Status: On hiatus.

This Could All End in Tears

06

Manda was grinding up against Bam and Matty. She'd convinced them to get fucked up with her, mostly so she could forget everything thaty had happened in the last twenty four hours. They had the same thing in mind. She grabbed Bam's hips, curling a few of her fingers through his belt loops and around his belt. She pulled him even closer to her and simultaneously thrust her ass more into Matt. Bam's whole living room was full of the usual crowd of people. When the song ended and Pantera came on, Manda leaped up on the table and started dancing there.

Eventually, she and Bam even convinced Matt to do the Tarzan Swing off of the rope he had hanging from his ceiling. Bam went first, a few members of the Bloodhound gang helping to catch him when he landed. He in turn caught Manda, and then they watched as Matt hopped nimbly to his feet before loosing his balance and falling flat on his face. They all laughed, helping him up just as DiCo came in with a leaf blower.

Matt cringed as he was called next for a dare. He was to eat a tablespoon full of spinach and cream cheese- how these sick fuckers came up with this shit he would never know. He wadded the unlikely combination onto his spoon from the bowl Dunn had mixed it in and sent it flying towards his mouth only to have it get stuck to his nose. He just sat there, completely confused as everyone laughed. His vision doubled and he nearly fell over when he attempted to get up for a paper towel. Dunn, who was somewhat more sober, handed him a wet washcloth, which sloppily got the job done.

"I guess that's good enough," Bam conceded, wiping the water from his eyes. Without warning he flipped himself over the back of the couch and landed in a heap on the other side. While everyone was busy enjoying his stupidity, he got back on his feet and pulled some more bottles of alcohol from a cabinet. They'd thrown most of the people out long ago, and now it was just their friends in the castle, hanging out in the pirate bar while the sun rose outside.

He almost tripped over Amanda, who was lying on her back on the floor, staring up at the ceiling while it moved. As a typical rule, whenever she was in a stressful situation off the job, she liked to get fucked up. No other two words could actually describe her at the moment. Bam plopped down next to her, doing his best not to spill any of the precious liquid as he poured it out into glass after glass. He and Amanda toasted before throwing back their shots.

Manda groaned as she woke to a glaring light in her face. She threw her arm over her eyes, feeling like shit was clogging her veins and battery acid was corroding her brain. After a few minutes she felt capable enough to groan, roll over and crawl to a window, throwing up outside of it. She realized that she was in the Treetop Casino when she felt the wood grain beneath her fingertips. At that moment she also felt the breeze that assaulted her vulnerable flesh and noticed that she was in nothing but her underwear and socks.

She slumped back against the wall, her vision swiveling at even that small movement. She surveyed her friends, seeing each of them in her underwear and feeling almost instantly better about whatever choices she may have made last night. She didn’t see Meg there, so she probably got away from drunken group before they invaded the Casino. Clothes were strewn about the whole casino, making it way too difficult for her to actually find hers amidst the bunch of them without coffee. She grabbed whatever was closest to her hand- Bam's leather pants and Motorhead shirt. They didn't fit great, but she was just satisfied at being covered. She stole Bam's beanie on her way to crawling towards the stairs. It must have taken her ten minutes to get there, only to realize with a sickening dread that it was unlikely she would make it down in one piece.

Miraculously, forty five minutes later she was sitting on the counter of the pirate bar, waiting for the coffee to brew and the painkillers to kick in. Trooper, who had been locked safely in the spare room all through the party, was sitting at her feet, his head coming up to about her knees. She absently stroked his head as her mind began functioning again and she got back into game mode.

A very large moist thing lapping at her fingers brought her back to the present. With two sharp barks, and his eyes trained on the outside door, Amanda realized he must have heard two people approaching from that direction. She snatched the kitchen knife from next to her hand out of habit, but it turned out only to be Dunn and Rake.

"What is this? Dress Like Bam Day?" Dunn asked after eying her outfit.

"Yeah, seriously. I can't believe you guys are all dressed up in his clothes." Rake just had to add as the pair ravaged the painkillers desperately.

"What are you talking about? Who else is dressed in Bam's clothes?" Amanda was now only twirling the knife idlely in her hands, wondering if she could cut Rake's hair from where she was.

"Dico, Evil Jared, and Rabb are all out in the woods looking for their clothes. I guess they all went up the Treetop Casino when they were wasted last night and-" Manda rolled her eyes, phasing out Dunn and focusing on her coffee. "Apparently they each think someone else must have taken their shit. Don't tell them I saw them tied to a brick at the bottom of the pool," he told her with a devilish look on his bearded face. Amanda shook her head.

