‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

Justice? - Part 1 - Mia's POV

“Have the jury reached a verdict?” the Judge asked.

“We have your honor. We find the defendant…”

I had alternated between staying with Alicia, Frank and Gerard for 8 months. If my father was found guilty I’d be put into care. And probably moved through foster families for the time I had left before I could move out. I didn’t know when they’d let me. A lot of young people in my position have become suicidal after going through what I have.

My father had abused me since I was 12. Just after my mom left. I had managed through it with the help of my best friend Alicia. She’s holding my left hand, hoping for a guilty verdict.

We snuck out to a My Chemical Romance concert. It was all fun and games until I got hit by their tourbus.

You wouldn’t think so but it did me a lot of good. If it wasn’t for my accident Gerard Way would have never taken any interest in me. I’d still be at home with my so-called-father and not in the courtroom waiting find out if he was going to prison or not. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

We came up with an almost perfect plan to get me out of the house. Away from him. We slipped up. Only slightly. But it was costly.

Gerard took a beating for me. A seriously bad one. He’s holding my left hand now. I’m sure he’d be pretty happy if my father went down too.

A lot has happened in the last, well nearly 4 years. But this is the day that it all becomes okay. This is the day that justice is served.

“… guilty!”