You'll Be the Death of Me

Nine.

I never returned to the party that night. I just grabbed the one bottle of Vodka Bam had left and walked upstairs to my room. I shoved in my mix tape of favourite HIM songs and turned the volume up so I could block out whatever they were doing. For a while the vodka was just sat on the floor next to me while HIM songs repeated themselves, but then I could hear things from Bam's room somehow, and turned the music up. I took a gulp of the clear liquid, and let it burn down my throat, pushing back the tears I could feel coming. The next song started playing, and a wave of tears just cascaded down my face. This song made me cry every time. Beautiful. Even when I was perfectly sober it did this to me. I don't know what it was about it really. I guess usually it's from how sweet it is, but this time I think it's just pushing me over the edge.
The next thing I knew I was being nudged in my side by someone’s foot, and the sunlight was blinding my eyes.
"Wake up sleepyhead. I have a num- Whoa, where'd that come from?" Ville said, pointing next to me. I groaned and looked next to me. Empty vodka bottle. I groaned again, and rolled over trying to get back to sleep. Ville left the room, only to come back seconds later. "Come on, get up. I have aspirin, it looks like you're gonna need it." I held out my hand and he pulled me up so I could sit on the bed. My head was absolutely pounding. I grabbed the aspirin and glass of water, then downed it quite quickly, then regretted it and ran straight to the bathroom, throwing up the contents of my stomach. Including the aspirin. I heard Ville walk into the room, and rub my back as I leaned over the toilet bowl.
"Urgh. I feel like shit, Ville." I moaned. He chuckled.
"Well, you did have a full bottle of vodka and however many other beers. So, it's kind of obvious how bad you were gonna be. Your own fault really."
"Bloody well was not." I grumbled.
"Oh? So, you never drank all that alcohol of your own free will?"
"Well, yes, I did. But that's not the point. It was his fault. He said all that."
"Who said what? Was it Zach? I swear if it was him that's upset you I'll kill him." He threatened. I laughed at his brotherly protectiveness.
"No, it wasn't. Don't worry. It was someone else, doesn't matter who..."
"Yes, sweetheart, it does. Whoever's upset you is going to get one."
"See, now that's why I won't tell you who it is...”
"Do I know them?"
"Erm... No." I lied, rather rubbishly.
"Okay, so I know them well then."
"No, you don't Ville, I've told you, you don't know him!"
"Who do I know well that was there last night?" He asked himself. By this point I was leaning over the toilet throwing up again, but he continued pondering. "Dunn? Nah wouldn't be him. Erm... Dico... Novak... Rake... No, wait... It couldn't be." The realisation in his voice made me cringe, so I kept my face hidden away, but the smell soon got to me and I had to look at him. "Freda, what have you and Bam gotten upto...?"
"Nothing, Ville. God, do you not trust me?"
"You slept with him, didn't you?" And here's disappointment. I lowered my head and hid my face in my hair. I couldn't keep lying to him. "I'll kill him. I told him to leave you alone. I told him never to hurt you. What did he say?"
"Nothing, it doesn't matter!"
"Tell me."
"I've told you it doesn't matter!"
"Tell me Freda!" He shouted. I started choking again. Great, now Ville's mad at me too. How the hell am I screwing this up so badly? "Shit, Freda, I'm sorry." He pulled me over to himself and held me close as the tears fell once more. "I'm sorry; I just really wanted to know what had gotten you so upset. I'm mad at him, not you." I thought back on his words last night, and realised how pathetic I had been. That's what he wanted. He wanted to get to me. I sniffled, and pushed the tears back. He wouldn't let him get to me like I had so many others.
"What he said, it was really pathetic. That's the only reason I won't tell you."
"You know I don't care how pathetic it is, if it upsets you, I want to know."
"He basically just insulted my, erm, skills."
"So, to put it simply, he said you were a sloppy kisser, and worse in bed?" I nodded slowly, and Ville smiled.
"What? What's that smile all about, Mr Valo?"
"Nothing, Freda dearest, nothing at all."
"Then how did you know exactly what he said to me without me telling you?"
"He can never come up with any new insults for anyone."
"Sure, that's what it is...” I replied rolling my eyes.
"So, you feeling better now? Can we get out of this stinky room?" I noticed the sudden topic change but said nothing. I'll drop it for a bit and come back to it later.
"Yeah, sure." He pushed me off his lap, and helped me up from the floor, and I flushed the toilet. As I was about to exit, I rushed back and quickly sprayed some air freshener. Don't want it to stink of sick all day, do I? Ville laughed at my sudden movement, and then started out the door, which I quickly imitated... Only to near enough literally walk into some random girl and Bam. I felt a pang in my stomach, that lurch of jealousy. The one I didn't want him to know he'd gotten from me. I didn't do too well in covering it up really, but I was a bit hungover so you know, you can't blame me. The two of them walked off without a second glance at us, and I just went back to my room and flopped down on my bed.
"I'm gonna go back to my room, darling, I'll see you in a bit." Ville said, kissing my forehead and walking out of the room, I just turned over and tried to get back to sleep. I hate hangovers.

