You'll Be the Death of Me

Seventeen.

"Ville! I know you're still here!" I called, slamming the door behind me, and shoving Bam's keys onto the hook. "VILLE!" I screamed. Yeah, I was incredibly impatient. Bam hadn't replied to any of my texts, and when I tried calling, his phone was off. I couldn't get any of the guys' numbers, seeing as though they were all on my old, now trashed, phone, and I couldn't see the screen to get the number. "VILLE!"
"Whoa. Calm it. I'm here. What's up?" He asked, coming up from the Pirate Bar, popcorn in hand.
"I need your help."
"Okay, hold on. I'm going to watch a film, come and sit with me, and then tell me what you need help with." I nodded impatiently, and the two of us walked up into his room, where he had the DVD already in. He pressed play, and half laid, half sat on his bed. "So, what's up?"
"I did something."
"What?"
"I guess you could call it cheating on Bam..."
"WHAT?!"
"I didn't mean to! And it wasn't really me! It was him! He just kissed me, right out of the blue!"
"Does Bam know?!"
"No, I tried calling him, but his phones switched off."
"Fuck. Did you try any of the other guys?"
"No, I can't get their numbers off my old phone, can I?" He reached over to grab his phone off the nightstand, and tried calling each of the guys in turn. Each and every one of them had their phones switched off. "Shit. What are we going to do?"
"We have to wait for him to get back, and then you can explain it to him." I nodded silently, and moved my attention away from Ville, and pretending to watch the film. I didn't even know what it was that made me need to tell him so quickly. All I knew is that I needed to explain this, and fast. All the way home, I could feel my old phone vibrating in my pocket, with Greg trying to call me. I knew it was him, it just had to be. I didn't know where the sense of urgency came from, the dire need to tell him as soon as I saw him, if not sooner, but something was telling me I had to tell him about this right now.
"Did you try calling Duffers?" I asked suddenly. "He said that's where he was going." Ville only shook his head before picking up the phone again. Only a minute later, he dropped with again with a sigh.
"No luck. They said he left over an hour ago."
"That's good, right? That means he'll be home soon... Right?" The look on Ville's face worried me. He knew that this meant something.
"No, it means he's going to be out all night. Usually he leaves about now, and is back within about 15 to 20 minutes. The fact he left over an hour ago means he's going somewhere else. He does this sometimes."
"Why did he pick tonight to do this though?" I groaned.
"Go to bed, Freda. Try and sleep, you'll see him in the morning." I looked at my watch, only to find that it had turned 10 already. I suppose I drove around for far too long earlier. Sighing, I got off Ville's bed.
"Good night, Ville."
"Night, Freda." I walked slowly to Bam's room, and lay on his bed, kicking off my shoes and curling into a ball, without changing.
Bam didn't return home that night, nor did any of the other guys. I slept fitfully. Falling to sleep for short periods of time, with over an hour between each period. I was up at 10, giving up on getting any proper sleep now, seeing as though morning had set itself up. I walked down to the pirate bar and sat on one of the stools, yawning and waiting for Bam to return home. Only moments later, I heard the door shut near me, and whipped my head round, thinking it would be Bam.
"Hey, Ape." I mumbled sullenly, looking back to where I had been staring only two seconds ago.
"Hi, Frey, where's Bam?"
"Not a clue. He's been out all night, hasn't been back."
"Well, he should be home soon then." She smiled. I smiled back weakly in return. "What's up, sweetie?"
"Nothing." She just gave me a disbelieving look and I sighed. I should have known I couldn't not tell Ape this. "You know that Greg that Bam didn't like?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, now he'll have a reason not to like him."
"What do you mean?"
"He kissed me, and I don't know how Bam will react to this. All I know is I have to tell him quickly."
"Well, I'll make sure he listens to you." She smiled. I quickly got up and hugged her. Her body froze with shock for about a second before hugging me back.
"Thanks for believing me, Ape." I said, releasing her from my grip. She trusted me as much as Ville did, and that meant a lot to me. Neither asked questions, they just believed me when I told them what happened.
"It's okay. I see the way you look at him; I know you wouldn't have hurt him like that. I believe you when you say it was Greg." I smiled at her again.

It was another hour or so before I finally heard the Hummer pull up outside. The sound of the engine cutting off was followed in quick succession by rather forceful slams of both the car door, and the front door of the house.
"FREDA?!" I heard him call my name, and he sounded angry. My stomach twisted into knots and my hands started to shake. What did he know?
"Yes?" I called, as quietly as I could so that he could still hear me. I was sat in the Kitchen on one of the stools, still waiting for him. I heard heavy footfalls on the stairs, and soon I saw Bam entering the room. And boy did he look pissed.
"What's this?" He snarled, throwing a magazine in front of me. I quickly looked over the cover title. What was he doing buying tacky goss- Oh. My heart sank as I looked at the main headline.
'The Princess and the Pauper?'
Underneath the headline, I saw the picture of Greg and me kissing. I decided to study the magazine more before returning to look at Bam's face. I never wanted him to find out this way. There was a smaller headline beneath, claiming to have the 'official story' from Greg himself. There was a single quote on it.
'She was near enough begging me to go against my morals.'
It seemed this magazine only looked at one side of the story.
"Explain. Now." I looked back up at him timidly, trying to suck up the courage to tell him. I gulped, and tried to ignore the twisting of my intestines, like I was going to throw up at any second.
"He asked me to hang out yesterday, and I didn't tell you because I didn't know how you would react. He kinda just kissed me out of the blue. I don't even know why he decided it would be a good idea."
"And you looking like you were enjoying him spoon-feeding you was a complete set up too?"
"He fed me one fucking chicken nugget, for Christ's sake!"
"Bullshit. Have you read that fucking article?!"
"Bam, of course I haven't. I've been trying to get in touch with you since this fucking happened to explain about it to you! And plus I don't read tacky gossip magazines. I'm not like your fucking ex girlfriends."
"You might as well be, they were cheaters, too." He spat, and turned on his heel, walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so, so, SO sorry. I'm in the middle of my GCSE's at the moment.
Utter loss for time, and I'm losing any inspiration I once had for this.
I know exactly where I'm headed, and I'm almost there... I'm just stuck for how to put it.
Bare with me, yeah? [: