You'll Be the Death of Me

Fourteen.

November 5th rolled around and I got all excited, as I did every single year. Tonight was Bonfire Night! Needless to say, they don't celebrate it over here, but I was sure I could get someone to celebrate with me. I mean, which one of the guys could resist a nice big bonfire and fireworks? And I intended on a barbecue as well. I know, we're strange, it's almost winter, and I want a barbecue? It just makes things so much more enjoyable! I didn't even get this excited with Halloween, I never did really. I liked dressing up, but we all just ended up staying in, drinking and watching horror films.
"Ville!" I screamed in his ear, at about 9am. He shot right up, as though someone had just told him the house was on fire. Upon noticing I was stood next to his bed, grinning like a loon he laid back down and sighed.
"What is it?"
"Do you know what today is?" My grin was growing wider with every passing second.
"The day you woke me up early to give cryptic messages?"
"No! It's November 5th!" Blank stare. "Bonfire Night!"
"Sweetheart, we're in America. They don't celebrate."
"So? I bet you none of the guys will pass up the chance of fireworks and a bonfire."
"If you can bribe a single one of them out of bed at this ungodly hour, I'll help you prepare. Now sod off." I grinned evilly. He basically just told me he was helping me.
"Okay. I'll go see Bammy!" I heard him slap his forehead as I walked away. As far as Ville and the guys were concerned; I had Bam whipped. Neither Bam nor I saw the reasoning behind this, but it was something that helped when they needed to tease him. I skipped away, down the hall to Bam's bedroom and jumped onto our bed, grinning like a loon still. He didn't wake; he just stirred and turned over, so that he was laid on his back. I prodded his side to wake him. Nothing but a little shuffling. "Fine. Be that way." I huffed. "BAM!" I screamed. His reaction was the same as Ville's. Shooting up like the house was on fire.
"What is it?!" He asked, panicking.
"Come shopping with me."
"You woke me up at," he looked, "9am to ask if I would go shopping?! You know I don't do shopping. I have one condition on shopping."
"I am not taking you underwear shopping and modeling them for you."
"Spoil sport." He grumbled.
"Anyway, right, I want you to come get fireworks with me!"
"... Why?"
"Because, silly, it's Bonfire Night in England. And I have never once not celebrated this night. I always throw a party. Bonfire, Fireworks, Barbecue. Rain or shine... Well, not shine really, but you catch my drift." He groaned. "Please." I jutted out my bottom lip and put the sad eyes on.
"Don't, Freddy. You know I don't like that." I looked down in fake shame/sadness, and he sighed. "Give me 10 minutes and I'll meet you in the Pirate Bar."
"YAY! Thank you, Bam Bam!"
"Get out so I can change."
"Ha, fine. I'm going to go make Ville fulfill his promise!" I could imagine Bam looking after me curiously as I left his room, but I didn't mind too much. Skipping off down the hall past my bedroom door, and into Ville's I jumped on his bed again, just as (by the looks of it) he drifted off to sleep again. "Valo! Get up! You, me and Bam are going to buy Fireworks and barbecue food!"
"And a barbecue?" He asked, groaning.
"Bam doesn't have one?!"
"Nope. They trashed it over the summer."
"Fuck. That bitch. Anyway, whatever. You have 10 minutes. Meet me in the Pirate Bar!" Jumping up, I skipped off, yet again, down to the Kitchen to make some form of food for the guys to stop them whining at me all day. 10 minutes later, I was stood in the kitchen, eating toast, and dishing out their breakfast. It was the most of a full English breakfast that I could do in 10 minutes, so most of it really. The trick is to put the bacon in the microwave for a bit beforehand. Cooks it so much quicker.
"I smell food!" Bam declared, walking down the stairs.
"No shit. Get in here and you can have some!" I heard two sets of feet racing through and both Bam and Ville shot into the Kitchen. 5 minutes later, the food had completely gone and Bam and Ville were looking at me like I was God.
"That was the best thing ever." Bam grinned, jumping up and hugging me.
"What; You've never had an English breakfast before?"
"I officially love the English." I could see Ville smirking to himself.
"Anyway, Fireworks, Bam, Fireworks!" He laughed as I grabbed his hand and dragged him out to the Hummer. Ville followed closely behind the two of us, and shutting the door we had left open.
By Lunch time the three of us had split up. Bam to find a barbecue, Ville to find Fireworks (and lots of them) and me to get the food. We were all going to the Skip later to get wood for it, but we decided to meet up for Lunch, which would be in about 5 minutes. Seeing as though Bam had two sets of keys for his Hummer he gave me a set to put the food into it, and then there was the set he and Ville would be using. I hadn't run into them at the car, so I just left it. Finding the place we were meeting wasn't difficult, finding the guys would be. Standing outside the building, I sighed. The boys were late. No surprise there. I spotted someone crossing over the road toward me, and grinned. He hadn't noticed me, which made it all the better.
