The Biggest Fan

Cooking.

The next day I woke up late. Really late, and it was almost 11 am when I checked the clock.
It was different this morning due to the fact that I’d been waking up at around 9 am every day, something I normally never did, and now I was suddenly back in track with waking up late.

I sensed that the air in the bus was thick and the stench of the guys was everywhere.
I’d gotten used to it, but nevertheless, I couldn’t wait until we reached shore and get the hell off of this ship, just to get some fresh air
Only a couple more hours.

I heard talking in the bus, noticing that the guys had woken up.
I felt embarrassed getting up from the bed, feeling all dirty and probably smelly too, so I needed to take a shower.
As I rushed into the bathroom, carrying my red back pack, I immediately shut the door behind me.
I looked in the mirror, and, man, did I look like shit.
Luckily, I went into the bathroom fast enough to not get noticed by any of the guys looking like I did.

My make-up was all smudged over my eyes, my cheeks were covered with what I think was eyeliner and I basically looked like hell.
Therefore, I humped into the shower, before realizing that I once again had forgotten my shampoo and conditioner.
I knew for a fact that I didn’t pack them in my back pack, so they had to be in my other bag, which was at the back of the bus along with the rest of the guys’ bags.

To solve the problem, I figured I could use Quinn’s shampoo and conditioner again. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.
After I was done showering about a quarter later, I took a fresh towel that was hanging on a knob at the wall and wrapped it around my body.

According to the mirror, I looked a hell of a lot better now than I did earlier.
Ah, the miracle water and some soap could do.
I went through my bag and found clean clothes, deciding I wanted to wear my Hove Festival tee that I’d bought the day before I saw The Used.
The black tee had all the festival’s bands and artists printed on its back and it had a really cool design.
The Used was almost at the top in white capital lettered text since they were one of the sub-headliners.

After I was fully dressed, all in black as usual, I dried my hair with the now half-wet towel and wrapped in around my head.
By doing that, I now looked like a confused version of Cleopatra meeting Aladdin.
It made me smile as I started putting on heavy black eye make-up, something I did every day.
I never used anything other than make-up around my eyes. Foundation and lip gloss just weren’t my style.

As I was done, I took the wrapped towel off of my head and headed outside of the bathroom, being met by Jepha’s warm and kind smile.
“Goooood mornin´”, he said from under a black beanie marked “Kangol.”
“Hi”, I responded, putting my red back pack up against the wall.
“Slept well?”
“Yeah. And You?”
“Like a baby”, he grinned while logging on to his laptop.

“Have you guys eaten yet?”, I suddenly asked.
“I have. Took some fruit and stuff. I think the other guys have eaten too. But I’m not sure, though. I woke up an hour ago.”
“Oh, okay. I guess I’ll go ask then. Where are they by the way?”
“Around here, I think. No, sorry. I have no idea. You’re just gonna have to go look around.”
I was funny the way Jepha said ‘look around’. I mean, we were on a bus. How many places could there be?

The others couldn’t be too far away.
The little swing door in the middle of the bus, separating the kitchen area and where the bunk beds were, was closed.
Therefore, I couldn’t determine whether the guys were behind it or not.
So I opened it and found them all by their bunk beds, doing separate things.

“Hey!”, they all said looking at me.
“Slept well, sleepy head?”, Quinn asked, doing his bed.
I pointed my tongue out to him before giving him a smile as I approached them.
Dan had just put his clothes on I thought because he was spraying himself with some sort of deodorant, making the whole room smell of fresh air.

Bert was sitting by the end of his bed, text messaging someone on his Apple iPhone.
At that point, I wondered who it might be as he eagerly kept pressing the cell phone’s buttons.
“Have you guys just woken up?”, I asked, raising my eyebrows.
“Haha, yeah. So we’re just as much of a sleepy head as you are”, Quinn said humoristically.
“Then you haven’t eaten yet?”
Even though my question was sort of already answered, I just needed a conferment.
“Nope.”
“Okay, great. Are you guys hungry? I could make some breakfast for us if that’s okay?”

“Sure, that would be great!”, Dan suddenly said, giving me a big smile, still fumbling with his bag.
“Okay, then. You all eat scrambled eggs, right?”, I asked, fully aware of Jepha vegetarism.
“Hell, yeah.”
As I walked towards the kitchen area, I put my almost dried hair in a loose ponytail, keeping it away from when I was about to make breakfast.

I started looking for items I could use while making the food, so I found a pan in the lower shelf and some eggs in the fridge. I also got a few tomatoes and half a cucumber, just to add a little extra to the food.
I took a tiny piece of butter in the pan before turning on the gas cooker.

As I was waiting for the butter to melt, I washed my hands in the kitchen sink and started cutting the tomatoes into little boats and the cucumber in thin slices.
“You need some help?”, I heard a sweet voice behind me ask. It was Quinn.
“No thank you, I got it. Just sit down, I’ll be done in a couple of minutes. But thanks anyway”, I replied smiling.
“Okay, that’s cool. Just let me know if you need any help”, he said while sitting down in the sofa group next to Jepha.

I heard the pan frizzing, meaning that the butter had melted.
So I started cracking eggs into it, one by one, all 18 of them.
I reached for some plates at the upper shelf along with forks and knives and lay three pieces of tomato and a few cucumber slices on each of the five plates.
Even though Jepha had told me he’d eaten, I still made food for him too.
You could never know.

The eggs had been lying in the pan for a couple of minutes before I mixed it all together, adding salt and pepper to it.
I found fresh bread on the kitchen counter and sliced it, making 10 slices.
I didn’t know whether the guys wanted bread with their eggs or not, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to put them on another plate, just in case someone preferred that.

The scrambled eggs were now ready. I put the mix on a big plate before putting sliced pieces of bacon in the pan.
It only took a minute or two before the bacon also was ready.
“Hey, breakfast is ready”, I said, peeking out from the kitchen area while looking at Jepha and Quinn.
They were both completely evolved at whatever they were looking at on Jepha’s laptop and did hardly noticed me.
“Just a minute” Quinn said mumbling, doing some sort of hand movement to signify that he was somehow listening to what I'd just said.
“Guys…”, I thought, shaking my head with a warm smile around my face as I turned off the gas cooker.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lame ending in this update, guys. x]
i just didn't quite know how to formulate myself myself, haha. ;D
i hope you didn't mind. (:

xo,
lina.