The Biggest Fan

Showing Off.

"I bet you are", Bert said looking at me while my Messenger contact list was being shown.
At my big surprise, there were actually quite a few people online, even though it was 10 am pm a Saturday morning.
I spotted my best friend's status being 'online', so I couldn't help myself from saying hi.
Then, out of nowhere, Bert was laughing like a maniac, pointing at my screen name.
"bert mccrackhead.? Is that so?"
"I'm sorry", I said having a hard time not to laugh. "You absolutely rock, don't get me wrong, but the name was just so perfect for me. I couldn't help myself."
"Genius!", Bert said, laughing even more now.
By the time we'd stopped laughing, my best friend had replied.

"how's everything going back in norway?", I typed.
"Great! How's the Hove Festival? How was The Used? Wait, you are still in Norway, right? Why are you asking me how things are going here?"
I got a little embarrassed on behalf of my almost crazy best friend. She was just like that, being all neurotic and such. Gotta love her.

My best friend's questions made me look at Bert, who had the same face expression as I had.
"Wait", he said. "Ask her to put on her web cam."
"Okay", I responded, telling her to start a video conversation.
Then I asked Bert to get out of my web cam's picture.
"Why?"
"Because I say so", I answered, giving him a clever smile. "Trust me, it'll be more fun this way."

So Bert moved and sat at the end of the tiny brownish sofa, with only me being shown on the web cam.
"i'm in germany!" I typed to my best friend.
"Wtf? You are where? Why the hell are you in Germany, Lina?"
"wanna know why? ;]]]", I then asked her.
"Yeah, I wanna know!!!"

I could see by my best friend's face expression that she really didn't have a clue on what was going on.
"I can't wait to see her face right now. She's a fan of you guys too", I said to Bert before I suddenly dragged him gently by the arm towards me so also he was in the web cam's picture now.
Immediately I could see my best friend's reaction. Her eyes were bulging out, her jaw dropped and she was just sitting there, watching with fascination as she tried to understand why the hell Bert McCracken was sitting next to me.
I mean, come on! A chubby, blonde girl like me, dressed in black from top to toe? It was just unlikely.

"Ztorsszfpoooxettf!!! Is that Bert or just a hell of a look-a-like?", my best friend typed, looking like a maniac on the web cam, leaving me and Bert in an hysterical laughter.
"yeah, it really is", I replied, explaining her the whole situation and why I in the first place was on The Used's tour bus.

Quinn, Jepha and Dan had all woken up from the noise me and Bert had made by laughing.
"Hey, guys! Get the fuck over here, this is fuckin' hilarious!", Bert said with tears in his eyes.
They were all in their pyjamas boxers and under wares and God knows what as they crashed on the tiny brownish sofa where me and Bert were sitting.
Soon, we were all in the web cam's picture, showing ourselves to my best friend who was getting more and more shocked.

"What the fuck? Who the hell is that chick?", Jepha asked, pointing at the screen.
"That's my best friend, Malin", I responded.
"Hah, Malin? Strange name or what, huh?", Quinn commented with a grin on his face.
"Nah, she's okay. It's a Norwegian name", I said trying to defend her, even though I knew Quinn hadn't meant it offensive or anything.

"Hey, guys. I have this other friend on my contact list too, called Andrew. Although he claims he's not a fan of you guys anymore, I know he is, that fucking liar."
Instead of saying hi to him of any kind, I just sent him a request for a video conversation, which he immediately approved.
As we all saw his face as both of the web cams were one, I knew he was blown away.
"Not a The Used fan anymore, my ass!", I said almost screaming as I ended the conversation.

Before logging off, I said bye to Malin and told her I would keep in touch. I also sent a mail to my mom explaining where I was and telling her about the whole situation, telling her not to worry about me.
"Well, then", I suddenly announced. "I'm all set. Hah, no more explaining to anyone of why I'm here and stuff. I'm free."
I turned off the laptop and leaned back in the couch.
"Fuck, yeah! Welcome to our lives, Lina", Bert said before giving me a smile that said it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, just so you all know; this update was so funny writing. : D
simply because i promise you, that is exactly how my best friend is, and she would totally react that way as she did in the story if it had happened in real life. xD

xo,
lina.