The Biggest Fan

The First Concert Backstage.

"Hey! Who's borrowed my shampoo and conditioner?!", a squeaky voice asked from the bathroom.
"I'm sorry, Quinn, it was me", I said apologetic.
"Me too", Bert confessed, lightening a cigarette.
"Ah, man! Doesn't the note 'QUINN'S SHIT' mean anything to you guys?"
"I'm really sorry. I promise I won't do it again".
"Don't be", Bert said while taking a drag out of his cigarette. "He's just like that; hysterically compulsive and possessive!"

Jepha and Dan were both laughing, agreeing to what Bert had just said.
"So, what kind of girl are you, Lina?", Jepha suddenly asked. "Quinn's the compulsive one, Dan's the responsible one, I'm the, if I may say so myself, the friendly outgoing one, and Bert's the crazy, motherfuckin´ hot vocalist which everyone seems to love".
The last one made me laugh, even though it couldn't be more correct.

"Well", I started, not sure what I was going to say. "I guess I'm the independent one who's always had to stand up for myself."
"Yeah, totally. Me too", Bert added. "Good answer."
"Yeah, good answer."

At that point, a security guard of some sort entered the tour bus, opening the main door with what I presumed was, an universal key.
"Food's here!", he announced, carrying four bags of hot content, according to the steam that was coming out of them.
Then the security guard left as fast as he'd come.

"Finally!", Dan burst out. "Some real fuckin´ food!"
"Yeah, I'm starving. I hope it's tofu", Jepha added.
"Haha, fuck you and your vegetarism."
Bert, Quinn, Jepha and Dan each grabbed a bag of food that was placed on the table, leaving me with nothing due to the fact that we were five people and only four bags.
"Man, I hate being the fifth wheel", I mumbled to myself having an ironic expression on my face.

"Oh, I didn't think of that! Erm, I could ask the security guard to get you a bag too?", Jepha asked gentle.
"No, it's okay, I'll be fine.", I assured him, but I was revealed by my stomach's rumbling.
"Yeah, right. I heard that. Here", Bert said, giving me an extra fork, showing his plate towards me.
"Thank you", I said while smiling a shy smile.

During dinner, which I have to say was actually kinda good despite that we were in a tour bus, I felt like I was having dinner with my family.
Even though I'd never really had a real family, only my mom who almost never ate with me at the same table, this felt like the closest thing to a family I would ever get.
It felt good. It felt safe. It felt like a real home.

When we were all done eating, with only Jepha still enjoying his tofu, another security guard came, making us aware about the gig tonight.
It was almost 6 pm and it was time to get ready to get onstage. Only sound check had to be done before the show could start.

"Is it already 6 pm? So soon?", I asked almost shocked.
"Yeah. Time flies when you're on tour, right?", Dan said grinning. "I mean, all of our shit's been placed backstage and there's nothing in here that we need."
"Oh. I'll be staying in here until you're done playing, okay?", I added, leaving the guys with question marks on their faces.
"No, you're comin´ with us"´, Bert said. "You don't need to be here all alone. You can stay backstage after the gig's over if you wanna."

That made me speechless. They were actually inviting me to come with them backstage. Going backstage with The Used seemed so far away just yesterday, and now it was about to come true.
"Thank you, I would really like that", I finally said when I actually would've jumped through the ceiling, giving each and everyone of them a big hug,
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go, guys!", Bert said, making everyone leave the tour bus and entering the backstage area for tonight's gig.

We were met by two men, both security guards who were showing us the way inside the great hall where The Used were going to perform.
When we entered the hall, we were guided to a crew that was getting ready to style the guys.

"New girlfriend, Bert?", I heard a voice asking.
"No", he responded looking over at me with a smile on his face.
I was sitting on the floor at the very end of the backstage close to the stage where I could the entire stage.
After the guys had done their sound check, I could already see people coming inside the hall, filling it up and getting ready for the show.
There must've been thousands of them there, all lined up at the front and even more up where there were seats.

The clock was almost 7:30 pm as I saw the guys were getting ready to go onstage.
"Good luck", I said to them later followed by their smiles and Bert's hand on my shoulder.
And they were off! Dan and Quinn started playing, followed by Jepha's bass.
Bert started humming and I knew they were playing 'Paralyzed' as their opening song.
At that point, watching all those thousands of people, fans screaming at the top of their lungs, reaching their hands to the stage, I couldn't help but admire they guys.
They had so much courage for even being up there, performing for all those people, strangers, and I don't think anyone gives them enough credit for their courage.

'Paralyzed' was later followed by many loved songs, and at what I believed was at their last song, I could hear Bert telling the audience that he'd like them to welcome a very special person onstage,
The audience had stopped screaming, and there were almost total silence in the hall, as they all started listening to what Bert had to say.
I began wondering who this 'special' person might be as I started listening closer.

"I would like you all to welcome a person that me and the guys here haven't really know for a long time, but she's still managed to become a very special part of our hearts.
Lina, would you come out here, please?"

My heart stopped beating. My veins froze. My eyes bulged. I couldn't react.
"Go!", I heard a gentle voice telling me from behind. It was one of the female stylists that had been styling the guys before the show.

As I began walking around the black curtain that was separating the backstage area from the stage, I stumbled my way to the where the guys were standing, being met with an outstanding applause and screams from the audience that even overheard the sound of my heart which now was beating faster than ever.
I went across the stage towards Bert who was standing there with open arms and a microphone in his right hand.
He took me in his crook of his arm for then to speak to the audience.

"I've never met someone like this girl, guys, and I truly believe that she is our biggest fan."
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, the first concert with the guys backstage! :]
haha, it's such a dream coming true in the story.
hope you like the update and tell me what you think of it. (:

xoxo,
lina.