Status: On hiatus.

This Could All End in Tears

02

Brian's morning began with gentle beams of sunlight filtering through his shier black curtains. He blinked a few times lazily, and looked over at his gorgeous fiancé beside him.

He smiled, still half asleep and tightened his arm around her. He propped himself on his elbow so he could take in the picture before him more clearly. Her dark hair and Italian features had already been memorized long ago, but it seemed be could never get enough of her.

He moved some of the hair out of her face and kissed her bare shoulder softly before he crawled carefully out of their bed and put their strewn clothes in the hamper. He threw on a pair of boxers, but couldn't bring himself to wake up his lover just yet.

Ava was a bit of a handful now that she was at that horrible stage all toddlers go through, and he knew his wife could use all the rest she could get.

He walked down the hallway to his baby's room and peaked inside. She still had her eyes closed, clutching Milo, only now her head was at the opposite end of the bed and one of her little legs was hanging over the side. Brian shook his head, amused at his little girl. Her mother had done that sometimes, but not since Brian had gotten in the habit of keeping his arm around her while they slept.

He picked Ava up and set her the right way in her bed, rubbing the palm of his hand over the top of her head and kissing her cheek. There was nothing he wouldn't do for his baby girl- and god help the poor fool who tried to break her heart. Brian didn't think he had to worry much though. All the guys agreed that she was going to grow up to be a heart breaker, just like her mama. He wrapped a blanket around her small chubby little body, leaving the door wide open as he left.

He looked around as he made his way to his kitchen. His home was large (but not too large) and beautiful, certainly. He had artwork all over his walls (most of which were gifts from Manda, either painted herself or purchased) and he had so much money in the bank Ava's grandchildren would all have their collage tuition paid for without question.

He had a job he loved and a family he loved more than that. He had friends that were like his brothers and he knew he could never appreciate all he had enough. A disgruntled huff came from Ruben, their St. Bernard, and a permanent fixture of the kitchen floor. They had had him since he was a little puppy.

He'd bitten more than a few people for raising their voices to his owners, and could be absolutely vicious when someone he didn't trust got near Ava, but otherwise he just chilled.

He tended to lounge as close to his dog treats as possible, which was an effective tactic, seeing as that almost always made Brian trip over him, and then he felt compelled to give him an apologetic dog biscuit.

Brian gave his loyal hound a pat on the head and headed to his stainless steal refrigerator, bypassing the leftovers and produce to grab the eggs and the milk. He set this on the counter, getting the rest of what he needed. As he stirred the sizzling scrambled eggs with the spatula, he began humming to himself.

I don't want anybody else. When I think about you I touch myself... He and Meg had danced to that song a few times, and it always made him think of her. He began shaking his ass and singing the song as he got more into frying up the bacon, having finished with the eggs.

"I close my eyes and see you before me. Think I would die if you were to ignore me. Have a look and see just how much I adore you. I'd get down on my knees, I'd do anything for you!" Megan's clapping interrupted him before he could get back to the chorus. He turned around to see her leaning sleepily against the door frame, one of his shirts thrown over her shoulders, her hair still messy. He took a bow for her, turning back to his bacon and emptying it onto the awaiting plate.

Meg grabbed the waffle mix and began pouring, but her man took the bowl from her hands as soon as he could without spilling it and set it back down on the counter. She looked at him confused but he just took her upper arms in his hands and kissed her forehead gently.
"You get the morning off, Mama. I don't want to see you lift another finger as long as I'm in the house."

"I can live with that." Megan leaned up and gave him a light kiss. As she turned to walk toward the breakfast bar she felt a slap on her ass. By the time she spun around Brian was tending to breakfast with an innocent expression on his face. "Horndog…" Once again she turned to sit in her usual place by the bowl of fruit, this time without and unexpected physical contact. She sat there, bored, so she turned to her laptop- one of the many. She kept this one down here simply because she could see the living room from the breakfast nook so she could watch Ava while she was on it.

She checked the news, then her mail, and found little new and exciting. A hand found her hip; a glass of orange juice was set down next to her. Two familiar lips were caressing her neck with kisses, Brian's other arm winding around her waist as his hand slid up to her bare thigh.

"Babe, not now. I’m barely conscious as it is," Megan replied, sleep still obvious in her voice.

"You make it hard not to." He pecked her cheek and then kissed her lips more passionately. His arms were still around his soon to be wife when the patter of little feet could be heard coming their way.

