The Biggest Fan

Good Morning.

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed the bus had stopped moving. I remembered Bert telling me earlier that they were going to have a gig in Düsseldorf, Germany, so I figured out that that was where we were now.
I sat up, making sure I didn’t wake Bert up, who still was asleep next to me and pulled away the curtains in the window over my head.
As I pulled the aside, I was blinded by the sunshine’s bright light licking my face with its warmth and it filled the room.

“Mmm…”, Bert said, patting his lips for then to stretch his body.
“Sorry”, I said, pulling the curtains to block the sunshine that now was filling the entire bus.
“You up?”, he continued rubbing his eyes to wake up.
“Yeah”, I responded giving him a not-so-elegant yawn.
I could hear him laugh his girlish, but sweet laughter.
“So you’re not a so-called morning bird you either, eyh?”
“No”, I replied hiding a smile.
“Are you hungry?”, he asked with his bright eyes waiting for me to answer.
“Nah, I never have much of an appetite in the morning.”
“Me neither”.

Bert climbed out of the small bunk bed for then to gaze out of a window further down the bus.
“We’re in Germany now, aren’t we?”, I asked looking at him.
“Yeah”, he replied now looking at the laptops that were spread on a tiny brownish sofa in the corner.
“You wanna go online?”, he asked pointing at the laptops.
“Sure!”, I said giving him a grateful smile.
As I turned on the laptop, I sat down on the tiny brownish sofa, still wearing nothing but my under ware and The Used tee from yesterday’s concert.
Bert was doing some tidying up and moved some laptops away from the sofa, making more space for me to sit on.

“What’s the password? You need to type it”, I said to him as he was moving the last laptop on the sofa.
“lyncher”, he responded.
“Any capitals?”, I asked, but regretted the stupid question.
“No capitals”.
When I was done typing the password and waiting for the laptop to load all personal files, I couldn’t stop thinking of which wallpaper Bert might have on his screen.
The sight of half-naked women strutting their bosoms and showing off their asses made my stomach twist.
At my great relief, it was only a black wallpaper with a big, cartoon-like figure.

“Alex Pardee?”, I heard myself say looking at Bert.
“Yeah! How’d you know?”, he asked almost stunned.
“His artwork is amazing, one of a kind. It’s just that type of art which you recognize.”
“Totally. You know he made the layout for our new album ‘Lies For the Liars’, right?”
“Sure. How could I not know?”, I said giving him a gentle smile before going online.
The laptop had no specific homepage as an Internet site, just a blank page.
“Erm, Bert?”
“Yeah?”, he responded looking over at me with bright eyes.
“Are any sites blocked? I mean, since we’re in Germany and this is an American labelled laptop, and I’m gonna enter a Norwegian site?”
“Why’s that?”, he asked with a smirk on his face.
“Are you gonna watch porn or something? Because if you are, I can give it to you right here if you wanna.”

I could hear him laugh, and I couldn’t stop smiling.
“No”, I finally said blushing. I kept thinking of how cheesy that might have sound like.
“Of course you do”, Bert said wiggling his eyebrows with a grin on his face.
“But, yeah, about the sites”, he continued. “I guess you just have to try and see what happens.”
“Yeah”, I responded gazing at the other end of the bus, spotting Quinn, Jepha and Dan in their bunk beds.
“It’s still pretty early. 9 am or something”, he said.
“Did I fall asleep last night?”, he then asked with a question mark on his face.
“Yeah, you did. You fell asleep when I was cuddling your back.”
I felt my cheeks getting warm as I started blushing.
“Oh! Now I remember. Hah, that felt so good. We gotta do it again some time, yeah?”
“Sure”, I could hear myself saying. “But next time you’ll do me, okay?”
“Deal”, Bert said shaking my hand.
“I can’t wait to tell my mom and my friends about me being here with you guys”, I suddenly said. “I mean, hello; The fucking Used!”

I noticed Bert was laughing again with his silly, yet raspy laughter.
“Hey, wanna turn on the web cam and make ‘em all jealous?”, he suggested in an excited voice. God, was he childish. I loved it.
“Yeah!”, I burst out.
“Okay, then, let’s do it.”
As Bert turned on the web cam that was integrated inside the laptop, I couldn’t help myself from calling it high tech.
“So, you have AOL or IM or something so we can log on?”, he asked.
“No, but I have MSN. Will that do?”
“Sure”, he said loading the Messenger window so I could type my hotmail address and password.

While I was waiting for it to log me in, I started humming to the intro to The Used’s ‘Paralyzed’.
“… You know all our songs and lyrics?”, Bert asked biting one of his finger nails.
“Sure, of course I do”, I responded with my oh-so famous blushing smile.
“I am after all your biggest fan...”
♠ ♠ ♠
oh, no! another long update! :o
... well, i think i'm gonna write them this long if anyone doesn't object.
i like it that way, it gives me time to explain it all in the story. :]
[and sorry for the cheesy end on this update, i just had to have the story's title in it.] xD

xo,
lina.