You'll Be the Death of Me

Twenty-four.

It was two days before the wedding. May had arrived and I hadn't cracked a smile in weeks. Bam and I hadn't spoken since February, when all the invitations were sent, and I couldn't take any more talk of marriage and heirs. I told myself I would grin and bear it, but as the days faded to weeks and the weeks to months, I lost all the hope and the tiny amount of enthusiasm I had mustered up, and resigned myself to my fate; to a life of unhappiness in order to please the people I had despised for so very long.
The night before I had gotten a phonecall from an emotionally worn out Ville, claiming he had had enough of Bam and I; that we needed to speak. So I told him it all, I told him how I hadn't heard anything from him in months, that I had tried and tried and every time Bam and ignored my efforts.
And that was why I was where I was right now: laid on my bed staring at the ceiling and awaiting the call I had hoped for for months - the call in which I would hear his voice again. Bam was going to call any minute and it was almost enough for me to crack a smile.
Almost.
Devils by the 69 Eyes blared from my phone and my heart sank. I'd personalised both Bam and Ville months ago; this was Ville's ringtone.
"Ville? I thought you were getting Bam to call me?" I said, my throat starting to close. He didn't want to know me any more. I knew it.
"Fred..." My heart stopped. His voice.
"Bammy?"
"Yeah... I had to phone you off of Ville's phone, I lost mine." My heart was pounding in my chest. It was so good to hear his voice again.
"I miss you."
"I miss you, too."
"I can't do this. I don't know what to do." There was just silence on the other end, so I did what any self respecting girl would do; I poured my heart out. "You're all I can think about. I know how much of a user this guy is and he creeps me the hell out, but every time I see him, all I can see is you smiling back at me. Whenever I'm sat in the city and I hear the sound of a skateboard, I look round thinking I'm going to see you, but it never is. I don't know what I'm playing at. Nothing seems to be able to take my mind off you. I don't care how sad this sounds, it's true. And I don't know why I'm sat here telling you all this two days before I'm supposed to get married, but I am." I was just greeted by the sound of nothing. "Say something." Nothing. My eyes teared up. "Please." I was choking up. Tears were ready to spill. I had been so stupid! Why had I told him that? "Please." I begged again. I could still hear his ragged breathing on the other end.
"I can't handle this, Freddy. You can't just dump this on me, and expect me to do nothing!" I started sobbing. He sounded angry. I knew I shouldn't have said anything.
"I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I don't know what I'm doing! I lo-" My door opened, and in walked my mother. I stopped mid-word.
"Hang up now, Freda."
"Fred? Fred, who's there?!" I dropped my phone, keeping the line connected. She looked at the caller ID. Ville.
"This, Ville, his name is to be taken from the wedding list. There is no way I will allow anyone to ruin what I have planned!" The phone disconnected, and she walked off with it. My heart broke as she did, the tears falling rapidly from my eyes and sobs breaking free of my chest. It was like I was a teenage girl being punished for hanging out with someone in the 'wrong crowd' all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short as Hell, I know, but the next one's long.
and it's the last.
For the first time I'm not sad to see a story end. :/