"Mama? Daddy?" Ava's voice was quiet with morning.

"Yes, Pickle?" Brain asked, smiling in his pure happiness. He picked her up, noticing Milo in his daughter’s grip and giving the penguin a little kiss for the benefit of her sweet laughter.

"Milo kissies!" she giggled.

"That's right baby, I gave Milo a kissy. You can have one too; if you want." Megan laughed at their antics as Ava nodded her head.

"Ava kissies!" He gave her a wet smooch, handing her off to her mother at Meg's gesture. Brian brought the breakfast food over, pouring Ava her favorite drink- apple juice. He poured two mugs of coffee and set them by their plates.

"Daddy? I coffee?" Ava asked sweetly. She wasn't even three and already she had her parents' addiction.

"No baby, you're too little. When you get bigger you can have some, but it isn't good for you now." She pouted, but Brian just leaned over to his wife's lap and kissed her head. It was so hard to say no to her at all that he wasn't sure how he did it.

As they finished eating Brian cleaned up, putting all the dishes in the dishwasher and the food and condiments away. Meg tried to help, but he refused to let her. She ended up sulking in the living room where Ava was watching Spongebob.

Ava sat on the floor with Milo and their old hound Ruben, in one of his rare appearances more than ten feet from where the food was kept.

Megan was curled up on the couch, watching her daughter alternate between staring at the screen and petting Ruben, who was lavishing in the attention so much he actually thumped his tail against the carpet a few times.

"Ruboo good, Mama." Ava smiled up at her.

"Yeah, he is a good boy, aren't you Ru?" The dog sort of snorted and gave a little bark.

Brian hopped over the back of the couch, swinging his arm around Meg, who was busy lounging backward and shrieking at the sudden and unexpected move. He just smiled like a child and kissed her in penance.

"You have a job today, don’t you babe?" Megan remembered mournfully. She used to go with him whether they needed her technical expertise or not, but not that they had Ava she could no longer do that. Not only was Brian the second in command of his team, but he was the ballistics man, so every job the group agreed to or decided on just about required his help. Megan, on the other hand, was just their computer genius so almost all of what she did could be done remotely.

More and more she was either inventing gadgets for them or checking them over and testing them instead of manually hacking into alarms and laptops.

"Yeah, but it's only a one day thing. Get in; grab a few diamonds and leave. I'm gonna be back by midnight, and I'm sure Val would love for Ava to have a play date with Jack. They can run around being the crazy little monsters we all know they are, and you and her can have guzzle coffee and talk about whatever the fuck it is women talk about when they're alone."

"Bri, you’ve had a lot of jobs lately. I miss you."

"I'll make sure you're needed on the next one in the field, okay my little Italian Hot Tamale?" Meg laughed at the nickname and had to agree. Val usually watched Ava since she wasn't so much a mercenary as a manager. If she couldn't do it for some reason then one of the Berry brothers could always be trusted with the children.

They could goof all day, but when it came time to be serious, they were infallible. Megan trusted few people more.

She meant to give her fiancé a quick, but loving kiss. Somehow it turned into a full make-out session, which was only interrupted when Ava noticed and said, "Eww, Mama daddy kissies!"

"Yup. Daddy loves mommy and kisses her as much as he can," Brian told his baby, kissing his wife another time for emphasis.

"Don’t start something you can’t finish, Brian."

It wasn't much later that Brian had to start getting ready to meet the guys. Ava was down for her afternoon nap a little early so she wouldn't get all teary when Brian left. She loved her daddy and since he was home most of the time she got really upset when he had to leave, even if it was only for a day.

Brian grabbed a clean shirt, boxers and some jeans before peaking conspiratorially at his lover. She was sitting on their bed with her back facing him pounding out some sort of new program on one of her best laptops. She smiled a little as she felt the bed sink around her, but didn't slow her fingers down from their mock 5 speed.

Brian liked this little game. Making her pay attention to him was one of his favorite pastimes. His hands went to the hem of her shirt, pushing it up and resting them on her stomach as he nibbled her ear seductively.

"Save whatever you're working on," he whispered, just enough gravel in his voice to make a shudder flash down her spine.

She hit the save button, closing the computer without turning it off and pushing it off her lap so it was near the foot of the bed. Brian continued to kiss all the way around her neck, grazing his teeth over her most sensitive spot, eliciting a gasp. He smirked against her skin, pressing his lips expertly from the base of her jaw to her lips.