He sat at the table with a cup of coffee and the morning paper while Rake ran off to get a shower. Amanda sighed, getting another cup o’ joe, and leaning back on the countertop. Her fingertips absently brushed over her beast of a puppy while her mind was a million miles away.

Soon after, Ryan went to shower and do some other things, leaving Manda alone in the kitchen. Bam shuffled in, wearing nothing but his boxers from the previous night and ruffling his curly brown hair with one hand. He turned his bloodshot eyes on the girl sitting on his counter and made his way over to her. He flung his arms around her waist and tucked his head down so that it was resting on her shoulder. She rubbed his warm back gently, humming to him because she knew it always calmed him down and he looked like shit. After a while she started to undo the knots in his wild hair enough to play with it.

"Mmph, what would I do without you?" he mumbled. Amanda was sure he hadn't meant for her to hear- he was never the most comfortable with expressing his feelings. So she just leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"Surely you'd wither up and die." He clutched her more tightly, grumbling in objection. "Bammy, I'm gonna be just fine. I've been on hundreds or maybe even thousands of missions. Don't get your panties in a twist about this. I'll come home in a few weeks and everything will be back to normal, only this time Meg will have her baby back."

"I know." He was still sulky. Amanda sighed, knowing there was nothing she could do and just went back to soothing him the best way she knew how. He'd always loved her voice and even ragged on her for not becoming a singer when she had the chance.

"You bitch! Get me coffee!" Meg ordered as she entered the kitchen. She was still kind of pissed about the party although she knew it was necessary. Alcoholism ran rampant in Amanda's family and Megan was always concerned there might come a day when her best friend became a little too dependent on drowning her problems with whiskey.

"Get your own damn coffee, whore." Manda stuck her tongue out at her friend, hopping off the counter to grab some breakfast for Trooper, who had been waiting very patiently for her to remember. His tail began wagging as he watched her pour the dry food into an extra dish. Bam's dog was with his parents at their house currently, and thankfully the cats seemed to know better than to be around Troop by now.

"When does the plane leave again?" Bam asked over his steaming mugs they all stood around some moments later.

"Way too soon," Manda replied with a glance at the clock. She swigged the last of her coffee and dropped the mug in the sink. Matt went off to load the luggage in the Hummer, While Meg and Manda said their goodbyes.

"How come Bam gets to go with you and we have to stay here?" Rabb whined as he waited for his turn to hug Manda.

"Because I said so, that's why." She smiled warmly at her friend. Their exchange was interrupted by the high-pitched scream of one of Bam's cats. Manda looked down at her side to find Trooper absent. "God damn you, dog!" she screamed running after Bam.

A quick stop by Manda's 'Fortress' to grab some supplies were all that was left on the agenda before take-off. Matt, Bam and Trooper waited in the living room; Matt and Bam talking about some of the crazier stories they had to offer, and Trooper studiously dismantling a teddy bear Manda had bought for him. Unbeknownst to them, the women were secretly convening upstairs.

"What's up buttercup?" Manda asked Meg.

"The part we gave you is way more dangerous than what I said in front of Bam. There's a really nice chance you might actually die." Megan’s concern was self-evident.

"Well, if that's what it takes to get Ava back, then that's what I'll have to do, won't I?" Manda zippered up the last of her suitcases- she had habitually had luggage packed, just in case. "So what do you really need me to do?"

"I'm not entirely sure yet because there's still a lot of Recon that needs to be done and stuff but we pretty much decided on either a Susie Q or an Over Under."

"Do you think it'll be something flashy? A lot of explosives? Guns? Do I get to kill people?"

Megan smiled at this. "You're way to excited for this shit, man"

"I always have been. Oh, one other thing you should probably know. Craig told me the name of the guy who hired the teams who broke into your house; a lowlife called Brownstone. He's supposed to come threw with more info for me but I took the initiative and looked around a bit on my own. Apparently he's a real bottom-feeder. He's not the shiniest waffle on the stack but he seems to think he is, which could work out really nicely for us."

"You know, that's the sort of thing I probably should have told Brian when I called him last night. It would have been nice to know." Megan signed, pulling out her phone to text Brian.

"Yeah, well I was afraid to say the name in front of Bam. In case something happens." Megan nodded.

"Good thinking, chick."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. :]