"Greg?" I asked the man in front of me. "Gregory Therman?" He quickly turned around at the sound of my voice to look at me, his eyes lighting up.
"Freda?!" He grinned and hugged me tightly. "God, what are you doing back out here?"
"I'm staying with a couple of friends. Call it a vacation away from my Mum." He laughed, and let go of me, but not before kissing me on the forehead.
"How've you been?"
"Great, I've met a load of new people, you'll love them. What about you?"
"Cool. About average really. God, I missed you so much!"
"I missed you too, Greg." I smiled. I felt someone's arm snake around my waist and turned to see Bam, with Ville behind him. I smiled to myself as he leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"Hey, Fred, who's this?"
"Bam, this is Greg. Greg, this is Bam." They both forced a smile to each other and I pulled a face.
"I would absolutely love to stay and chat, but I've gotta get going. My lunch hour's almost over. You've still got my number, right?"
"Nope, I deleted it like last November." He chuckled, and put his number into my phone, which I had held out for him.
"Well, I'll see you around. I'll call you in a bit, yeah?"
"Yeah. Bye, Greg." I hugged him again, and he walked off. Turning around, I spotted Ville giving me a strange look, which I instinctively shrugged off. It was only Ville, he always did that to me, and usually nothing comes of it.
"So, who was that?" Bam asked, leading me into the building.
"I told you, it's Greg, he's an old friend."
"Friend? He didn't look too friendly." I gave Bam a confused look. "He seemed more along the lines of using up all his 'friendliness' on you, and reserving his evils for me."
"He doesn't like me being around other guys. Nothing big."
"He sounds like a jealous ex..."
"He isn't. Drop it. You're not going to find out any sordid secrets in my past, because there's nothing there to find." He opened his mouth. "Drop. It." He closed his mouth and averted his eyes. "I'm sorry, Bam. It's just, Greg and I aren't like that. I don't like it when people won't believe that." He looked back at me, and smiled weakly.
The three of us ate our food in silence after that. All I could do was brood on it really. Bam looked just as broody, and Ville just looked awkward. I bet we looked like a right sight.
For the rest of the day there was minimal speaking between Bam and I. Somehow we managed to set everything up with the Bonfire and shit without talking too much. Bam was having Ape and Phil do the barbecue, and set Dunn and the guys to work on the Bonfire, like I had done last time. I had returned to my room after about an hour back at the house, and I've just been laid there ever since. Waiting for the guys to shout me down. Looking out the window, I saw the first hints of the setting sun, and began to get ready. Searching through my wardrobe, I soon found an outfit that seemed suitable. An hour later there was a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I shouted, finishing up my eyeliner. I looked into the mirror at who was coming in the door and saw it was Novak. I put my eyeliner down and stood up. "So, what do you think?" I twirled briefly, and turned back to him. I had over the knee stripy socks and converse on, with a rather, er, short black skirt, and a decent shirt, that still showed off a fair bit. My hair was pinned up loosely with a few pieces dropping down here and there. My makeup was dark, and my lips blood red, making me look paler than usual. I slipped on my pink belt with silver pyramid studs whilst Novak was answering.
"I think two things. Number one is overruled by number two."
"Tell me them both then." I laughed.
"Number 1. You should totally get on that bed right now so I can have my way with you." I raised my eyebrows, and he continued. "Number 2. Bam's totally gonna kick anyone's ass who even looks at you tonight until he can have his way with you." I smirked.
"Well, I guess he'll be kicking people’s arses for a long time, cos he isn’t getting any." Novak's jaw dropped.
"You're an evil woman."
"You guys love me for it." Novak held his arm out for me to link through, and led me out of the room, and down onto the decking. The guys all turned around when they heard the doors opening, each of them (besides Ville) having the same reaction as Novak. Phil and April were both stood talking by the barbecue, completely unaware of the new presence. "So, you losers gonna stand there and stare, or is one of you going to get me a drink?" Raab, Dico and Dunn all scrambled to the cooler to get me a beer, whilst Ville and Rake started talking, and Novak went over to Bam, who was still staring. I smirked at him, and walked over to Ville. "Valo!"
"Whoa. I'm stood right here, where's the need to shout?"
"I don't know. Shouting's fun maybe?" He shook his head.
"That was rhetorical. What did you want?"
"To speak to someone who won't drool at me."
"Get changed and you can talk to anyone besides Bam then."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, confused.
