‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

Are You Kidding Me? - Part 2 - Gerard's POV

“You can’t make me take you shopping, I won’t have any money left,” I laughed. “It’s simply unfair!”

“Oh so it’s unfair for me to make you take me shopping, but you and the guys can make me go on a rollercoaster,” she replied. “That’s what I think isn’t fair.”

“Mia?”

“Don’t ‘Mia?’ me! You do this all the time!” she yelled. “Every time you know you’re wrong you act like you don’t understand. It drives me mad!”

She couldn’t be more wrong. A lot of the time I actually don’t know what I’ve done wrong, she’s a very emotional and confusing person. I know it’s not her fault. Her ‘father’ did this to her. She can’t help what he’s made her.

“I thought I was escaping being made to do things when I got out of my fathers place!” she continued. “I think the beating he gave you has messed up your mind in some way!”

“If you really didn’t want to go on the rollercoaster you didn’t have to. Nobody was going to force you if you really didn’t want to!” I protested. “We all just thought you had given in!”

“That’s because I'm used to just giving in,” she started to cry. “Because if I didn’t I would only get hurt!”

“Mia, I'm sorry. You should have just said that you really didn’t want to go and nobody would have forced you,” I protested again. “I'm not like him. You can tell me no. I won’t hurt you.”

“I can’t say no,” she cried. “I just can’t do it. For me no means pain. It’s just what I'm used to!”

“Mia…”

“You wouldn’t understand!”

She turned and walked away from me. I went after her and engulfed her into a hug, hoping that she’d forgive me. Tears started pouring down her snow white cheeks.

“Please Gee, just get off me,” she whispered.

“I'm sorry,” I muttered, letting go of her.

“Sorry doesn’t make it go away,” she said. “sorry isn’t the be-all and end-all of it. Sorry won't make me happy!”

“Mia! Calm down!”

“Why should I calm down? Sorry isn’t good enough Gerard!” she yelled. She ran into her bedroom slamming the door behind her. I pressed my ear to the wood and I heard her sobbing.

My poor Mia.