Status: I'm back on it...More to come soon!

I Told Myself That I Wouldn't Miss You, but I Remember What It Feels Like Beside You

Undone

It's been three months and everything has been better than ever. I've been thinking that I am getting the flu, but it can't be that because my breasts are tender. Brian and I were lying in bed one morning before Olivia woke up. "Andie, I'm getting worried about you."
"Why?"
"Your throwing up and your boobs are sore."
"Point?"
"I'm calling the doctor."
"Bri, your-" It hit me all of the sudden. I ran to the bathroom and emptied my stomach into the bowl. Brian came in and held my hair. It was then that it had kicked in that I might not be getting a simple flu. "Can you go get my phone?"
"Sure."
He left and came back a few minutes later, phone in hand. I scrolled through my contacts and found the number for the OB/GYN. "Yes. I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. Smith sometime during the week...you can get me in today?...that's wonderful...I'll be in then. Thank you very much."
"When is it?"
"It's in a hour."
"Do you want me to come?"
"Well..." I was walking back to the bedroom to get dressed for the day. "You don't need to besides what about Olivia?"
"Oh yea..."
I kissed him. "Go back to sleep. I'll be back soon."

They had me perform several tests and they said that they'd call me later on in the day with the results. We were at Matt's house doing nothing but talking when the Dr.'s office called. I walked into the kitchen to take the call. "Hello?...This is her...I- What?!...No. Just caught me by surprise...Thanks Helen, I'll call tomorrow about another one." I hung up and sat on the floor.
I guess I had been there for a while when Brian came in to check on me. "Andie, you don't look so good. What's the matter?"
"I'm pregnant."
"What?"
Tears start to flow out of my eyes. "I'm-I'm-pregnant."
He got wide eyed and sat opposite of me leaning against the island. Common sense kicked in and he held me to him to calm me down. Val came in to see what was wrong. "Are you guys alright?"
"We just found out that she's pregnant."
"Do you want me to leave you guys alone or do you want me to stay?"
I was still blubbering like an idiot. "Give us a few minutes?"
She gave a weak smile and went back into the den. There was soft footsteps coming in our direction and then Olivia showed up. "Mommy are you okay?"
I finally got myself under control. "I'm going to have a baby."
"Huh?"
"You're going to have a little brother or sister."
"Can we go get him now?"
"Now we have to wait sweetheart."
She crawled into Bri's lap and sucked her thumb. Brian looked at her and asked, "Are you getting sleepy?"
She nodded and we decided to go home now. We said our good-bye's and told Val we'd tell everyone another day. We got to my apartment and I immediately went and put my pj's on, then crawled into bed. Brian joined me after tucking in Olivia. "Are you doing okay?"
"I'm just shocked that it happened again."
We were laying side by side so I turned to face him. "I hope it's a boy."
"Why?"
"Well we already have a girl so we need a boy."
I smiled. "A Brian Elwin Haner III."
"No."
"But I like your name."
"Yes well I think my opinion counts so we are not naming it that."
I rubbed my hand up and down his chest. "I'm starting to get excited..."
"Why?"
"Because I won't have to deal with this pregnancy alone."
I smiled so he knew I wasn't bitter over it. He kissed my lips. "I'll be there every step of the way."