"It means you could be being sick, in the worst clothes you have, with the messiest hair anyone in this world has ever seen, and I'd still think you were the hottest damn thing I've ever seen." Bam whispered in my ear from behind.
"Oh, yeah, Margera, cos sweet talking always works." I rolled my eyes as his hands settled on my hips. His lips connected softly with the flesh of my neck.
"We can always hope," he mumbled into my skin.
"OOOH! Novak! Guess who's still not getting any tonight!" I shouted halfway across the deck. Everyone turned to look at Bam, and I and burst out laughing. Turning around I smirked at Bam once again, and kissed his cheek. "Sucks to be you." And with that I slipped from his grasp and sat down on the other side of the deck with Dunn.
An hour later I was still sat in that spot, with Dunn getting my food and drink, due to my severe laziness.
"So, what's up with you and Bam today? I thought you guys were finally okay." Dunn asked, handing me another beer from the cooler.
"He got really jealous today about this old friend of mine. And he just didn't seem to want to drop it, so I guess I'm just being really pissy at him." I replied, shrugging and taking a drink.
"Oh. I think Ville mentioned him. Greg, right?" I nodded. "He said the guy was giving Bam major death glares." I shrugged.
"Maybe he was, but it's not like Bam should go on the defensive. I mean, if something was going on, wouldn't he be stood there smirking or something?"
"I guess. But, that's not really the point in it. The point is, Bam gets really protective over you. He won't admit it, but, seriously, did you see the looks he was giving Novak when you walked out here with him earlier?"
"No... Why?"
"Because, Novak may be his life partner, but life was about to become very short for him if looks could kill." I looked at him. Was he being serious? "Just go talk to him, Frey. You'll feel better after you do."
"Okay, fine, but after the fireworks!"
"No. Now." I rolled my eyes, and went to find Bam. I found him out by the pool, lighter in hand. I sat down beside him and crossed my legs to stop my feet from hitting the water. It was silent for quite some time before I finally worked up the courage to talk.
"I'm sorry about how I've been acting today." Silence. "It's just, I haven't seen Greg in well over a year, and now I do, and I just thought you'd be happy for me." Silence. "Bam, I'm sorry. Seriously. Just say something." Nothing. I'm pouring my fucking heart out to the guy, and I get nothing! Standing up, I brushed myself down and turned to walk away. The moment I took my first step, I felt a hand clutch at my own. Turning round to look at Bam, I waited for him to speak.
"I'm sorry, too. I don't know what came over me, it was just something about him. He just seemed, I don't know, weird. Like there was something he wasn't showing," he sighed, and pulled me back down, only now I was sitting on his lap. "You can't blame me. You're beautiful; I just wish that I was the only one who could see it. I hate having too much competition."
"There is no competition. I want you. Nobody else means a damn thing to me the way you do." He smiled weakly at me, and replaced the smile on his lips with my own lips. He pulled away and smiled at me again, only now it was back to his usual cocky, self-assured smile.
"Come on. I've got to do the fireworks." He grinned. Grabbing my hand again, he led me off to where he had planted a single line to burn out to each of the fireworks. I raised my eyebrows at him when he looked at me, with a huge grin on his face. "We made Glomb do it, and reminded him that I wasn't going to run around lighting loads of different fireworks, so he set it up like this. One light and nothing more." If it was possible, his grin grew wider as he spoke, and I just shook my head.
"You lazy little shit." The lighter sparked into life and he brought it down to the wire, lighting it. He dropped the line and we stepped back from it, still watching as it burned. We made it back to the deck just as the first fireworks started going off. Bam watched them from behind me, with his arms wrapped protectively around my waist.
As the last of the fireworks burnt out in the sky, Novak came over to join Bam and me.
"So, does he get to have his way with you tonight, or am I getting my ass kicked tomorrow, too?" He asked, suppressing a laugh.
"You're getting your arse kicked tomorrow as well." I replied, smiling sweetly. Bam turned me around quickly in his arms.
"Oh, really? Do you mean to say that I still can't have my way with you?" His voice had a slightly dangerous, yet playful, edge to it. I put on my thinking face for a few seconds before answering.
"Yes, that's exactly what I mean to say." Bam shot a look at Novak, before turning back to me, slinging me swiftly over his shoulder and running into the house. "BAM! Put me down!" I half screamed, and half giggled.
"Where?"
"Here! As in, right now!" He ignored that comment and continued up the stairs to his room. "Bam, put me down!" He opened the door to his room.
"Is that what your wish?"
"YES!"
"Then your wish is my command." And with that he threw me down onto the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, sorry, sorry! I've been so distracted lately, with coursework deadlines coming up at me and a new story in the works that I can't take my mind off!
I know you don't need my excuses, but I'm giving them.
Sorry again.