The Biggest Fan

Gone Skating.

As I got out of the bathroom, fully dressed and wearing makeup, I saw Jepha sitting by the tiny brown-ish table.
"Hey!", he said, his forehead glistening in sweat.
“Hey”, I responded, asking if he’d gone jogging.
“Yeah. Just about to take shower now”.
“Oh, okay. Have fun”, I smiled, opening the bathroom door for him.

While I was putting down my red backpack, I spotted Quinn and Dan sitting by the small kitchen table eating cereal.
“Good mornin´!”, Dan said, his mouth full of what I think was Captain Crunch cereal.
“Good morning”, I replied, joining him and Quinn.
“You hungry?”
“Yeah. Actually, I am”.
As I was pouring cereal into the bowl Quinn had just given me, I noticed Bert was gone.

“Oh, he’s out skating, strangely enough”, Quinn said with a confused look on his face.
“Yeah, he never goes fuckin´ skating”, Dan added.
The tone in their voices was somewhat disquieting which made me worry even more.
“He never does?”, I asked Quinn, raising my eyebrows.
“Never. Not since Kate-”
“Quinn”.

There was now total silence. Quinn’s eyes were bulging after he’d just gotten interrupted by Dan.
“What?”, I asked, now even more curious than I already was.
“No, never mind”, Dan added with a smile so fake you could sense it far away.
Quinn kept his mouth as he started rummaging in his bowl of cereal.
I felt awkward as I sat there with them not saying a word. Their face expressions were like nothing I’d never seen on them before. It was uncomfortable.

I took my bowl of cereal, which was almost full and nearly touched, and took it t the kitchen There, I threw the rest of the now wet and sticky cereal and threw it in the trash can before cleaning the bowl.
I now felt the tears coming. It was all too overwhelming as I needed to lean towards the kitchen counter.
“I’m gonna go lay down for a while. I don’t feel so good”, I said as an excuse. I wanted to be left alone as I walked to the king-size bed.
I could smell Bert’s odour on his pillow. I sensed the smell of his hair while I was sniffing discreet on the pillow, gently pressing it against my face.
The sweet smell was comforting, like at a place you felt safe.

I curled up in the bed, pulling the covers over my head as I buried myself in them.
Then all the thoughts came again, like a runaway train at 180 miles per hour.
It was all too overwhelming; the smell all over the bed of Bert’s scent, the awkward conversation with Quinn and Dan and my now almost killing headache.
It had come again, the headache. Creeping like a predator, ready to attack the prey, which was me.
Again I could feel the tears coming, and this time I wasn’t strong enough to hold them back.
So they came, flooding down my cheeks and making the pillow soaking wet.
It hurt. It hurt so bad thinking of it. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on.
What was wrong with Bert?
Was I the one to blame?
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so here's the deal; i updated today 'cause i'm going on vacation right now. yay! (:
i'm leaving to the air port as we speak 'cause i'm going to the azores. : D
google it ^^
so i'll be gone for a week, which means no updates in 7 days. :[
yeah, that sucks. so therefore; i posted this update just so you can have something to nibble on until i'm back. :]]]

xo,
lina.