Megan tilted her head into his affection as much as she could, groaning as he teased her flesh with his fingertips. He pulled away for air first, nibbling at her lower lip playfully a second before he lifted her up in his arms.

"Brian, what are you doing?" she squealed out.

"Don't worry babe, nothing’s gonna happen. I got you." He kissed her nose, nuzzling into her neck a little before grabbing his clothes from where he left them on the bed.

"Where the hell are we going?" She giggled quietly, careful not to wake up Ava.

"I have to shower, don't I?" He smirked again, god help her, and stole another kiss, while simultaneously opening the door to their adjoining bathroom. He locked the door and set her down on the sink counter, running his hands down her legs before pulling off his shirt.

She ran her fingers over his perfect chest, marveling once again at how delectable her husband was. He closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling. She leaned over and kissed over his heart, wrapping her arms around his neck and murmuring, "I love you," because she did.

Brian kissed her nose and whispered, "I love you too, baby." His palms, resting on her thighs ran up her shirt, pulling it from her body and throwing it to the side. He could only grin at his wife's beauty, pressing kisses over her collarbone and nibbling as her shaky hands yanked his boxers downwards. He stepped out of them; still busy adorning her pulse point with his lips.

His hands slid down her sides to her black and pink horizontally striped undies. He slipped his fingers inside the waste band, hearing her moan as he bit down in just the right place.

He discarded the bottoms, picking her up and pressing her to him while her legs wrapped around his waist, walking the both of them into their large glass enclosed shower. He pressed her back against the side, reaching out to turn the water on luke warm.

He kissed down her shoulder, her arm and then each other her fingertips. Taking a second to watch the droplets of water splash against her white gold engagement ring, the diamonds glistening as they always did.

"You know, I’m still in love with this ring."

He smiled kissing her again. "Anything for you, Hun." Megan grabbed the Garnier Fructis shampoo and squirted some on Brian's rebellious hair, rubbing it in while he kissed over her chest, down to her stomach, blowing a raspberry by her belly button and making her erupt in giggles.

"You ass! You know I hate it when you do that."

"I happen to have a very nice ass, thank you. So do you." He slipped his hands over her bottom, giving it a squeeze, only to be hit lightly on the arm for his daring.

"What is it with your hands always on my ass?" She smirked.

"Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the fact that they have the most beautiful fiancé in the world?" he asked suavely.

Instead of replying she just pushed his hair under the force of the water, rinsing it for him. He kissed her, running his hands up to her chest. She gripped his clean hair in her hands, tugging it. The both moaned into the kiss.

"I never know whether to feel dirty or clean after a shower with you," Brian laughed as he toweled off his hair.

"Hah, living with you I almost never feel clean." He laughed and leaned over for a kiss. "What do you think I am? A fucking machine?" Brian pouted.

"You tease," he accused as she swayed her hips walking out.

"You love it," she replied doing a little dance.

Brian shook his head with a laugh, getting out his super strength gel and carefully started messing up his hair so it looked like he just stepped out of an orgy. He precisely applied his eyeliner. His love never ended her jealousy at the fact that he was better at that than she was.

He smoothed out the Famous Stars and Straps shirt he'd gotten from Megan for Christmas last year, and went back into their room so he could choose which belts he wanted to wear.

Slipping on one of his favorites since high school, one he'd just bought, and one Ava had picked out for him for Father's Day, he noticed his beloved was no longer in the room. He walked down the hall to Ava's room, seeing her sleeping snugly. Not being able to resist he tip toed in and gave her a father's kiss on her forehead. Nothing was cuter than his child while she was sleeping.

He wandered down the stairs calling out softly to his wife. He found her curled on the couch with the newest KERANG. She looked up and smiled brilliantly at him, puckering her lips childishly for a kiss. He grinned, indulging her and then heading into the kitchen to grab a can of Coke. Megan followed him, watching as he peeled a banana, scarfing it down. He always did like to have a snack after a morning of activity.

While she was thinking about him his eyes were roaming over her. She'd dressed in skinny jeans, a pair of DC shoes, and a DCMA shirt, with two dog tags dangling from her neck. She was sipping on another cup of coffee, which she'd obviously just made since the pot from the morning had long since been finished.

"You're going to be more hyper than our baby girl if you keep it up," he teased.

"Eh, that never stopped me before." She smiled.

Brian sighed, looking at the clock and realizing he had to go now before he was late or Ava woke up.

