the fan and hearts break...

...literally.