‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

Do You Drink? - Mia's POV

“Do you drink, Mia?” Jenny piped up. I was surprised how well she managed to talk; considering the restriction of movement whilst wearing these face packs.

“I can't say I ever have,” I just about managed to reply.

“Oh my god!” Kelly moaned.

“You’ll have to come out with us, girl!” Jenny jumped up.

“Well I don’t know what my dad would…”

“Come on!” Jenny interrupted; attempting to smile. “Time to wash these off.”

*

“So yeah, Friday night?” Kelly and I were chatting while Jenny was talking to her mum. “At least I think its Friday…”

I shrugged my shoulders. How was I supposed to know?

“Jenny is it Friday night were going out?” Kelly called down the stairs.

“Yeah now do shut up,” came the annoyed reply.

“So are you going to come then?” Kelly asked. “I’m practically begging you here.”

“I can ask my dad, I don’t know what he’ll say…”

“Don’t tell him were drinking, that will guarantee a no!”

Like I didn’t already know that. Her parents would guarantee a no to going out drinking, but my parent was Gerard Way. An ex-alcoholic. I’d probably get grounded for just thinking of going out drinking.

“I’ll do my best, but I can't promise he’ll let me.”

In a way I almost wanted him to say no.