Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas

Hello Nurse

Kevin groaned as he lay back in the hospital bed, “But mom, I’m not that sick. Why can’t I just go back to the hotel and rest?”

Denise sighed, “Kevin you passed out on stage during sound check. Something is obviously wrong, and I for one am not leaving this hospital until you are at least checked out.”

“What about the concert? I can’t miss it.” Kevin said crossing his arms.

“If we have to, we will reschedule. Your health comes first, the fans will understand.”

Kevin sighed, “Okay mom you win but”

A knock on the door interrupted him and as the door opened Kevin found himself hoping he would be spending the night.

Kevin stared at the vision before him; she had to have been the most beautiful person he had ever seen. She had slightly curly shoulder length blond hair, brown eyes, a slender yet athletic build, and she was dressed in pink scrubs.

The girls smiled up at him, “Good morning, Mr.,” The girl looked down at her chart in shock and looked back up at Kevin once more.

The girl blushed, “Jonas, My name’s Kylee and I’ll be your nurse today. I just need to collect your vitals and ask you a few questions then the doctor will be with you shortly.”

As Kevin nodded, Mrs. Jonas spoke up, “Kevin, I’m gonna step out and call your dad okay.”

Kevin watched as Kylee pulled the privacy curtain closed and began to put her gloves on. He silently followed her instructions as she took his temperature. When the gauge beeped Kylee took the thermometer out of his mouth, threw the cover away and scribbled down her findings. Next she took the blood pressure cuff off the wall and placed it around his left arm and placed her stethoscope slightly under it. As she began to pump the cuff up, Kevin really got the chance to look at her.

She had an intense look of concentration on her face as she stared at the gauge on the wall. Her almond shaped eyes were a deep chocolate color and she had some of the longest lashes Kevin had ever seen. Her hair was a dark honey blond and Kevin found himself wondering if it was as soft as it looked. Next were her lips, which were plump and just right for kissing. Kevin found himself blushing as he wondered what taste he would find on those lips.

Kevin jumped at the sound of Velcro being pulled apart. As she placed the blood pressure cuff back on the wall he blushed once more; he didn’t even notice her getting his blood pressure. He watched her as she pulled up a stool scribbled something on his chart and sat down.

She turned to him and smiled, “Alright Mr. J”

“Call me Kevin, my dad’s Mr. Jonas,” Kevin said as he scrunched his nose.

Kylee laughed, “Alright then, Kevin. So, Kevin what brings you here today?”

Kevin shrugged, “I passed out at sound check and my mom insisted I come here.”

Kylee scribbled notes on his chart, “Okay, well can you explain exactly what happened before you passed out. For example, were you dizzy or nauseous?”

Kevin scratched the back of his neck, “Well, we had just finished sound check and I sat my guitar down. I was about to head back stage when I got a chill of sorts. I was cold and clammy, which I remember thinking was weird because not two minutes before I had been really hot. I remember getting really dizzy and then the next thing I knew I was being slapped by my brother.”

“Was it Joe or Nick?” Kylee said with a laugh.

“You’re a fan,” He teased.

Kylee smiled, “Yep, guilty. I have been for a long time.”

“That’s definitely not the reaction I’m used to getting,” He said with a smile.

“Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to meet you but it’s not very professional to scream at your patient first thing in the morning and trust me my inner fan girl is going wild right about now.” Kylee said as she sat her pen down.

Kevin cracked up, “Inner fan girl?”

Kylee blushed, “Anyways we need to get back on task, so”

Kevin interrupted, “Just one more question, how old are you?”

Kylee scrunched her brow in confusion, “I just turned twenty one, why?”

Kevin smiled, “Oh no reason.”

“Okay, so you said you felt cold and clammy and then you felt dizzy right?” Kylee asked as she checked her notes.

“That’s right” he answered.
“Have you taken any medication recently?”

“No”

“Any nausea or diarrhea?”

Kevin blushed, “Umm, no.”

Have you been sexually active at any point in the past thirty days?”

“No!” Kevin said incredulously.

Noticing the tone in his voice Kylee looked up from the chart, “Kevin I’m sorry. I know these questions are a bit embarrassing and some of them are sort of pointless, but I have to; I’m obligated by law to take an accurate patient history.”

Kevin sighed, “I guess, it’s just I’m not used to talking about this kind of stuff with someone so pretty,” upon realizing what he said Kevin began to turn red.

Kylee blushed, “Umm, I-I. Wow, I’m having a really hard time controlling myself right now.”

“Inner fan girl?” Kevin asked.

“Oh yeah.”

Kevin smirked, “So back to the chart, right?”

“Right,” She said as she sat the chart down and leaned forward.

“Could you lean forward a bit so I can check your lymph nodes?” she asked.

As Kevin leaned forward he locked eyes with hers causing her to blush. She placed her first two fingers on either side of his jaw and felt around. A look of confusion crossed her face as she stopped repositioned one of her hands and felt again. She smirked at what she found.

As she leaned back curiosity got the better of him, “What’s so funny?”

“I make you nervous.” She said with a smile.

“What, no you don’t.” Kevin said trying his best not to blush.

“Okay mister rock star, then why is it that your pulse rate sped up when I touched you?”

“I don’t know, maybe it’s because of the concert tonight.”

Kylee patted his leg, “I give you an A for effort, but I’m not buying it.”

Kevin rolled his eyes, “anything else you need?”

“ Just the tugar test, so if you’ll just give me your arm.” She said motioning to his arm.

Kevin held out his arm for her and stared in shock as she pinched him.

“Hey! What was that for?”

Kylee rolled her eyes, “Oh please that didn’t hurt. It’s called the tugar test; it tests the elasticity of your skin. It lets me know if you are dehydrated.”

“Oh okay.” Kevin said as he put his arm back down.

Kylee sighed as she finished up his chart, “Well I guess that’s it. Doctor Owens will be with you shortly.”

As she got up to leave Kevin spoke up, “Kylee?”

She looked back over her shoulder, “Yes?”

“Can I have your number?” Kevin asked with a hopeful expression on his face.

Kylee grinned, “Maybe later rock star.”

Kevin grinned, “I’m going to hold you to that Kylee.”

“You do that, Kevin. You do that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I wrote this as a way to get rid of writers block. The idea popped in my head and so I wrote it down. If enough of you like it I’ll continue it… Let me know what you think, Comment please!!!