The Biggest Fan

Nightmares And Pancakes.

”Please. No. Please don’t go. Don’t leave me…”
The voice woke me up, making me sit up from the bed. It was Bert.
He was having some sort of dream. Or nightmare.
“No, please! I need you, baby. Come back. I need you to stay here with me!”
Bert’s voice was squeaky and whimpering, almost as he was about to burst into tears.
It was heartbreaking hearing him.

I didn’t have the heart to wake him up, so I just listened.
I tried to ‘accidentally’ bump into him with my foot in hope of making him snap out of it, but it just didn’t work.
I could hear him weep, and as much as I wanted to, I couldn’t wake him up.
It would’ve been wrong.
I lay down again, burying myself in the covers.
The light humming sound from the ship’s engine combined with Bert’s whimpering made me fall asleep once more. This time for good.

As I woke up the next morning, I was feeling quite fit, despite the fact that Bert had woken me up last night.
Nevertheless, the fact that I went to bed at 11 pm, which was early for me, really made wonders.
The rest of the guys were still sleeping and for a second there, I actually forgot that we were on a ship on our way to the US.

I carefully slipped over Bert as I got out of bed, making my way to the tiny brownish sofa for the to turn on his laptop.
I went online to add a new blog entry on my blog while checking if there were any new comments.
When I was done blogging, I decided I wanted to make a decent breakfast for the guys this morning.
Therefore, I gathered the ingredients that I needed and started making pancakes with bacon on the side.

It didn’t take long before the smell was all over the bus and I could now hear the guys getting up from their beds.
“Fuck, pancakes! Man, it’s been a while since I had that”, Jepha said, entering the kitchen area, followed by Quinn and Dan.
They were all half-dressed, only wearing tees and boxers.
“Grab a plate and sit down. It’s almost ready”, I said, frying the last pancake.
“Hey, what cha makin´?”, Bert suddenly asked, rubbing his eyes.
He was standing next to the table where the other guys were sitting, he too only wearing a tee and underwear.

“I’m making pancakes”, I responded, putting the last one on a big plate.
“Wow, I can’t remember the last time I had pancakes… It must’ve been -”
Bert didn’t say anything more. He just bit his lip and sat down next to Jepha, playing with his undone hair.
“Here”, I said, giving him a plate while serving them the pancakes and putting a jar of sugar on the table.
“And here’s some bacon for those who want that”.
“Thanks!”, Quinn replied before sprinkling some sugar on his pancake.

“I know you don’t eat meat, Jepha, so I put it on the bacon on the side. Here’s some canned blueberry jam if you like that”.
“Haha, you’ve thought of everything, haven’t you?”, he said grinning.
“Yeah”. I couldn’t stop blushing. I had to admit, I had organized this breakfast pretty good.

As we sat there, eating pancake by pancake, all 20 of them, I didn’t bother asking whether it tasted good or not.
The ‘mmm-ing’ along with the little words like ‘yummy’ and ‘tasty’ confirmed it.
It was like sharing a meal with the family I never had.
A real family; something I had been lacking since day one.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the shortness in this update, guys.
school is, yet again, demanding most of my time right now.
but over the weekend, i’ll be finishing my major school project.
i’m actually handing it in tomorrow, on friday, so wish me luck! D:
so, yeah; besides that, the updates will be longer next week. :]]]

xo,
lina.