The Biggest Fan

My Guitar Hero, Going Acoustic.

So I began playing and singing, and the grips were easy;
D-D-A7-A7-G-G-D7-D7 at the first verse and then it just kept going on the same way in the chorus.
I was flawless while playing, but my vocals had never been any more squeakier like they were when I sang.
Not even when I performed in front of my music teacher three years ago, were my vocals that bad.
I kept thinking that this was almost at the final test to see which grade I would get.
After all, Quinn was by far, the best damn guitarist I knew of, even before I met him.

“Haha, that was awesome! Another one of your hidden talents”, he said, clapping his hands.
“No, it wasn’t. My voice cracked and I messed up vocally.” I wasn’t kidding.
“Fuck that. I thought you were great. I don’t even know how to play that song, so shut up, rock star.”
‘Rock star’. That killed me. He was so nice trying to comfort me.

“Now you play something”, I said, handing him back his guitar.
It was so smooth, it practically slipped out of my hands and into his while I gave it to him.
“Okay, so what do you wanna hear, then?”, he asked looking at the guitar while doing some grips.
“I don’t know. Something from you guys would be nice.”
“What about this one?”

I could hear the tones from ‘On My Own’, vibrating out of the guitar, filling the room with harmonic tunes.
“See all those people on the ground, wasting time…”, Quinn sang in a low, hurtful key.
It was something special about this, sitting there next to him, hearing him sing.
He only played the first verse and the chorus, but it was great anyway.
I had no idea how much of a talented singer he actually was.

“Wow, Quinn, that was amazing. Ever though of going solo?”, I asked humoristically.
“Nah, I like being the guitarist. No vocals for me!”, he said smiling.
“Hey, what’re you guys doin´?”
It was Bert, coming towards us from the other end of the bus.
According to the sound that was coming from the video console, Jepha and Dan were still gaming.

“Nothin´ much, just playing some music, recruiting Lina to become the new member in the band.”
It sounded stupid coming from Quinn. I couldn’t help smiling.
“Oh, cool. Whatcha playin´?”, Bert asked, sitting down in the tiny brown-ish sofa across from where me and Quinn were sitting.

“Lina played that song called´ from ‘Love Is In the Air’ and I played somethin´ from ‘On My Own’. Did ya know she got a B+ on it in Junior High three years ago?”
“No, she didn’t tell me that”, he said, gazing over at me.
The way Bert said it almost sounded as if I was somehow obligated to tell him.

“Well, lemme hear it?”, he continued.
“No, I’m done for today. Enough recruiting for me. I wanna hear you guys now.”
I wasn’t lying. I really didn’t want to sing again, especially not in front of Bert after the awkwardness that had happened between us earlier today.

“Ahh, acoustic shit. It’s been a while since we last did that, eyh, Quinn?”
“Yeah, it really has”, he responded with a dreamy look on his face.
“So, what do you wish this time?”, Quinn continued, again gripping on his guitar.
“I’d really like to hear ‘Noise and Kisses’. It’s one of the many songs I’ve always wanted to hear live, especially acoustic”, I answered.
It was such a beautiful song. It had everything; perfect vocals, unbelievable rhythm, but most of all, amazing lyrics.

As Quinn started playing on his guitar on the intro, Bert began singing.
And even though the song originally had Jepha's bass as the main instrument, it couldn’t have sounded any better with Quinn’s guitar at that point.
I got goose bumps listening to them. It was really something special...
♠ ♠ ♠
i wasn't planning on updating today, but since i'm
going away for the weekend, i didn't wanna leave you hanging.
so i updated, just so you guys could have something to nibble on.
enjoy. : D

xo,
lina.