"I better be off." She nodded, setting down her coffee and walking over to him. Her arms found their place around his neck, and his hands took their position in her back pockets.

"I love you," she confided, leaning her head up and kissing him.

"Well so do I," he replied cheekily. She hit him, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"You’re such a cocky sonofabitch."

"You know it baby. But I'm the sonofabitch that's fucking completely head over heels in love with you." She scoffed, kissing him anyway.

"You’re lucky I’m marrying you, Mr. Gates."

"I know." They kissed a few more times innocently, before they both reluctantly agreed that he had to leave and if they kept this up he never would. He kissed her one last time, each whispering their love before he grabbed his keys and his Coke and went to work.

The day was perfect, and the job he was about to go on was not only easy, but also close to home. He was soaring.

Megan stretched, putting her mug in the dishwasher deciding that by the time one felt like they could compete in every event in the Olympics, and still not be tired, that they had enough caffeine.

She straightened up the living room a bit, collecting Ava's toys and bringing them up to her room. She put them away as quietly as she could, managing not to wake her daughter. She brushed the hair out of Ava's face, her now lopsided piggy tails not being effective in holding it anymore.

She glanced at her watch, noticing that it was only about twenty minutes until Ava had to be woken up for her lunch. She let Ruben out into his fenced off area in the backyard so he could do his business before running back upstairs. She picked out a cute outfit: jeans, a Guns N’ Roses shirt, and a little pair of DCs. Ava’s parents had influenced her too much for her own good.

She laid these out by her daughter running downstairs to whip up some grilled cheese for the two of them, and get a juice box out for the baby.

She turned the TV on so they could watch it while they ate and let Ruben outside into his little fenced off area so he could do his business. Then went back up to wake up her little girl.

She crouched down next to her baby, gently touching her shoulder and shaking a little.

"Ava, come on. It’s time for lunch."

"Mama?" Ava asked, yawning.

"Yeah, baby. It’s me." Meg replied, while brushing Ava’s hair out of her sleepy eyes.

"Daddy?" she asked curiously, looking around for him.

"Daddy had to go do some things at work, but he’ll be home soon." Ava pouted, her whole chin trembling and her eyes watering.

"I want Daddy!" she whined.

"Cheer up, Dollface. I made us some grilled cheese and some apple juice!"

"Okay." She sat up, stretching with a little yawn. "I want daddy home," she said in a serious voice.

“He’ll be home before you know it, Ava. I promise."

"Okay," She pouted.

"Stand up, sweetie." Ava complied for her mother, letting her unzip her footy pajamas and pull them off her. She held up her arms for her shirt and didn't fight her mother at all. She smiled when she looked in the mirror. She tugged one of her messy piggy tails out as her mother grabbed a brush and some spray.

"Hair mama?" she asked, standing in front of her mirror while tugging the other piggy tail out.

"Yup. I have some special spray, so no more ouchies this time." It only took Megan a few minutes to brush out all the snarls and put her daughter’s hair into a little bun which the girl loved. She picked up her baby, carrying her downstairs.

"Lunch time!" She set her daughter down.

"Mama!" Ava screamed, the sound making Megan whip around in a flash, looking for danger. "Milo!"

"How could we forget Milo?" She sighed. "Go sit down in the living room and watch TV, while I go get him, okay?” She jogged up the steps, beginning to feel short of breath with all of this running around. She grabbed the penguin, sprinting back down the stairs when she heard the phone ring.

"Mama!" Ava called.

"I got it, Ava." She jogged over to the phone hanging on the wall in the kitchen.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, Meg, it's Val. Matt is running a little late today. Jack has a fever and threw up and we were thinking about taking him to the doctor's. Anyway, he just left and I was trying to catch Brian to let him know."

"You just missed him, but you can call him on his cell."

"Thanks Meg. I better do that now, but I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

"Okay, I’ll talk to you later."

"Bye."

Megan hung up, Picking up Ava, who was standing in front of the couch rather than sitting on it and bouncing the girl on her hip. She was so distracted by Spongebob that she barely even noticed.

She was about to show her the penguin when the phone rang again. Groaning she set the girl back on her feet and went to answer it. Ava noticed she was there and tugged on her shirt, delaying her.

"Mama?"

"Hold on a second, honey." The answering machine had started a second before Megan got there, but she grabbed the receiver anyway.

"Hello?"

"Thank fuck, Meg! Listen-" but she was cut off by a scream
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit is gonna start getting good now. :D

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

In other news, I am Cornholio.

-Mego