The Biggest Fan

Partying.

"Go!", the voice repeated. Before I even realized it was one of the female stylists that had been styling the guys before the show, I got up from the floor.
As I began walking around the black curtain that was separating the backstage area from the stage, I stumbled my way to where the guys were standing, being met with an outstanding applause and screams from the audience that even overheard the sound of my heart which now was beating faster than ever.
I went across the stage towards Bert who was standing there with open arms and a microphone in his right hand.
He took me in his crook of his arm for then to speak to the audience.

"I've never met someone like this girl, guys, and I truly believe that she is our biggest fan."
I looked at Bert with a grateful smile for then to gaze out to the audience whose eyes were glued to me, wondering who I really was.
At that moment, I felt like a rock star.
Without almost noticing, I took the microphone out of Bert’s hand and held it an inch away from my face.

“Guten Abend, Düsseldorf!”, I said almost screaming, before being met with an applause so loud that it made my ears pop.
“You see what I mean, guys?”, Bert said, taking the microphone. “Fuckin´ amazing.”
As I went off the stage and moving myself across the stage curtain, I could hear Bert’s voice again.
“This song’s for you, Lina! It’s called ‘Blue and Yellow’!’”
“My favorite”, I mumbled to myself with a smile on my face as I walked backstage again before sitting down on the floor at the very end behind the curtain.

During the whole show, the audience was on fire, and I admired the stage performance the guys were capable of doing. It was incredible.
As Bert sang the song’s last lyric, he went off stage with the words “thank you, and good night, Hamburg!”
He was later followed by Dan who had thrown his drumsticks at the audience, along with Quinn and Jepha who had done the same thing with their picks.

The audience couldn’t stop screaming while they all were fighting for the drumsticks and guitar and bass picks, hoping to possess a little piece of The Used.
For a minute there, I was wishing I was one of those people. It’s just something about being at the front at a concert with a band you really love, trying to get your hands on something they’ve touched.

“Hey!”, a raspy voice said, coming from my left side.
“Hey, Bert”, I responded, looking up at him from where I was sitting. “Great show.”
“Yeah, I’m fuckin´ exhausted”, he said, stroking his hand through his black, long hair which now was glistening in sweat. I like it. It looked good on him.
“Here, Lina”, Quinn said, handing me one of his orange guitar picks. “I saved one for you.”
“You did?”
“Yeah. Here, take it.”
“Th-thank you. That’s so sweet of you”, I stuttered, reaching for the guitar pick in his hand as I was met with the most adorable smile I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

“So, wanna go back to the bus and chill out, guys?”, Jepha asked, being answered by nods from all of us.
I stuck Quinn’s guitar pick, which now was mine, in my pocket before following the guys outside.
To my great surprise, there weren’t any screaming fans behind the backstage gate like it was yesterday after The Used had played at the Hove Festival back home.
“Strange”, I thought, but relieved due to the fact that then I didn’t have to wait for the guys to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

As we got to the tour bus and opened the door, we were met with beers, booze, shots, you name it, all over the table at the centre.
“Awesome!”, Quinn said, immediately opening a beer can.
“Fuck, yeah! That’s just what I needed right now”, Dan agreed as he found his way to a beer bottle.

We were all sitting in a big, black leather sofa group, with two sofas on each side, being separated by the table with all the alcohol.
As I was looking at Jepha, Quinn and Dan, sipping on each of their beer across of me, Bert, who was sitting next to me at my right, asked me; “want one?”
“Sure”, I said, taking the beer he was handing me, before taking a sip out of the dark brown bottle.
Even though I really couldn’t stand the taste of beer, I couldn’t help myself from drinking it.

As we all were sitting there, drinking beer after beer, we got pretty wasted, and we didn’t get any more sober when we started on the booze and the marihuana.
The drugs went straight to my head, a side effect which was cause due to the fact that I was trying it for the first time.
I became more and more out of myself and I couldn’t stop laughing at what Bert was saying, telling us all how much he loved us. He wasn’t any less sober than I was.

Then suddenly, with no warning signals, Bert stood up and began walking towards Quinn.
He sat down on his lap and whether I was hallucinating or not, he put his lips on Quinn’s and started kissing him before they both were making out.
I knew I needed glasses, but I also knew that I saw this pretty darn clear.
I was totally taken off guard and all Dan and Jepha were doing was laughing their heads off.

“Gay porn!”, I suddenly screamed, making them laugh even more as they started cheering for Bert and Quinn.
“Fuck, we should all have a kissing orgy now!”, Bert said as he climbed off of Quinn’s lap and staggered back to the sofa, sitting down next to me.
“Lina, you go first”, he continued adenoidal, taking another sip of his now lukewarm beer, for then to smoke his weed.

“Holy crap”, I thought to myself. I was a virgin at pretty much everything involving body contact. Even kissing was slightly unfamiliar.
Due to the fact that I was loaded like hell, the thought didn’t scare me at all, as I started walking towards Dan.
I smiled the most dorky smile I’ve ever smile in my entire life as I was facing Dan, awkwardly crashing down in his lap.
“Go! Go! Go!”, Bert said snuffling, cheering at us from where he was sitting, holding his half-smoked pot in one hand and a beer bottle in the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
so there you go; another update.
i'd really appreciate your opinion on this one, so don't hesitate on commenting the story. :]
btw; sorry for bringing in drugs and alcohol in this update, but at this point, i just thought that it would fit in the story. (:

xo,
lina.