You'll Be the Death of Me

Twenty.

My phone buzzed away on the dresser where it had lain for days. It had been doing this almost constantly since the incident. I was now referring to it as that, or as "the violation to my personal space". Yeah, "the incident" sounds much better, doesn't it? The screen still hadn't dried out completely, so I couldn't see who it actually was. So, assuming it was Greg, I ignored it. The constant buzzing had been driving me insane, from 4 in the morning until 6 at night. It was horrible. Yes, I had thought to turn it off, but then I'd just get voice mails, and those things annoy me worse than the buzzing would. You can't argue with a recorded message, can you? I don't know much longer I can handle the constant buzzing.
It was 5pm before I even made to move from my bed where I had lain since Bam and I had spoken this morning. I had had to suffer through hearing the buzzing above all the other noise I had caused to drown it out, I didn't know how this could happen. Not even the sound of HIM blaring on full volume could drown it out. I think it was my subconscious forcing me to hear it. Like it wanted me to feel guilty by the constant reminder of my phone ringing. I don't understand why he hadn't given up yet. I know I would have. He can't be that determined to brag, can he?
"What?" I snapped down the phone, suddenly unable to handle the inane buzzing any longer.
"Freda. How dare you speak to your mother in such a way?" The highly familiar, and much more annoying, voice of my mother scolded. Hearing Greg's voice would have been better, but the person them self, well, as much as I hate my Mum, I hate Greg more.
"Sorry, I thought you were someone else," I mumbled stiffly.
"That's what caller ID is for, darling," she replied, snobbishly as ever.
"My screen is broken. I dropped it in the pool."
"Oh, well, then no wonder you haven't been answering my calls!"
"Yeah, sure, let’s go with that," I replied, with evident sarcasm. I had been away from her so long that I just didn't give a damn anymore. I'd forgotten how to live by her rules.
"Freda!" She scolded once more. I was really rusty on doing as I'm told.
"Sorry, mother." I rolled my eyes. "So, why were you calling?"
"Oh, yes! There's been an... incident back here. We need you to come home immediately. I'm sure you've had long enough of a break, and are well rested enough to come back now, Freda."
"I'm thinking of living out here, actually."
"Well, maybe you can do that once you have been home to help us sort this out." I rolled my eyes again. She always made me do that. It was an annoying habit I thought I had gotten rid of when I came over here. But, no, I guess it was her that caused it constantly.
"When do I leave?"
"Tomorrow morning. You'll be on the 6am flight from Philadelphia."
"How did you know where I was?"
"Please, darling, the paparazzi follow you like flies. You're like a story on legs to them."
"They've spotted me once..."
"Yes, maybe over there, but over here we got the update on where you had landed."
"Oh."
"Yes. Well, I need to go speak to your father. Don't forget to get on that plane, Freda. Goodbye." And she hung up. My mother had never really been one for long goodbyes. I stood up from my bed again, and made my way downstairs to the pirate bar where everyone had converged. The talking was mainly hushed, which was unusual. The whispered conversation stopped when my foot hit the creaky stair.
"Freda?" Ville asked, looking up at me, worry drawn across his face.
"I'm going home," I stated. It was these three simple words that made me stumble and fall. Literally and metaphorically. Bam, being the closest to the stairs, caught me in his arms when I fell and allowed me to sob into his chest. His hands moved up and down my back, soothing me, calming me down until all that could be shown of my breakdown were the sniffles I let out every once in a while, and the tear stains down my cheeks. All of the guys were still sat in their seats looking at me with pity in their eyes as Bam sat down with me on his lap, still snuggled up to his chest with heaving breaths.
"When did you find out you were going?" Ville asked me softly.
"Just now," I sighed. "My mum called. There's been an 'incident' at home. They need me back there."
"When are you leaving?" Bam asked me in barely a whisper once the sounds of the guys leaving the room had reached the top of the stairs. They all knew that they were neither wanted, nor needed, to be here for this.
"Tomorrow. She booked me the 6am flight from Philly."
"Don't leave," he pleaded. I looked up at him. I could see the tears he was pushing back. I couldn't see him like this, not now or ever.
"I don't have a choice, Bam," I muttered.
"Please, Fred."
"I'm only going to be gone two weeks tops. I promise I'll be back before you know it." An idea lit up his eyes, and I knew what it was before he said it.
"I'll come with you."
"You can't. You have demos to do. This week and next, remember?"
"I'll can-"
"You're cancelling nothing. You're going to do those demos." He slumped back in his chair, and I checked my phone for the time. 5:30. "I have to get packing. Do you think you can talk someone into taking me to the airport tomorrow?"
"I'm taking you."
"You'll have to be up at 4am, Bam..."
"I don't care. Nobody is allowed to send you off but me. Unless of course Ville wants to come, then I can't stop him." He chuckled. It wasn't the same as I remembered, it wasn't as happy.
"I'm going to miss you so much. I know we're not really that friendly right now, but you know I will."
"Fred, you're sat on my lap instead of someone else's, how are we not friendly? I think it's safe to say we're on decent terms."
"Thank you, Bam. But I really need to go pack now. I'll talk to you later."

~Bam POV~
I watched her leave and sighed heavily. I didn't know how I was going to cope while she was gone; she always kept me in check. She's going for two weeks. How am I meant to handle that? This is going to drive me insane. It was only 10 hours until I would have to be up again, to take her to the place where she would leave me for what, I'm sure, would seem like eternity.
"Ville, I need to talk to you," I groaned from the doorway of his bedroom, whilst rubbing my temples.
"Okay... What is it?" He asked, confusion splashed across his face.
"Not here. It's serious, and you know the guys. They'll probably use it against me for as long as they can."
"Decking?"
"Yeah, sure." Making our way to the decking the both of us were silent, the entire house seemed to be silent tonight, except for the music coming from Freda's room.
"So, what's so important?" Ville asked me, settling down on the chair opposite my own.
"She's leaving tomorrow morning for two whole weeks."
"Tomorrow? Shit, seriously?"
"Yeah..."
"But it's only two weeks. She'll be back before you know it."
"You don't get it, though, Ville!"
"Then explain to me."
"I don't know how to! It's like every time she's in the room I have to keep my focus on something so I won't stare at her. I can't get her off my mind. The way she walks, the way she talks, the way she looks at me, the way she kisses me. I just don't think I can handle her leaving for anything more than a couple of days. I can't stand this, knowing I won't see her for two weeks! It's killing me. I don't know what's happening to me, I've never felt this strongly about a girl before. And I know I was being a dick about her and Greg, but it hurt me. Just the thought that her lips had been on another guys. It killed me almost as bad as this is." Ville stared at me for a few moments before his lips turned up into a smile, and he said five simple world that changed my life forever.
"You're in love with her."
I was in love with Freda Windsor.
~End Bam POV~
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I just say... whoops?
I tried to focus on this. I failed. Sorry!