The Biggest Fan

'Frisco, Here We Come.

“Hey, it’s okay. It’s okay to miss someone”, Bert said, putting his hand on my shoulder.
“Yeah…”
” Did ya send it?”, he then, meaning the video as he was looking at the laptop’s screen.
“Yes, it’s sent now to the persons the video was meant for. So, what now?”
I changed the subject consciously because I knew that the more I talked about it, the more I’d miss the ones I loved back home.

“Well”, Jepha began. “We have the sound check at 4 pm, which is in two hours, and after that we’ll just have to wait until we’re on stage at 7.”
“Ah, okay.”
“Hey, meanwhile then, maybe we could go find a store and check if they sell those magazines we were talkin´ about, right, Lina?”, Bert said, looking over at me as he was just about to lit a cigarette.
“Yeah, that would be great!”
“Then it’s a date.”

“Maybe you guys should get goin´, then. It’s already 2 pm”, Jepha announced.
“Yeah, you’re probably right. Wanna come?”
“Nah, that’s okay. You guys go, we’ll just stay here and chill.”
“All right. Lina, you ready?”, Bert asked, inhaling his cigarette.

“Sure, hold on. I gotta get some money… Oh, no! I only have Norwegian money. Fuck!”
And it wasn’t until then I realized that I’d cursed.
It was funny because even though I always did that, I had actually kept my mouth around the guys.
“Relax, I’ll pay for it”, Bert said with a smile while heading out of the tour bus.
“Thanks. That’s really nice of you.”
“Forget about it. It’s the least thing I can do. So, you comin´?”
“Yeah. Bye, guys!”, I said before following him.

“Ah, fresh fuckin´ air”, Bert commented, taking a deep breath of the fresh San Francisco air.
It had been days since we last were outside due to the fact that we had to remain inside the tour bus while we were crossing the ocean in the ship on our way to the States.

“It’s really beautiful around here”, I said, admiring the big city and the surroundings.
“Yeah, you should see Utah. Like, Orem, where me and the guys grew up. Even though the weather’s not as hot as it is here and the people are shitty as hell, it’s actually a pretty nice place. You should come see it some time”, Bert said, looking over at me with a suspicious smile on his face.

“Yeah, maybe I should.”, I replied, feeling my cheeks getting warm.
“Hey, won’t people recognize you here on the street now?”, I then suddenly asked.
Bert wasn’t wearing anything that was covering up his face, preventing any fans from seeing him.
In fact, the clothes he was wearing was some black knee-high shorts and a dark tee with a simple print on it.
All I had on was some black leggings along with some black shorts and a black and red tee.
Actually, when I thought about it, we could’ve been mistaken for being a couple.

“Haha, no”, Bert replied, answering to my question.
“You see, people here in Frisco aren’t very observant. So I don’t really think they’ll notice if the fuckin´ pope came walkin´ down the street”, he said, brushing his hand through his somewhat greasy hair.
It had been days since he last took a shower. Still, I didn’t care.

“Oh, okay. That’s good, though, not to be recognized all the time and such. I mean, that must be challenging for you guys”, I said.
“Yeah, that’s the downside of succeeding in this industry, you know. But we are all extremely lucky for being able to do this, we couldn’t have asked for anything more. So we are forever grateful for every fan that comes and says hi and all. We’re used to it, but it’s relieving to just be able to walk down the street being a normal guy, you know.”

I was fascinated by the way Bert explained it, being so understanding towards the fans and respecting them, but still be able to be so down to earth.
At that point it hit me; Bert was just a completely normal guy that just happened to be in a world famous rock band.
He was grateful for what he had and for what he had accomplished in life, and by that, it made me respect him even more than I already did…
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so sorry i didn't update last night, guys. :/
it's just that i haven't quite been myself lately.
i've been feeling so weak and tired for a very long time now,
so i'm going to the doctor's next week just to check.
and also, just so you know; it's been 3 months since i first posted this story.
yay! (:

xo,
lina.