By 3 o'clock that day I had near enough recovered, but still had a slight headache, yeah, maybe I get over things fast, but you've gotta with my friends. I was down in the pirate bar talking to Dunn and Dico about nothing in particular, when Bam and Ville came in.
"Hey guys. Hey Fred." Bam greeted. I rolled my eyes.
"Hello, my dear friends." Ville grinned, seeming rather happy. I laughed.
"Hey Ville." I looked at Bam's face. I could've sworn I saw some shock there but as soon as I blinked it had gone, and his usual calm, collected face had reappeared. "Oh, Ville, you were saying something about a number this morning?"
"Shit, yeah. You remember Zach?" I nodded. "Well, he said I had to give you this piece of paper...But being the nosy big brother I am, I had to look at what he wrote. It's just his number... Which disappointed me greatly." I laughed.
"So, where's this piece of paper then?"
"My pocket."
"Then give me it."
"Fine."
"Fine."
"FINE."
"Just give her the piece of paper, Valo!" Dunn shouted. "See, I told you to get in there, Freda, and I guess you took that advice. What a smart little girl." I laughed, and took the piece of paper from Ville's outstretched hand.
"Cheers, Ville. Erm... I suppose I have to go phone him now, I'll talk to you guys later." I smiled. Dunn winked at me, making me laugh, and I proceeded to walk up to my room, and entered his number into my phone. I saved it, and pressed the call button, smiling to myself.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Zach?"
"Yeah, this is Zach. Who's this?"
"It's Freda, from last night. We met at Bam Margera's party."
"Oh, hey, Freda! I was wondering when you'd call. I just finished work, so I guess you have good timing." I giggled.
"Yeah, I guess I do."
"So, erm, I was wondering if you wanted to go out for coffee sometime?" Well, that was straight to the point.
"Yeah, sure. When?"
"Tonight? Maybe about 5ish?" I smiled to myself.
"Yeah, why not? Erm, where shall I meet you?"
"Well, there's a nice little coffee shop on Market Street, I'm sure if you don't know where that is, I can pick you up...?"
"Sure, I'd like that."
"Great, I'll pick you up at about quarter to 5?"
"I'll see you then. Bye, Zach."
"Bye, Freda." I quickly hung up and smiled to myself, yet again, then ran downstairs to Ville. Whom I then jumped on and hugged.
"I love you, bitch. You know that, right?"
"Erm... I love you too Frey?"
"Yay." I smiled and hugged him again.
"So, what's brought all this on, darling?"
"Oh, you know, you dear Freda has a date. Nothing big, just a coffee, but, yeah."
"Oh, wow, yay for Freda!" I glanced over at Bam, who was doing nothing to hide his disgust, but it was a funny kind of disgust. Kinda like there was a little bit of something else in there... Could Bam Margera be jealous of a normal guy?
"I know! He's picking me up at quarter to 5, so I've got like an hour and a half before then. An hour to waste, half an hour to get ready. So, I think I may just go and listen to my silly bands for an hour, and possibly phone Mel. So, I'll see you losers later. Bye guys." I then basically skipped off. I couldn't believe how happy I was about this, and this guy wasn't even Bam! Hopefully he won't end up like him either. As soon as I entered my room, I flicked open my CD player, and replaced last nights CD with Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild by cKy. I still couldn't believe I was staying in the house the drummer of one of my favourite bands brother owned. I had adored cKy since the moment I heard them. And believe me that was a while ago, Ville introduced me to them. Half an hour later, there was a knocking at my door. "Come in!" I shouted, and slowly the door opened. Let’s just say it wasn't the best thing I wanted to see.
Into my room stepped Bam Margera. Well this should be fun...