‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

Realisation - Part 1 - Mia's POV

“Frank?”

“What?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

I didn’t really know what it was that I was gonna ask him. I had been doing that all day, wanting to ask something about England, but it never quite fitting in my head what to ask.

“Mia?”

“What? And don’t tell me that it doesn’t matter!”

“I think something's really bugging you. And I can tell you now, it’s bugging me,” he put his arm around me. “It does matter, so tell me.”

I looked down at our feet. Both of us wearing odd Converse. A pink one and a blue one each. Gerard laughs at us for it but I always used to do it with Alicia.

“I just miss Alicia, that’s all,” I told him.

He looked at me. “No its not!”

I tilted my head to the side and looked into his eyes. For a joker, he is genuinely concerned about me. I shook my head and pushed him away. I couldn’t explain how I felt. I went to get up when he grabbed my wrist.

“I don’t know where you think you’re going,” he stated, pulling me down and into a hug. “I think I know what it is.”

I heard the door open and pulled away from Frank to see that Gerard had just come back from shopping.

“Go talk to him,” Frank whispered. “He’ll help.”